A December(ists) treat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are decemberists anti weimar rep or anti imperial?

they can't have it both ways, guys.

OK, getting back to the topic - I'm just now getting into the Decemberists. What songs should I listen to first?

The song that started it all for me was Engine Driver. When I first heard The Mariner's Revenge Song I was very much impressed. The song that addicted me was Los Angeles I'm Yours. Some other songs I love are "Eli, The Barrow Boy", "The Soldiering Life", "Red Right Ankle", "The Chimbley Sweep", "I Dreamt I Was an Architect". But I would buy any of their albums, they are very strong and lack filler.

They're one of the few recent bands I can think of who've put out nothing but stellar albums so far. All 3 of them are extremely solid. I personally would recommend just buying the most recent one first, 'Picaresque'. It's probably my overall fav. at the moment. After that go with the first 'Castaways and Cutouts' and then the second 'Her Majesty'. Yeah, you'll more or less fine checking into most any song on any of those albums. See allmusic for their recommendations if you like.

I posted a concert review of theirs a few months back in my journal for futher info/impressions.

yertle-the-turtle said:
For me it was 'July, July' and 'Grace Cathedral Hill' from the first album.

A friend sent me a mix with Grace Cathedral Hill on it and I liked that quite a bit. Then I heard them on one of the late night shows (Conan, maybe?) and quite liked that song. So they are on my list of bands to check out in the next several months. :)

The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning :drool:

The Crane Wife is a dandy

Tuesday indeed. Everyone go buy it. I'm quite in love with it.

Back
Top Bottom