a band that's without a doubt better than u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unosdostres14

Refugee
hahaha. just kidding. u2 is the best. I just wanted to get your attention so that you look in here :wink:

That being said, Something Corporate is a great band. They are the best writers of choruses. I hadn't listened to them in like a year and I popped in the CD and I still remembered every single word to every single chorus of "Leaving Through the Window". They have these beautifully simple piano solos, awesome guitar parts, and the lyrics seem so real. Best songs include Hurricane, 21 and Invincible, As You Sleep, I Want to Save You, Fall, I Woke Up in a Car, Punk Rock Princess, You're Gone, Me and the Moon, Space, Forget December, and Watch the Sky.

They are my second favorite band under u2. I think everyone should check them out, especially the songs I mentioned.

I won tickets and saw them last year. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

They're not bad at all. Not the greatest, but better than most of the shit that comes out. Andrew is a phenomenal pianist.

i saw em live twice. they put on a great show. at the end he just went crazy and was sitting/standinging/stomping on the piano while the band was still playing If U C Jordan. it was pretty great. haha :)

I don't like Something Corporate, but my friend bought me the single for 'Punk Rock Princess' and it has a b-side on it called 'Forget December' which I like alot.

beau2ifulday said:
I don't like Something Corporate, but my friend bought me the single for 'Punk Rock Princess' and it has a b-side on it called 'Forget December' which I like alot.

Yeah, Forget December is a lot better than Punk Rock Princess. The piano solo is cool.

if i'm in an emo mood, i don't mind something corporate

'konstantine' is epic and beautiful - their very best song by far

lmjhitman said:
if i'm in an emo mood, i don't mind something corporate

'konstantine' is epic and beautiful - their very best song by far

I can only listen to Konstantine if I'm in a very patient mood. haha....(It's a 9+ minute song with no real chorus)

Yeah Konstantine was amazing live. It's a great song.

these guys are great if you love cookie-cutter, whiney pop-punky emo stuff.

i prefer cookie-cutter, hard-hitting street punk, but that's just me. i think these guys suck.

unfortunatly i'm leaving in a couple minutes to get breakfast and then i'm going to try to get some sleep before class. no, i didn't go to sleep after i got back from work last night at midnight. nothing's changed - i haven't developed normal sleeping habits since the last time we talked.

:wave:

I know this is sort of an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I sort of like these guys. I've listened to them a lot lately because all my friends are really into them. This definitely is not the type of music I usually like, but they have some pretty catchy songs.

I saw something corporate a while ago, and i think the only good song (..the only song i really know) by them is konstantine. A bit depressing though.

Okay i didnt realise how old this thread was..nevermind!

i like the conversation i had with yertle.

and i still think this band sucks.

IWasBored said:
these guys are great if you love cookie-cutter, whiney pop-punky emo stuff.

i prefer cookie-cutter, hard-hitting street punk, but that's just me. i think these guys suck.

I love cookies :love:

Lowell, I'm quoting something from over a year ago.

partygirlvox said:
Okay i didnt realise how old this thread was..nevermind!
Better to bump this thread than to start a new one.

Back
Top Bottom