A Celebration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
So we've talked about the Super Bowl leading up to it, during, and after. Now how about a celebration and a tribute to the World Champion Colts?! One of our members just told us he got to touch the trophy when it got back to Indianapolis! (tell us more please!)

Did anyone go or get to see it?

The team got a parade through the city and a rally at the RCA Dome!

fullj.getty-73202795tk014_indycolts_10_16_21_pm.jpg

capt.nad12102060142.super_bowl_colts_parade_football_nad121.jpg

fullj.getty-73202795tk008_indycolts_10_25_28_pm.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS COLTS! :happy: :up: :yes: :bow:

Wow, it's great that you love the Colts so much, Kitty! Enjoy the celebration while you can. Make sure your quarterback doesn't go for a motorcycle ride in the offseason.

Yes, I will! And no matter what happens now, they'll always have this. You guys have no idea how much it means to me after 30 years of suffering and frustration. I do hope they win more, but even if they don't, I am happy now. They did it! You know, after they almost made it in '95, I said if only they had won, just one, I'd put it in the basement and live off it for the rest of my days. Now I finally have something to put down there (and I have a basement now, too) This miserable person has something to be happy about :happy:

bilde

bilde

bilde

bilde

Hello....I've waited here for you, everlong...

bilde

Last edited:
some of my friends from school made it to the RCA Dome...lucky dogs... they cancelled school in celebration on Monday :D (well, the bus drivers were celebrating by not showing up, so they had no choice :wink: )

it's very uplifting to have your city's team win the Super Bowl! everyone is in a good mood, wearing Super Bowl XLI Champs shirts and such :)

it's snowing like mad in indy now...wonder if the team is still here or if they left to go on vacation?

AtomicBono said:
it's snowing like mad in indy now...wonder if the team is still here or if they left to go on vacation?

A good number of them are probably busy looking at other teams and big paychecks.

Thanks for the report Atomic! Sounds cool! You are soooo lucky to be there! :up: Don't forget to save all the Indy Stars papers! I'm going to send away for them!

Some of them are on their way to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii. Some of them who live out of town at least part of the year may have gone home, but I bet some are still around and still partying!

And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots. Well the Colts only have about six guys they have to worry about, and Freeney and June are the biggest names. I hope they'll stick around for more glory!

U2Kitten said:
And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots. Well the Colts only have about six guys they have to worry about, and Freeney and June are the biggest names. I hope they'll stick around for more glory!

You see, it's when you make posts like this that people get on your case.

The Colts, if you haven't noticed, have TONS of free agents this year. Freeney and June are the big ones, but you also have Rhodes, Harper, the other starting cornerback, two starting guards, and quite a few more.

They'll franchise Freeney if they can't sign him, but they probably will lose June and a few others, if only because they only will be projected at $5 million under the cap, and Freeney himself will take up most of that. Then you've got the draft to deal with. They will have to even cut some people in order to sign all the rookies.

The Colts, out of all the playoff teams, are in the worst salary cap position. That's why it was so pivotal to win THIS year, because they are going to take a hit.

The Patriots aren't the only team that lose people each year, as you're about to find out. At least they keep on winning. Let's see how Indy does as they continue to lose more people...

phillyfan26 said:
Congrats. I can't relate to the feeling unfortunately.

I doubted if it would ever happen to me! I can Never give up, it will happen! :up:

I just want to enjoy this moment! I do not care about next year or even next week. I wanted this so much, I am gonna savor this victory and have some fun! :yes:

U2Kitten said:

And who would want to leave a great team for a few extra bucks? Oh yeah, a bunch of Patriots.

That is a crappy comment. Every team has had players jump after a championship...in every league. Patriots have actually been skilled at dealing with that!

There is the salary cap issues Phanam described, and then there is the other side...the players.

NOW that they have a Super Bowl ring, it is time to cash in. I say if the "free market" allows them to get paid, go for it! This is a tough sport to play, and many suffer their whole life after playing. Go get paid!

it'll suck to lose people...but it happens every year. at the start of the season I was all :( :( no edge but we did alright without him :wink:

I hope we don't lose Rhodes, but Addai has proven himself to be worthy, so worse things could happen.

Would you guys stop ruining the celebration thread? Take this stuff to another football thread (and I will answer there) please. This is a happy place. Zoney if you want to post why not tell us more about your airport story?

I have also said that some Pats, like Brady, felt staying with a winning team was more important than money and he hasn't been greedy. (that is what I'd do) Edge wanted a few extra bucks (which to me would make no difference when you're already filthy rich) and now he doesn't get a ring. But again, this is a celebration thread and let's take the other crap to another thread thanks.

Then perhaps your snide comment should have said, "who'd wany to leave a great team for a few bucks? Oh yeah, Edgerrin James" and people wouldn't have jumped on you.

Becasue in reality, only a few Pats have left strictly seeking "extra bucks" after winning...Ted Washington (not an integral piece), David Givens and the holdout/subsequent trade of Deion Branch, and of course, Adam Vinatieri.

Willie McGinest had restructured his contract several times to remain with the Pats, so his departure this year was almost a mutual decision.

Last edited:
Restructuring is always a great thing to do. Winners like Jerry Rice and Steve Young (and -ug- the Smellboy triplets) do that. I hope the Colts, and everyone, will do whatever they can to
keep their teams together.

