a different type of band name game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ewen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Just had a thought (don't get many of them) for another band or artist name game while playing Dozer's. Probably been done before but here goes.

the rules with this one:

i mention a band and the next person has to mention a band or artist which has a connection to my band for one of the following reasons:

one of the members in your band is also in the band i mentioned (e.g. The Clash -> Big Audio dynamite)

the bands have recorded or covered the same song (e.g. U2/Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower)

the artist has a song title of the same name (e.g. U2/Metallica - "One")

it could potentially go around in circles but lets try be original.

ok here goes.....

U2

yeah

take that - robbie williams old band of course

Rosie Gaines - apparently he dueted with her

Prince - rosie gaines was a charter member of Prince's New Power Generation, contributing heavily to his Diamonds and Pearls album.

Sinead O'Connor - she did Prince's "Nothing Compare 2 U"

hmm, i reckon you should elaborate, know which song etc

anyway.....

The travelling Wilbury's - bob dylan was a member of this 'supergroup'

Jeff Lynne - famous musician/producer that played and wrote on a couple of George Harrison albums (e.g. Cloud Nine).

Last edited:
so you didnt go for the most obvious, i respect that...

the move - jeff lynne was in that band

Black Sabbath - Bev Bevan from ELO played drums for Sabbath in the early 80s for less than a year

We Sold Our Soul For Rock and Roll (album)
and while we're at it... Geezer Butler (is that cheating?)

Small Faces - Randy Rhodes with Quiet Riot did a cover of the Small Faces song Afterglow (of your love)

Last edited:
ewen said:
Small Faces - Randy Rhodes with Quiet Riot did a cover of the Small Faces song Afterglow (of your love)

M-People - covered Small Faces' Itchycoo Park (badly).

Robbie Robertson - song on his 1987 album called Testify, the name also of an M People song (yeah i made up that dumb rule in the first posting, lol)

ewen said:
Robbie Robertson - song on his 1987 album called Testify, the name also of an M People song (yeah i made up that dumb rule in the first posting, lol)

Rod Stewart - covered Robbie Robertson's Broken Arrow.

Back
Top Bottom