A few musical confessions for you to ponder (and laugh at)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
1. I don't much like early Bruce. Born to Run is where it starts for me.

2. I have no idea why that triangle-toothed bear is a symbol for Radiohead.

3. Even after 20+ years, I still don't know which song goes with which title for a few of the songs on UF.

1. I'm not allowed to say anything since I don't even have Darkness On The Edge Of Town. And I don't have his first 2 albums either, although there are some great songs on them. But most of the best versions of those songs were played during the Darkness Tour.
:hug:

2. I have no idea either. I'm a casual Radiohead fan. I think it became a symbol for them during Kid A or so.
:shrug:

3. Now this is something to be worried about. To me it's on par with not having Bruce Springsteen's Darkness On The Edge Of Town. Maybe even worse.
:tsk:
Still, you have time to learn them by heart. Repeat after me:
A Sort Of Homecoming - Pride (In The Name Of Love) - Wire - The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade - 4th Of July - Bad - Indian Summer Sky - Elvis Presley And America - MLK
Now, that wasn't that difficult, was it?
:wink:

It ain't no thang, sister. We're none of us perfect, and I even own a Spin Doctors album from my childhood years.

In honesty, that one, lone sin probably more than trumps your three sins even when taken as a group. We all gots skeletons up in the closet, y'know?

Popmartijn said:
Wire - Promenade - 4th Of July - - Elvis Presley And America

It's when they're on shuffle that I'm completely lost.

See, here's a further confession: I've only really warmed up to that record in the past few years or so. I didn't really like it all that much when it was released.

martha said:
See, here's a further confession: I've only really warmed up to that record in the past few years or so. I didn't really like it all that much when it was released.

:ohmy:

But from your words I can deduce that you do like it now.
Thank God! You're saved! :hug:

Marty loves you.
:heart:

i dislike the wild the innocent and the e street shuffle as an album. so i can't argue with you there. but greetings rules.

radiohead suck.

i only bought UF about 4 or 5 years ago, so i don't have 20 years of possible listening. but in the few years i've had, i have no idea what half the songs are either. i never listen to that album.

1) Although I don't dislike him, I do not own any Bruce albums. None. :reject:

2) Don't know, don't care. :shrug:

3) Elvis Presley & America still trips me up a bit, but I think I'm good with the rest of them. :wink:

Thank you, Mrs. Martha, for sharing and prompting us to do the same. That's why you're a kickass teacher & totally :rockon:!!

:hug: :D

1. I just don't really care for Bruce much, though some live stuff that I've heard sounds good.

2. Not a clue.

3. Unforgiveable. UF is, after all, the best album ever made. :wink:

1. I like about half of Greetings, but love The Wild, The Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle (although Sandy is way overrated).

2. I like some Radiohead, but apparently not enough to know anything about this.

3. You're excused if you are referring to Indian Summer Sky and Elvis Presley & America... :wink:

I thought everyone knew about the death bears? :(

Early on, Stanley Donwood, who does our artwork, and I started doing this thing, Test Specimen, a cartoon about giving birth to a monster, the Frankenstein thing. For example, the bear logo-- that is a test specimen, the first mutant. The idea was loosely based on stuff we were reading about genetically modified food. We got obsessed with the idea of mutation entering the DNA of the human species. One episode was about these teddy bears that mutate and start eating children. It was this running joke, which wasn't really funny. But in our usual way, it addressed a lot of our paranoias and anxieties.

- Thom Yorke

The cartoons can be found here:

http://home.student.uu.se/hehi1133/kidart.htm

martha said:
1. I don't much like early Bruce. Born to Run is where it starts for me.

2. I have no idea why that triangle-toothed bear is a symbol for Radiohead.

3. Even after 20+ years, I still don't know which song goes with which title for a few of the songs on UF.

I like some early Bruce...otherwise these confessions could have been mine, too. :reject:

Bono's shades said:

Before I bought UF I thought the title of Bad was Let It Go. :reject:

i was convinced mysterious ways was a cover when i heard it on achtung baby. someone else did it! some bad 80s band!! no, wait...

1. I love all early bruce everything from greetings to darkness I love to death...I dont like the River except for 3 or 4 songs...I love Nebraska...I dont like Born in the Usa...Tunnel is good ...dont like Lucky town/human touch but everything since I think has been great

2. I love radiohead, but also don't know the story behind the bear:hmm:

3. the second half of U. Fire can be quite confusing...cause I too put everything on shuffle

1. early bruce is amazing, give it another chance (wild, innocent, e street shuffle is brilliant)

2. don't care about the radiohead symbol

3. can't name song with music on UF or Octber so I'm worse than you:wink:

Really? I could never get into Tom Joad. I think half the album is great, but the rest sounds very dull and repetitive.

If one took the best songs from Human Touch and Lucky Town, you'd have a great album from 1992.

I never get time to listen to it properly, though, I'm always forgetting about it or doing something else. I really need to sit down and stick it on!

nebraska is one of those albums that has to be listened to from the first song to the end. so perfect. easily one of my favorite albums ever.

Back
Top Bottom