A Celebration - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:55 AM
A Celebration

So we've talked about the Super Bowl leading up to it, during, and after. Now how about a celebration and a tribute to the World Champion Colts?! One of our members just told us he got to touch the trophy when it got back to Indianapolis! (tell us more please!)

Did anyone go or get to see it?

The team got a parade through the city and a rally at the RCA Dome!

CONGRATULATIONS COLTS!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Wow, it's great that you love the Colts so much, Kitty! Enjoy the celebration while you can. Make sure your quarterback doesn't go for a motorcycle ride in the offseason.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, I will! And no matter what happens now, they'll always have this. You guys have no idea how much it means to me after 30 years of suffering and frustration. I do hope they win more, but even if they don't, I am happy now. They did it! You know, after they almost made it in '95, I said if only they had won, just one, I'd put it in the basement and live off it for the rest of my days. Now I finally have something to put down there (and I have a basement now, too) This miserable person has something to be happy about
Old 02-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Hello....I've waited here for you, everlong...

Old 02-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:55 AM
some of my friends from school made it to the RCA Dome...lucky dogs... they cancelled school in celebration on Monday (well, the bus drivers were celebrating by not showing up, so they had no choice )

it's very uplifting to have your city's team win the Super Bowl! everyone is in a good mood, wearing Super Bowl XLI Champs shirts and such

it's snowing like mad in indy now...wonder if the team is still here or if they left to go on vacation?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
it's snowing like mad in indy now...wonder if the team is still here or if they left to go on vacation?
A good number of them are probably busy looking at other teams and big paychecks.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks for the report Atomic! Sounds cool! You are soooo lucky to be there! Don't forget to save all the Indy Stars papers! I'm going to send away for them!

Some of them are on their way to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii. Some of them who live out of town at least part of the year may have gone home, but I bet some are still around and still partying!

And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots. Well the Colts only have about six guys they have to worry about, and Freeney and June are the biggest names. I hope they'll stick around for more glory!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots. Well the Colts only have about six guys they have to worry about, and Freeney and June are the biggest names. I hope they'll stick around for more glory!
You see, it's when you make posts like this that people get on your case.

The Colts, if you haven't noticed, have TONS of free agents this year. Freeney and June are the big ones, but you also have Rhodes, Harper, the other starting cornerback, two starting guards, and quite a few more.

They'll franchise Freeney if they can't sign him, but they probably will lose June and a few others, if only because they only will be projected at $5 million under the cap, and Freeney himself will take up most of that. Then you've got the draft to deal with. They will have to even cut some people in order to sign all the rookies.

The Colts, out of all the playoff teams, are in the worst salary cap position. That's why it was so pivotal to win THIS year, because they are going to take a hit.

The Patriots aren't the only team that lose people each year, as you're about to find out. At least they keep on winning. Let's see how Indy does as they continue to lose more people...
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Blue Crack Supplier

Congrats. I can't relate to the feeling unfortunately.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Congrats. I can't relate to the feeling unfortunately.
I doubted if it would ever happen to me! I can Never give up, it will happen!

I just want to enjoy this moment! I do not care about next year or even next week. I wanted this so much, I am gonna savor this victory and have some fun!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin

Quote:

And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots.
That is a crappy comment. Every team has had players jump after a championship...in every league. Patriots have actually been skilled at dealing with that!

There is the salary cap issues Phanam described, and then there is the other side...the players.

NOW that they have a Super Bowl ring, it is time to cash in. I say if the "free market" allows them to get paid, go for it! This is a tough sport to play, and many suffer their whole life after playing. Go get paid!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

it'll suck to lose people...but it happens every year. at the start of the season I was all no edge but we did alright without him

I hope we don't lose Rhodes, but Addai has proven himself to be worthy, so worse things could happen.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Would you guys stop ruining the celebration thread? Take this stuff to another football thread (and I will answer there) please. This is a happy place. Zoney if you want to post why not tell us more about your airport story?
Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots. !
Everyone loves a gracious winner.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

I have also said that some Pats, like Brady, felt staying with a winning team was more important than money and he hasn't been greedy. (that is what I'd do) Edge wanted a few extra bucks (which to me would make no difference when you're already filthy rich) and now he doesn't get a ring. But again, this is a celebration thread and let's take the other crap to another thread thanks.