Here's a list of Super Bowl records just because I feel like it. (in case anybody hasn't seen them all)

Super Bowl records of all NFL teams won lost total visits *

New England Patriots 3 2 5
New York Giants 2 1 3
New York Jets 1 0 1
Buffalo Bills 0 4 4
Philadelphia Eagles 0 2 2
Pittsburgh Steelers 5 1 6
Baltimore Ravens 1 0 1 *
Washington Redskins 3 2 5
Carolina Panthers 0 1 1
Atlanta Falcons 0 1 1
Miami Dolphins 2 2 4
Jacksonville Jaguars 0 0 0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 0 0
New Orleans Saints 0 0 0
Detroit Lions 0 0 0
Cleveland Browns 0 0 0 *
Cincinnati Bengals 0 2 2
Indianapolis Colts 2 1 3 **
Chicago Bears 1 1 2
Tennesseee Titans 0 1 1 ***
Dallas Cowboys 5 3 8
Houston Texans 0 0 0
Minnesota Vikings 0 4 4
Green Bay Packers 3 1 4
Denver Broncos 3 2 5
Kansas City Chiefs 1 1 2
St. Louis Rams 1 2 3 ****
Arizona Cardinals 0 0 0
San Francisco 49ers 5 0 5
Oakland Raiders 3 2 5 *****
San Diego Chargers 0 1 1
Seattle Seahawks 0 1 1

* The Baltimore Ravens franchise was moved from Cleveland and were the original Browns with the long history. The current Browns are a recent expansion team.

**The Indianapolis Colts won their first Super Bowl while in Baltimore and their new one in Indianapolis.

*** The Tennessee Titans are the former Houston Oilers.

****The St. Louis Rams went to their first Super Bowl as the LA Rams and lost. As St. Louis Rams they are 1-1.

*****The Raiders were the LA Raiders when they won SB XVIII. All the other wins and losses were as Oakland Raiders.

Football Super Bowl Winners
Year Winner Opponent
Score
XLI

Indianapolis Colts Chicago Bears
29-17

Miami, FL

XL

Pittsburgh Steelers Seattle Seahawks
21-10
Detroit, MI

XXXIX

New England Patriots Philadelphia Eagles
24-21
Jacksonville, FL

XXXVIII

New England Patriots Carolina Panthers
32-29
Houston, TX

XXXVII

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Oakland Raiders
48-21
San Diego, CA

XXXVI

New England Patriots St. Louis Rams
20-17

New Orleans, LA

XXXV

Baltimore Ravens New York Giants
34-7
Tampa, FL

XXXIV

St. Louis Rams Tennessee Titans
23-16
Atlanta, GA

XXXIII

Denver Broncos Atlanta Falcons
34-19
Miami, FL

XXXII

Denver Broncos Green Bay Packers
31-24
San Diego, CA

XXXI

Green Bay Packers New England Patriots
35-21
New Orleans, LA

XXX

Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Steelers
27-17
Tempe, AZ

XXIX

San Francisco 49ers San Diego Chargers
49-26
Miami, FL

XXVIII

Dallas Cowboys Buffalo Bills
30-13
Atlanta, GA

XXVII

Dallas Cowboys Buffalo Bills
52-17
Pasadena, CA

XXVI

Washington Redskins Buffalo Bills
37-24
Minneapolis, MN

XXV

New York Giants Buffalo Bills
20-19
Tampa, FL

XXIV

San Francisco 49ers Denver Broncos
55-10
New Orleans, LA

XXIII

San Francisco 49ers Cincinnati Bengals
20-16
Miami, FL

XXII

Washington Redskins Denver Broncos
42-10
San Diego, CA

XXI

New York Giants Denver Broncos
39-20
Pasadena, CA

XX

Chicago Bears New England Patriots
46-10
New Orleans, LA

XIX

San Francisco 49ers Miami Dolphins
38-16
Stanford, CA

XVIII

LA Raiders Washington Redskins
38-9
Tampa, FL

XVII

Washington Redskins Miami Dolphins
27-17
Pasadena, CA

XVI

San Francisco 49ers Cincinnati Bengals
26-21
Pontiac, MI

XV

Oakland Raiders Philadelphia Eagles
27-10
New Orleans, LA

XIV

Pittsburgh Steelers Los Angeles Rams
31-19
Pasadena, CA

XIII

Pittsburgh Steelers Dallas Cowboys
35-31
Miami, FL

XII

Dallas Cowboys Denver Broncos
27-10
New Orleans, LA

XI

Oakland Raiders Minnesota Vikings
32-14
Pasadena, CA

X

Pittsburgh Steelers Dallas Cowboys
21-17
Miami, FL

IX

Pittsburgh Steelers Minnesota Vikings
16-6
New Orleans, LA

VIII

Miami Dolphins Minnesota Vikings
24-7
Houston, TX

VII

Miami Dolphins Washington Redskins
14-7
Los Angeles, CA

VI

Dallas Cowboys Miami Dolphins
24-3
New Orleans, LA

V

Baltimore Colts Dallas Cowboys
16-13
Miami, FL

IV

Kansas City Chiefs Minnesota Vikings
23-7
New Orleans, LA

III

New York Jets Baltimore Colts
16-7
Miami, FL

II

Green Bay Packers Oakland Raiders
33-14
Miami, FL

I

Green Bay Packers Kansas City Chiefs
35-10
Los Angeles, CA

Last edited:
Cool. Maybe I can check peoples' bags for contraband?

Do you ever get to meet rock bands that way? And aren't you the guy who arranges the flights for the team or something?

Okay, I let this thread be a standalone one for people who want to celebrate the Colts' victory. If you guys want to get into other debates, this might as well just become a general NFL thread (meaning a merge). If you want this to stay a Colts victory thread, keep the posts that way.

Back
Top Bottom