A Clockwork Orange .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I seen that film last night and it still has the power to shock me , not surprising it was banned in the UK for all those years.

Seriously though this film is not for the faint hearted , made me a bit sick afterwards.

Sometimes i felt sorry for alex but then he did deserve it.

The dialogue and language in the film makes me laugh , when i go back to college on monday im gonna speak like them.

" steaky wakey , chippy whippy " - LOVE IT lol.

The film really does reflect the times of British culture and there images of the future.

I sometimes forget that this is set in 1995 and not 1971 when it was made.

Stanley really did take a risk with this movie , at the time it didn't work but many years after his death it really had paid off.

This film contains scenes of Rape and violence.

Watch it all.

Its the sickest film ive ever seen , wasnt big budget production either or massive special effects, just a humble script based on a book with warts and all.

U2democrat said:
A lot of my artsy friends are obsessed with this movie...I've never seen it but I'm curious.

dont suspect, suggest

I love that film - an art piece. And i find alex deburgh strangely attractive... :huh: :drool:

I just cant get over this film , the power behind it is amazing .

" the old in and out " <<< lol gotta use that next time too.

vaz02 said:
I just cant get over this film , the power behind it is amazing .

" the old in and out " <<< lol gotta use that next time too.

That always cracks me up. It's a very quoteable film, and I actually think for once i prefer the film to the book.

partygirlvox said:

That always cracks me up. It's a very quoteable film, and I actually think for once i prefer the film to the book.

It amazes me that back then they thought in the future we would of a miz of a language , they are speaking nadsat which is generally a mix of russian and english :huh:.

The author of the book anthony burgess almost hits the nail on the head , because today we speak txt and such.

Maybe they thought communism would spread and thats why in the future we spoke a mix of russian and english ?

Quality film

lol just been digging deep on this movie/book and it seems u2 are fans too, the b side to the Fly single was entitled 'Alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk/Korova 1. '

Wow im fascinated by this film

This movie is probably in the Top3 of my favourite movies ever...!
It can be a lowbudget film, but it has so many messages, and it has strong themes to deal with, and the way it was constructed makes it a real piece of art!
:drool: :up:

Also one of my favourite films of all time. Brilliant movie!!

I love all the references used in the Simpsons especially this one.

dufflessee0.jpg

i haven't seen the movie but i want to. i read the book, and it was disturbing, but i did really like it.

the only thing i didn't like was how this very weird 18 year old kid at work was the one who randomly lent it to me and insisted i read it (i didn't know what it was about). then he wanted to come to my house to pick it up when my parents didnt happen to be home. on second thought the whole thing was very strange and creepy. :huh:

but anyway hopefully i can pick up the movie soon.

One of my favourite movies, just awesome :up:. :drool:.

Malcolm McDowell should've been nominated for an Oscar :yes:.

trevster2k said:
Also one of my favourite films of all time. Brilliant movie!!

I love all the references used in the Simpsons especially this one.

dufflessee0.jpg

:up: Is that the same one as the halloween special, when bart dresses up as alex? I have to find a picture of that!

Canadiens1160 said:
One of the better film examples of 'what goes around comes around'.

Indeed , if i ever have kids this be the 1st film they see , never mind jungle book or toy story.

This film = the teachings of the world

Back
Top Bottom