A Fun Movie Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:
I spent way too long coming up with this list: (sorry that Cori's isn't done ... you can wait till hers is)

1. “Oh my God, they found Tom.”

2. “I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?”

3. “You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.”

4. “You straightened my brother out?”

5. Character 1: “Yo no me voy a poner esto! Esto duele!”
Character 2: “What? What are you saying?”
Character 3: “I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin.”

6. “Leave the ball, will ya, George?”

7. Character 1: “Can I get you something?”
Character 2: “Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.”

8. “There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.”

9. “Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.”

10. “Wait a minute, wait a minute. There's not enough room, man, you're bugging me. You're bugging me.”

11. “Kids today are amazing. I played winter ball down in Venezuala, they had kids half his age, every one of them speaking Spanish. And that's a hard language.”

12. “Dynamite drop-in, Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.”

13. “Every night it's the fucking chicken! Holy God Almighty! Is it possible just once we could get something to eat for dinner around here that's not the goddamned fucking chicken?”

14. “But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'”

15. “Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.”

7 is Fletch
12 is Major League 2
"Foul ball... caught."
13 is Little Miss Sunshine
15 is GP Part II

All right - the two that went unguessed from my list.

#3 And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

FARGO.

You guys, I'm so disappointed in all of you.

#13 The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

Breakfast At Tiffany's.

:heart:

LemonMacPhisto said:

7 is Fletch
12 is Major League 2
"Foul ball... caught."
13 is Little Miss Sunshine
15 is GP Part II

I was about to call you out on Fletch. Good editing.

I haven't seen Fargo enough to remember anything from it. :(

PlaTheGreat said:
1. The Shawshank Redemption guessed by No Spoken Words

2. My first day here, he beat me because I threw out the bones from dinner. He came down at midnight and asked for them. And I asked him, I don't know how, I could never ask him now, I said, "Why are you beating me?" He said, "The reason I beat you now is because you ask why I beat you."

3. Stand tall, boy. Have some respect for yourself. Don't you know if you let people walk over you now, they'll be walking over you for the rest of your life! Look at me. You think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in this slop house?

4. I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.

5. Shaun of the Dead, guessed by cori

6. Oh I'm sorry, am I being a little graphic? I'm sorry. Well, I hope you're up for a little competition. She's got a power tool in the bedroom, dear. It's her own personal jackhammer. She could break sidewalk with that thing. She uses it and the lights dim, it's like a prison movie. Amazed she hasn't chipped her teeth. :lol:

7. Well, I think Bill's got a point. If you look at the whole life of the planet, we... you know, man, has only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection wipes us all out, that is a return to normality.

8. Red Dragon, guessed by lazarus

9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, guessed by LemonMacPhisto

10. The soul of man has been given wings and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow! Into the light of hope, into the future! The glorious future, that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up!

11. Goodfellas, guessed by No Spoken Words

12. Donnie Darko, guessed by cori

13. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.

14. Well, you can't know. Not until you look at a dumpster. But when you climb into that thing for the first time and you pull those newspapers over you, that's when you know you've messed your life up. Somebody comes along like your son, and gives me a leg up, I'll take it. Even from a kid, I'll take it.

15. American Beauty guessed by No Spoken Words

Remaining^

Last edited:
1. “Oh my God, they found Tom.”

5. Character 1: “Yo no me voy a poner esto! Esto duele!”
Character 2: “What? What are you saying?”
Character 3: “I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin.”

6. “Leave the ball, will ya, George?”

8. “There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.”

10. “Wait a minute, wait a minute. There's not enough room, man, you're bugging me. You're bugging me.”

11. “Kids today are amazing. I played winter ball down in Venezuala, they had kids half his age, every one of them speaking Spanish. And that's a hard language.”

14. “But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'”

CORRECTLY GUESSED:

2. “I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?” - Rocky, YLB
3. “You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.” - Caddyshack, YLB
4. “You straightened my brother out?” - The Godfather (No spoken words)
7. Character 1: “Can I get you something?”
Character 2: “Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.” - Fletch (lazarus)
9. “Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” - Monty Python and the Holy Grail (corianderstem)
12. “Dynamite drop-in, Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.” - Major League II (YLB)
13. “Every night it's the fucking chicken! Holy God Almighty! Is it possible just once we could get something to eat for dinner around here that's not the goddamned fucking chicken?” - Little Miss Sunshine (Pla the Great)
15. “Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.” - Godfather Part II (YLB)

corianderstem said:
All right - the two that went unguessed from my list.

#3 And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

FARGO.

You guys, I'm so disappointed in all of you.

#13 The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

Breakfast At Tiffany's.

:heart:

I should have known both of those. And Singin' in the Rain, one of my favs. Damn! If it had been any Donald O'Connor or Gene Kelly line I probably would have pegged it.

9 on Pla is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

From the scene in the snow, I think.

See, NSW feels the shame. :hug:

There were many plum Singin' In the Rain quotes - I had a hard time picking.

laz, maybe you should have said the Fargo quote alone, and you'd have heard that upper-midwest accent just pouring out of your mouth. :wink:

Only have the energy to do 10. And good luck, there are some oldies in here:

1. " I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? Fuck! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here. "

2. "This... this, the hollow at the base of a woman's throat, does it have an official name?"

3. "I run this dump, and I don't know the technical mumbo-jumbo. Why do I run it? Cause I got horse sense goddamit, SHOWMANSHIP! And also I hope Lou told you this, I am bigger and meaner and louder than any other kike in this town. Did you tell him that Lou? And I don't mean my dick is bigger than yours, it's not a sexual thing. You're a writer, you know more about that."

4. "I met this guy named Ding-Dong. He told me the whole Earth is goin' up in flame. Flames will come out of here and there and they'll just rise up. The mountains are gonna go up in big flames, the water's gonna rise in flames. There's gonna be creatures runnin' every which way, some of them burnt, half of their wings burnin'. People are gonna be screamin' and hollerin' for help. See, the people that have been good - they're gonna go to heaven and escape all that fire. But if you've been bad, God don't even hear you. He don't even hear ya talkin'."

5. "I'm 26, and I'm single, and a school teacher, and that's the bottom of the pit. And the only excitement I've known is here with me now. I'll go with you, and I won't whine, and I'll sew you socks, and I'll stitch you when you're wounded, and I'll do anything you ask of me except one thing. I won't watch you die."

6. "You gentlemen aren't REALLY trying to kill my son, are you?"

7. "I don't mind if you don't like my manners, I don't like them myself. They are pretty bad. I grieve over them on long winter evenings. I don't mind your ritzing me drinking your lunch out of a bottle. But don't waste your time trying to cross-examine me. "

8. "General, on behalf of the former sinners of the future I would like to protest the closing of this mission."

9. "Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You better beat it - I hear they're going to tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here? You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle."

10. "This is the '90s. You don't just go around punching people. You have to say something cool first.

Back
Top Bottom