A Fun Movie Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Updated with hints, mofos:

1. When a man's partner is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you're supposed to do something about it. And it happens we're in the detective business. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it's-it's bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere. HINT: film noir

2. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.True Romance, guessed by lazarus

3. There's nothing too small. You know when police find the slightest piece of DNA and build a case on it? If we might see you floss or masturbate that could be the key till your entire reality. HINT: 2004

4. How could I have known that murder could sometimes smell like honeysuckle? HINT: film noir

5. Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in front of a full view of 100 people, I shoot the bastards, that's my policy. The Naked Gun, guessed by YLB

6. 37! My girlfriend's sucked 37 dicks!Clerks, guessed by PlaTheGreat

7. I don't swear for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. We've got to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words anybody understands. HINT: courtroom drama

8. Character A: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed...
Character B: Some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Character A: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.Trainspotting, guessed by YLB

9. Being suspended is like getting a paid vacation. Why do they think it's a punishment? It's like your dog pees on the carpet and you give him a treat. Then you get in trouble for skipping school, it's sooo stupid! Hendricks told me, "One more time" and I'd be expelled. Sounded good to me. HINT: 1999

10. You're a very nosy fellow, kitty cat. Huh? You know what happens to nosy fellows? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? Okay. They lose their noses.Chinatown, guessed by YLB

11. Oh, I love you, Adam, Alex, Peter, Brian, whatever your name is, I love you! I hope we have a lot of boys and we can name them all after you! HINT: set in Paris

12. You know what's the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? Is when you remember how little you thought about the people you broke up with and you realize that is how little they're thinking of you. You know, you'd like to think you're both in all this pain but they're just like 'Hey, I'm glad you're gone'.Before Sunrise, guessed by NSW

13. Go back to Jersey, Sonny. This is the City of the Angels and you haven't got any wings.LA Confidential, guessed by NSW

14. Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex!Some Like It Hot, guessed by YLB

15. If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy, Pez, cherry-flavored Pez. No question about it.Stand By Me, guessed by PlaTheGreat

1 - And you really believe that just because you publish children's books, people are going to care about my reputation? You can have pictures of me wearing nipple rings, butt-fucking Captain Kangaroo. The only thing they care about is the stock and whether that stock is up or down!

2 - Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist, wrapped in blood! Go fuck yourself! You writer! You liar! (Closer - Lazarus)

3 - I have often thought that in the hereafter of our lives, when I owe no more to the future and can be just a man, that we may meet, and you will come to me and claim me as yours, and know that I am your husband. It is a dream I have...

4 - I'm gonna find me two waitresses here and I'm gonna pull me a Fredo.

5 - Tell me, would you be likely to sue me if I was to beat you right now? I mean, beat you so bad you piss blood and couldn't walk for a month. Because that's what I'm about to do.

6 - God made countries, God makes kings, and the rules by which they govern. And those rules say that the Sabbath is His. And I for one intend to keep it that way.

7 - Padre, there are subtleties! We are not concerned with motives, with the higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime and with relieving the ghastly congestion in our prisons. He will be your true Christian, ready to turn the other cheek, ready to be crucified rather than crucify, sick to the heart at the thought of killing a fly. Reclamation! Joy before the angels of God! The point is that it works.

8 - Person A "Now, if there's anything I can do for you... "

Person B "Well, I certainly hope you'll die soon". (Broadcast News - Lazarus)

9 - They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?" (Grosee Point Blank - M'Lady Punk)

10 - Draw again. Draw it again. You're the ace field man. Draw it again. It's a simple diagram. Just draw it again. Draw what you saw. Draw it again! Draw it again! (Ronin - Joey)

11 - Listen. I work for the CIA. I am not a spy. I just read books! We read everything that's published in the world. And we... we feed the plots - dirty tricks, codes - into a computer, and the computer checks against actual CIA plans and operations. I look for leaks, I look for new ideas... We read adventures and novels and journals. I... I... Who'd invent a job like that? (Three Days of the Condor - Lazarus)

12 - Hey, fuck you! This is what you always wanted, you crooked bitch! You thief! You always need to get caught, cuz you know you're bad. I never hurt anybody... I never shot anybody... You sought this out... This is what you always wanted. I knew it the FIRST time you came in... You're worthless, you know it? You're a whore! You came back like a dog to its own vomit! You sick bitch! I'm not gonna give you shit!

13 - Don't you think one of the charms of marriage is that it makes deception a necessity for both parties? May I ask why a beautiful woman who could have any man in this room wants to be married? (Eyes Wide Shut - Lazarus)

14 - They did not take me in the Army. I was, um, interestingly enough, I was, I was 4-P. Yes. In the, in the event of war, I'm a hostage. (Annie Hall - YLB)

15 - Come on fuck-o's. Let's go for a ride. (Goodfellas - Lazarus)

Back
Top Bottom