A College Basketball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eustachy.jpg

I still don't quite understand why Larry Eustachy got canned. I mean, all university presidents and tenured professors hit up the frat/sorority party scene on the weekends, don't they?

so JJ Redick has now had 3 bad games (Memphis, Georgia Tech, Temple), and Duke has won all three of them.

Duke can still win when JJ is off because his reputation alone draws defenders towards him, no matter what he's shooting that particular day. If Sheldin Williams gets into foul trouble AND JJ is having an off day, that is when Duke will be in trouble.

Can we make a rule that you're only allowed to storm the court after a win if your team has upset a team ranked #1 or #2?

West Virginia kids just stormed the court after beating Pitt. And there was Duke storming the court after the last-second win over Virginia Tech. This is really getting out of hand.

i've been on the winning side of a stormed court, the losing side, and the student side.

the winning side is friggin awesome... the losing side is as crapy a feeling as the winnign side is good.

i've only stormed a cout once... but that was pretty cool, too... 'cause it was at madison square garden :drool:

that there was one terrible job of officiating at the end of the oklahoma oklahoma state game... final seconds, an ok state kid tries to take a charge on the sideline, the oklahoma player plows into him... should have been a charge, but no whistle... the ok state kid falls, the oklahoma kid stumbles out of bounds... a solid 3 second after the block/charge took place, the trail ref finally runs over and calls a block... about as late a call as you'll ever see.

oklahoma goes to the line with 0.6 seconds left, hits two free throws, wins by a point.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
If Sheldin Williams gets into foul trouble

It's Shelden with an E

And I can't stand Duke. I hate Duke with a passion.

I bleed Carolina Blue.

I can't wait for the rematch on Saturday, baby... But win or lose, it's absolutely amazing this Carolina team is on the verge of 20 wins, after losing everyone from last year. The only returning players were little-used David Noel, Reyshawn Terry, Byron Sanders and Quentin Thomas. And I mean LITTLE-USED.... How Roy Williams was able to get this team to win 20 games, let alone have a winning season, is incredible.

Okay, so what the ACC is weak this year. I still want to savor this season..

joerags said:
I bleed Carolina Blue.

You might want to get that checked out. Could cause some major problems in the future.

joerags said:
But win or lose, it's absolutely amazing this Carolina team is on the verge of 20 wins, after losing everyone from last year. The only returning players were little-used David Noel, Reyshawn Terry, Byron Sanders and Quentin Thomas. And I mean LITTLE-USED.... How Roy Williams was able to get this team to win 20 games, let alone have a winning season, is incredible.

Whatever makes you feel better about a first-round exit is fine with me. :wink:

Go Duke!

roy williams did a good job recruiting... and this certainly looks more like your average roy williams/kansas team than last year's squad of inherited matt doherty recruits did.

i.e. tall white center who looks terrific at times but completely disapears against the big time comp like duke :wink:

Eh...in recent years, I'd have to say that Kansas' and UNC's tall white stiffs were a hell of a lot better than Duke's tall white stiffs.

Well, looks like the DVD that FSU sent the ACC commish's office worked.

speedracer said:

Eh...in recent years, I'd have to say that Kansas' and UNC's tall white stiffs were a hell of a lot better than Duke's tall white stiffs.

i'm not sayin tyler howeverthehellyouspellhislast name is bad... he's quite good. but he was terrible against duke at UNC... i'm very interested to see how he plays in Cameron on saturday.

speedracer said:
Well, looks like the DVD that FSU sent the ACC commish's office worked.

and i guess the great conspiracy that allows duke to be successful has been thrown out the window, considering that it was within the referee's power and right to forefit the game in duke's favor last night after the crowd stormed the court before the game was over, yet failed to do so.

ironic that we were just talking about storming the court... i wonder if they'll try to institute any new rules banning it after that absolute mess last night.

i was really hoping that florida state would miss the free throws and duke would sink a miracle three pointer... just out of spite, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

if fans enter the court in a mass quantity like last night, before the game is over, be it in basketball or football or whatever... the home team should have to forefit the game.

i don't really care about rushing the court after the game, but before the game is over, even by accident, is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

and yes, i would say this if duke fans rushed the court early saturday night against UNC, despite the riot it would cause if duke had to forefit to carolina. the refs wouldn't make it out of the building alive.

if fans enter the court in a mass quantity like last night, before the game is over,... the home team should have to forefit the game.

At least give them a Technical.
2 Reddick free throws would have made the finish a bit more interesting.

they did give them a T... and redick did hit two free throws, cutting the FSU lead from 5 to 3

but then FSU went to the line to shoot their free throws and hit both.

if they weren't gonna forefit they should give out a T for every minute the fans were on the court... woulda been about 5 or 6 Ts

and i guess the great conspiracy that allows duke to be successful has been thrown out the window, considering that it was within the referee's power and right to forefit the game in duke's favor last night after the crowd stormed the court before the game was over, yet failed to do so.

ironic that we were just talking about storming the court... i wonder if they'll try to institute any new rules banning it after that absolute mess last night.

i was really hoping that florida state would miss the free throws and duke would sink a miracle three pointer... just out of spite, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

if fans enter the court in a mass quantity like last night, before the game is over, be it in basketball or football or whatever... the home team should have to forefit the game.

i don't really care about rushing the court after the game, but before the game is over, even by accident, is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

and yes, i would say this if duke fans rushed the court early saturday night against UNC, despite the riot it would cause if duke had to forefit to carolina. the refs wouldn't make it out of the building alive.

I think what FSU should have done was have a ringer storm the court early, then have a security guard pretend to Taser him. That woulda kept everyone in their seats.

MY HEELS BABY!!!!

Hansbrough was a man possessed. He won't be denied.
Shelden Williams was tough, too, but it was so, so sweet to see Redick stink up the joint in his final game at Cameron.

As a Heels fan, this season is just as special, if not more special, than last year when we won it all. To have this team win 21 games, beat Duke, with NOBODY, and I mean, NOBODY, back from last year, is incredible. Noel and Terry had virtually no playing time last year because of all the talent we had. With them, plus Hansbrough, Frasor, Ginyard, Thomas, Green, and Miller, it is phenomenal that they came together and put together an amazing season.

Roy Williams

COACH OF THE YEAR!!!!

i will... and you remember what i said too and we'll compare memories in march.

will you still be "shocked" if duke doesnt win it all?

at this point i doubt you can call them the favorites

Chizip said:

will you still be "shocked" if duke doesnt win it all?

at this point i doubt you can call them the favorites

duke's freshmen haven't improved the way i thought they would...

but i wouldn't exactly call uconn favorites, either.

there is no single great team out there. so i'm still going with duke, by default. i said it at the start of the year, i'm gonna stick with it, for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom