A College Basketball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont think there is anway duke loses a game at cameron. but all road games are tough in college basketball, so i could see duke losing 1 or 2 on the road.

Mike and Mike in the morning just reported Bush would be returning to USC. They are trying to confirm it. If this is true, wow, that is stupid.

edit - Crap, I just noticed this is the college basketball thread

WildHoneyAlways said:

img9171634.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
img7025729.jpg

ok you can close the thread now... nothing left to discuss. barring injury problems, no one is beating duke.

except for maybe georgetown

Georgetown played a very smart game against Duke.

Attack the basket instead of moving the ball side-to-side against Duke's overaggressive on-the-ball defense.

Instead of sending three guys back on the inbounds pass against the press and turning the ball over under your own basket, cut away from the ball.

Put one solid defender on JJ Redick, and win the other four matchups.

georgetown won because they ran a princeton style offense to perfection... it's very tough to guard against, especially when you have a team that can make shots, and even more especially when you have a team that can be too aggresive and overplay. when you don't see this type of offense, constant backdoor cuts, curls, fades, etc. it's very tough to guard against... thus why princeton always seemed to be able to knock off big teams.

it's very interesting that JTIII's coaching style is more similar to that of his college coach, pete carril, than it is to his father's way of doing things.

Have I mentioned yet this season how much I despise the Orange Krush? No? Okay I can't stand them. Cheering sections are laaaaaame. Unless it's the Izzone. Then it's all good. Don't ask why. I just like them.

If JJ Redick has a bad game in the tournament, Duke is jacked. If Rudy Gay has a bad game, UConn can still survive.

For crying out loud, that was in November. If that happens again, Memphis will run Duke out of the building.

Shelden Williams is still solid, but the rest of the Duke team hasn't improved as they stand around and watch Redick do his thing. Josh McRoberts actually looks worse than he did at the beginning of the season.

Duke barely beating both Va. Tech and FSU at Cameron is enough to convince me that they won't win the title, probably not even make the final 4.

Back
Top Bottom