A College Basketball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
img7025729.jpg

ok you can close the thread now... nothing left to discuss. barring injury problems, no one is beating duke.

indiana is going to beat them :rockon:

though it will be tough with the big ten freshman of the year out with an injury :(

Every time there's a Duke home game on TV and I see the students bobbing up and down in their seats, I want to grab a giant whack-a-mole mallet and beat them all into submission.

duke is rediculous... they won't lose more than 5 games the entire season... if that many.

the performance they put on last night was wonderful to watch. they beat a seton hall, a power conference team mind you, by 50 damned points... and they didn't do it because if their superior athleticism... they overwellmed them with their superior SKILL.

god forbid... a skilled team. what is the world comming to.

speedracer said:
Every time there's a Duke home game on TV and I see the students bobbing up and down in their seats, I want to grab a giant whack-a-mole mallet and beat them all into submission.

every time there's a duke home game on tv and i see the sudents bobbing up and down in their seats, i dream that one day i could be there, either as a fan or as a coach.

Not doubting Duke at all, even though it seems JJ has been there for the past 10 years, but Seton Hall is just not a very good team. They're picked to be bottom dwellers of the Big East along with my Providence Friars.

Seton Hall looked awful...I stopped paying attention at 33-5.
BU gave Duke much more of a game Monday night. You never had the sense they'd beat Duke, but they seemed to belong in the game, SHU belongs in a high school conference.

I don't think Duke will win it all...not enough size and power, so on a night in March when those 3's don't fall...they're going to be sent home.

oh come on.

the only team in the nation that could challange duke for the title this year is texas... and they'll playe each other in early january at the meadowlands.

seton hall did beat manhattan, a team comparable with BU, by 14.

duke has a god 6 or 7 guys who can shoot the friggin lights out. it's not like it's just J.J. and if he goes cold they're done, like last year... they've got TONS Of kids now. they return baisicly everyone important from last year, while bringing in the #1 recruiting class in the nation... and they're all skilled recruits, not athletes who need a year or two to develop but will never get that time because they're gonna jump to the NBA in a season.

this duke team is rediculous... i'd be shocked if they don't win it all. shocked.

i can't wait to see 'em at the garden next friday.

and as for the BU game... the coach at BU's not an idiot. they held the ball, they ate the clock, they made duke take as few shots as they could.

BU was up 8-10 points early in the first half and proceeded to ge throttled for the rest of the half. BU never stood a chance.

seton hall went out there and fell right into duke's trap. the way K coaches... he attempts to intice opposing teams into thinking they can do what they want to do, when the reality is they can't. so seton hall had no game plan, went out there and tried to run up and down the floor with duke and got absolutely demolished.

Which is what I said, you never thought BU had a shot at the game, but they at least competed.
Now a smart coach (sorry Louis) with better players than BU has (and Duke will play a lot of teams with more talent than BU) will be able to use a similar philosophy with greater results.

great game, great seats

memphis is a team that i think can contend for the national championship this year... and historicly, teams that do well in the pre season NIT do well in the tournament... so this bodes well for my prediction that Duke will win it all.

not the best of pictures but it's hard to get the lighting down in the garden for a sporting event...
jj.JPG

Duke at Indiana on Wednesday :drool:

If Indiana's best player wasn't hurt I'd almost guarantee a victory, but as is, I think it's 50-50. IU is good this year.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what in the hell is duke wearing?

those gray stripes have to go... stupid f'ing nike. i love their sneakers and all but damn it they have to go and ruin every uniform they touch

A lot of teams have those grey panels on their jerseys. Looks like a new design.

It sucks.

But it's not nearly as bad as Indiana's red and white striped warmup pants. Their scrubs look like they're in the circus or something.

Indiana's red and white striped pants are classsssic.

You can't give Duke a 16-2 head start. Still a positive game for Indiana though. Marco is an absolute beast, and should be even more effective when we get our other big man stud DJ White back.

Chizip said:
indiana is going to beat them :rockon:

AAAHHHHNNNNKKKK!!! - Wrong; try again later! :D

:rockon: Blue Devils! Honorable Mention to Indiana though, for making my Dukies WORK for that win tonight! Hoosiers, you are an honorable foe - you will not be forgotten. :lol:

um i think you missed this

"If Indiana's best player wasn't hurt I'd almost guarantee a victory, but as is, I think it's 50-50"

-Chizip

anyway, you're all crazy calling the pants ugly. they are the greatest warm up pants of all time.

3050l.jpg

if anybody wants to get me a christmas present you can get me a pair of those pants from iuvshop.com. only 150 bucks, thanks.

Chizip said:
um i think you missed this

"If Indiana's best player wasn't hurt I'd almost guarantee a victory, but as is, I think it's 50-50"

-Chizip

I didn't miss it... I chose to ignore it. :laugh:

It's just some good-natured ribbing is all - I'll probably have some words of my own to swallow when Duke hits their inevitable dry spell several weeks into the season. :eek: :D

indiana's pants are hideous... but their indiana's pants... they have been for ever. i have no problem with keeping hideous shit based on tradition.

nike has to go and streamline every damned uniform to match their marketing campaign... they did it in college football with the one different color sleeve bullshit, now it appears as if they're doing it in college basketball... if there isn't an undershirt that already matches these new gray pannel uniforms, there will be... it's how nike rolls.

as for duke... let's remember that nelson is supposed to be the starting point guard... paulis wasn't supposed to start right away. so duke has been missing a starter all season thus far.

they're a young team, an inexperienced team and they're missing a key component... as the season goes along... as the young guys get more experience... when nelson comes back... they're just gonna get better and better and better.

they're in the part of the season where they're supposed to struggle... early season, freshman learning on the run, most of their early games on the road or on a neutral court... and despite playing a little sloppy at times... as would be expected with a freshman point guard... they're winning anyways.

i still like my hand them the trophy now declaration.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what in the hell is duke wearing?

those gray stripes have to go... stupid f'ing nike. i love their sneakers and all but damn it they have to go and ruin every uniform they touch

i found my answer... in the spot where i knew i could get it... espn.com page2's uni-watch.

In case you were wondering: The weird metallic-topped jerseys jerseys that several schools have been wearing in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge are the latest brainstorm from those geniuses at Nike. Uni Watch actually likes the Ohio State design, since silver is one of the school's colors, but most of the others are a joke, and the overall effect -- just like with those stupid mismatched-sleeve football jerseys -- is to create a bunch of Team Nike clones. Fortunately, these are just temporary designs for this one tournament.

Back
Top Bottom