A Fun Movie Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, it's not American Beauty.

I know what it is, but again, I cheated, so I will refrain from posting. I can't help myself, but I knew it was very familiar. The dinner scene in AB came to mind first, so...

corianderstem said:
:lol:

All right then. I guess I just saw you as such a wordly character. I figured you'd be all up in the grilles of the classics.

Worldy, yes, just fairly uneducated in the classic cinema dept...

Maybe our first date?:wink:

I dunno ... Gone With the Wind is just so damned long. I prefer my first dates to be shorter.

:wink:

Cori, I think you're #2 is A Hard Day's Night, but I'll be really embarassed if it's not.

NSW, I didn't think you'd mind that I've moved on before we've both signed the papers. :(

Pfan, you got it! I'm happy someone got that one.

Edit: two left:

3. And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

13. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
I dunno ... Gone With the Wind is just so damned long. I prefer my first dates to be shorter.

:wink:

You've never gone on a first date with me...

So would Gone with the Wind be your next suggestion?

No spoken words said:
Put to be so......public about it all, Cori.

Life's not worth living if it's not on camera. Or on the internet.

BVS, I think Gone With the Wind is a must-see if only for historical purposes (cinematic history, not actualy Civil War history). I think it's a great movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the film buffs here might argue that.

1. There are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.

2. My first day here, he beat me because I threw out the bones from dinner. He came down at midnight and asked for them. And I asked him, I don't know how, I could never ask him now, I said, "Why are you beating me?" He said, "The reason I beat you now is because you ask why I beat you."

3. Stand tall, boy. Have some respect for yourself. Don't you know if you let people walk over you now, they'll be walking over you for the rest of your life! Look at me. You think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in this slop house?

4. I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs.

5. You know, I don't think I've got it in me to shoot my flatmate, my mum, and my girlfriend all in the same night. Shaun of the Dead, guessed by cori

6. Oh I'm sorry, am I being a little graphic? I'm sorry. Well, I hope you're up for a little competition. She's got a power tool in the bedroom, dear. It's her own personal jackhammer. She could break sidewalk with that thing. She uses it and the lights dim, it's like a prison movie. Amazed she hasn't chipped her teeth. :lol:

7. Well, I think Bill's got a point. If you look at the whole life of the planet, we... you know, man, has only been around for a few blinks of an eye. So if the infection wipes us all out, that is a return to normality.

8. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great becoming but you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. Before me you rightly tremble. But you owe me more than fear. You owe me awe!

9. He was their friend, and he betrayed them. He was their friend! I hope he finds me! Cause when he does, I'm gonna be ready. When he does, I'm gonna kill him!

10. The soul of man has been given wings and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow! Into the light of hope, into the future! The glorious future, that belongs to you, to me and to all of us. Look up, Hannah. Look up!

11. Is this the superintendent?... Yes, sir, I would like you to know that you have a whore living in 2R. Rossi, Janice Rossi... He's my husband. Get your own goddamn man. Goodfellas, guessed by No Spoken Words

12. Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion! Donnie Darko, guessed by cori

13. Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.

14. Well, you can't know. Not until you look at a dumpster. But when you climb into that thing for the first time and you pull those newspapers over you, that's when you know you've messed your life up. Somebody comes along like your son, and gives me a leg up, I'll take it. Even from a kid, I'll take it.

15. Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in. American Beauty guessed by No Spoken Words

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

11. The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

I'm guessing this is Almost Famous... I think I remember the "the only true currency in the bankrupt world" part, but I don't recall the rest...

1. “Oh my God, they found Tom.”

2. “I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?”

3. “You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia. Is this Russia? This isn't Russia.”

5. Character 1: “Yo no me voy a poner esto! Esto duele!”
Character 2: “What? What are you saying?”
Character 3: “I've been brushing up on my Spanish of late, and I think he is saying something about, you know, his being Catholic, and it's a sin.”

6. “Leave the ball, will ya, George?”

7. Character 1: “Can I get you something?”
Character 2: “Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.”

8. “There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.”

10. “Wait a minute, wait a minute. There's not enough room, man, you're bugging me. You're bugging me.”

11. “Kids today are amazing. I played winter ball down in Venezuala, they had kids half his age, every one of them speaking Spanish. And that's a hard language.”

12. “Dynamite drop-in, Monte. That broadcast school has really paid off.”

14. “But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'”

15. “Senator? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming license, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.”

CORRECTLY GUESSED:

4. “You straightened my brother out?” - The Godfather (No spoken words)
9. “Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” - Monty Python and the Holy Grail (corianderstem)
13. “Every night it's the fucking chicken! Holy God Almighty! Is it possible just once we could get something to eat for dinner around here that's not the goddamned fucking chicken?” - Little Miss Sunshine (Pla the Great)

5. You know, I don't think I've got it in me to shoot my flatmate, my mum, and my girlfriend all in the same night.

Shaun of the Dead

11. Is this the superintendent?... Yes, sir, I would like you to know that you have a whore living in 2R. Rossi, Janice Rossi... He's my husband. Get your own goddamn man.

Is that Goodfellas?

12. Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

Donnie Darko

15. Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

American Beauty

Eh, so I can't quote correctly ... my guesses are in there, although NSW already got #15.

Back
Top Bottom