A closed mouth gathers no foot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What was the worst thing you ever said at the worst time?

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

In 8th grade I had this really HOT teacher, and during one of our dances, a couple friends and I were talking about her and I said, "I would give it to her all night!" What I didn't realize is that she was standing right behind me.

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

Just came in to laugh at Zoo.
wink.gif

That's too funny.

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

At Senior Supper (the last gathering for my high school class before we graduated), I volunteered to give a speech. I had a few notes, but I mostly decided to wing it, as is my style.

I said a few things to some special people in my life, and then I decided to make a nice comment to each of the teachers in attendence. One of them was my Sociology teacher Mr. Noha, kind of a young stud type of teacher and also one of the football coaches. Everyday before class, he would read to us from "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" or "Small Stuff", as he called it for short. When it came his turn for me to say something, I said, "Mr. Noha, I loved your small stuff." Everybody cracked up laughing, and I realized what I had said. Wanting to remedy the situtation, I only made it worse by saying, "Not THAT small stuff!" The class was howling, and I don't know who was redder...me or Mr. Noha. *bluuuuuuuuuuuush*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

When I came back in Holland after spending some time abroad, I got in my parents livingroom and saw a picture hanging on the wall. It was a picture of a man I'd never seen before. So I asked my parents something like "Who's that old geezer?", not realizing is was the father of a friend of my parents who died the week before. And that friend was standing right next to me....

icon38.gif

Back
Top Bottom