A Five-star Review For The New Oasis Album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven´t heard any new song yet, but I really doubt about critics reviews before releasing date :eyebrow:. I don´t swallow those sellout reviewers, to be honest :|

Just take a look at all those 5 star reviews of HTDAAB written by the time the album was released :down: :coocoo: Every single media described it as "Their Third Masterpiece", "Best since Acthung Baby" and all that shit :censored:. The same thing happened with Metallica St Anger, REM Around The Sun, Moby Hotel, etc. Don´t you realise that EVERY NEW album by an artist is described as their best in years and years ?

The more I read that kind of reviews, the more I believe the record company and principal management send money to those critics, really :scratch:

I bet you the new Oasis album will be nowhere near Definitely Maybe or What´s The Story (morning glory)

Is it just me or does the actual review not match the rating? From the review I'd guess that it was a 3 or maybe just barely a 4 rating, not the apparent 5 star rating that was given.

IWasBored said:

yeah!! in the OTHER THREAD!!

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123775&pagenumber=6

but since you managed to post this link twice, i guess it's too much to expect that you keep the new album talk in one thread.

Post what link twice? I didn't start this topic. In fact, I don't think I've started a single Oasis discussion on this forum at all.

Thanks for jumping al; over me for no reason for what its it, the second time now?;)

ponkine said:
I haven´t heard any new song yet, but I really doubt about critics reviews before releasing date :eyebrow:. I don´t swallow those sellout reviewers, to be honest :|

Just take a look at all those 5 star reviews of HTDAAB written by the time the album was released :down: :coocoo: Every single media described it as "Their Third Masterpiece", "Best since Acthung Baby" and all that shit :censored:. The same thing happened with Metallica St Anger, REM Around The Sun, Moby Hotel, etc. Don´t you realise that EVERY NEW album by an artist is described as their best in years and years ?

The more I read that kind of reviews, the more I believe the record company and principal management send money to those critics, really :scratch:

I bet you the new Oasis album will be nowhere near Definitely Maybe or What´s The Story (morning glory)

To be fair, you aren't an effective poster, nor a decent communicator..I've heard bits and pieces of the album now, and let me tell you it WILL be great.

Yet another thread on this subject, not more than an hour or two after the last one emerged. Sweet joy and rapture. :wink:
Okay. Giv'r.

Sleep Over Jack said:

To be fair, you aren't an effective poster, nor a decent communicator.

Oh dear. Can't we stay civil towards each other? Or are we really such pigheaded brats? Surely not, Friends of Hagrid.

Just a question.

I've heard bits and pieces of the album now, and let me tell you it WILL be great.

Sez you. If that's what you think, good for you. It doesn't mean anyone else is wrong.

For any doubters out there: The new album is gonna be pure magic, from first-hand experience.

That is your opinion, as is your comment above, and mine is obviously my own, while ponkine's is his, :blahblah: ad infinitum. :yawn:

The point being that common sense - yet again - dictates that neither you, nor I, nor anyone else, can realistically tell other people what their reaction should be.

Of course, we're all here to debate and discuss, but completely discounting people's opinions as being completely wrong, without offering any reasoning as to why, is better off in the infant school school playground. IN MY OPINION, of course. We all do it sometimes, and yeah, I'm as guilty as anyone else, but on the whole, we tend to stay reasonable. ish.

For the 755th time this week: musical appreciation is subjective and is dependent on individual preference, so we're going to get different perspectives. So how's about a modicum of self control? Just a suggestion, of course.

Anyway! Lecture over for now. :D

I like what I have heard so far of the new Oasis stuff. I personally don't think they can top Definitely Maybe, as that album heralded a shift in the UK music scene. I thought the majority of What's the Story paled in comparison. Still, I'm looking forward to having a good listen to their latest offering and looking at how far the band has changed and progressed.

I have sincere doubts about the latter, but I guess we'll know soon enough... which will probably start an even sillier debate than the whole Oasis/Coldplay thing of the earlier thread!!

Until then...
sleeping-smiley-009.gif
sleeping-smiley-012.gif

sleeping-smiley-014.gif
sleeping-smiley-011.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom