A&E's Airline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoney!

ONE love, blood, life
anybody watch this last night?

I liked it...it made the majority of the passengers look like complete fools. I will be watching this every monday night. :D

zoney! said:
anybody watch this last night?

I liked it...it made the majority of the passengers look like complete fools. I will be watching this every monday night. :D

You are vindicated for your mood swings; last nights show were #3 and #4...it started last Monday, 1/5/04 so I'm assuming you missed #1 and #2..

BAW and I will be exemplary passengers the next time we fly...how in the world do you do it???

ZONEY FOR AIRLINE EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR! :up:

Monday, A&E channel 10 p.m.

Last edited:
Hi maddie! :wave:

Yes, Mr. BAW....I missed the first week. not well informed. I feel as if I just walked up to a counter 20 minutes before a flight...and no one told I was supposed to be there one hour before.

My favorite story from last night...they guy in the wheelchair with a shotgun. When the airline checks to make sure your gun is not loaded, it isn't about terrorism. If the gun disharged in flight, it could create an explosion (potentially blowing up the aircraft) or puncturing the aircraft (inside to out).

Instead, he decided to make REALLY dumb comments on camera like "I am a former Air Force First Officer and I work for a Congressman. Why would I jeopardize my job with acts of terrorism? Do I look Arab?"

I guess making racist remarks on camera doesn't jeopardize employment.

zoney! said:
Instead, he decided to make REALLY dumb comments on camera like "I am a former Air Force First Officer and I work for a Congressman. Why would I jeopardize my job with acts of terrorism? Do I look Arab?"

omc...i haven't seen this, but i think i have to. It'll make me want to throw things at the tv, I'm sure, but sounds interesting...

It truly is a reality show. What I saw last night is common, everyday stuff. In fact, I just had a passenger yelling at me on the phone, telling me I have horrible customer service skills.

I have no clue what more I could have done for this woman. :( :crack:

zoney! said:

I work for a Congressman.

:lol:

Congressional employees are the LEAST stable people in the world!!

Is this based on the UK show "Airport" or whatever it's called? Where they go to different airports and just show employees and passengers?

Yes, the guy with the shotgun was a real winner but how about that angry woman who blamed Southwest because SHE arrived 20 minutes before her flight and it took 40 to get through security! HELLO????? Is there anyone on this planet who doesn't know you need to arrive 2 HOURS before your flight?

And did she think that Southwest should schedule another flight just for her because she was about to miss a day of work? Talk about deflecting responsiblity.

She had an incredibly ugly attitude :down:

zoney, I honestly don't know how you do it :hug:

omg...i was going to make an airline thread yesterday :ohmy:
once again, zoney and i have had the same thought :laugh:

i like the show too :up:

i've watched it since the premier. usually i hate reality shows and the like. this one seems different tho. perhaps i just feel a connection because my dad used to work for a major airline (not southwest tho). i can also relate to the employees. even tho i don't work for an airline, i do work in a highly customer service oriented job. i feel their pain.

the worst job anyone could ever have is to work in the lost luggage department for an airline :tsk:

zoney! said:

oh man, i wanted to punch that guy, seriously :mad:

Zoney, I thought of you as I watched this show last night :D

The manager lady (the blonde) or whatever deserves some kind of award or something for being able to keep her cool around all those irate passengers :eek:

oh ABEL

Bono's American Wife said:
And did she think that Southwest should schedule another flight just for her because she was about to miss a day of work? Talk about deflecting responsiblity.

She had an incredibly ugly attitude :down:

Yup. My second favorite segment from last night. Third being the guy who had his locks broken by TSA.

This an EVERYDAY occurence. I haven't been soing this that long, but I have learned to let the people yell at you for a few minutes, and then help them figure out the situation.

I explain to them that they are yelling at me, and blaming ME for what THEY did...miss their flight. I remind them that we had "x" number of passengers who DID show up on time, and are now on the plane.

Again, this is a DAILY occurence.

And I do not want to go down the whole luggage service office route.

Let me just say....I learned a lot last week about this industry...it is A LOT of torture for very little pay. And as many of you (vegas last March), the flight benefits aren't always as great as you think they might be.

Ok but why do they break open your suitcase, even if its not locked? I have to admit that's pretty fucked up.

Sicy said:
Ok but why do they break open your suitcase, even if its not locked? I have to admit that's pretty fucked up.

In the bigger airports, bags are randomly screened by TSA. If they are locked, and need to search it, they will break open the locks. They usually put it throught these HUGE scanners...but if they see something suspicious...or an alarm is set off, they need to get in it and check it out.

At my airport, every bag is checked by being "Swabbed" in front of the passenger. The swab is then put into a device that detects explosives. If the alarm goes off, they "dump search" the bag (go through it by hand). We had a university wrestling team travel through the other day...they use some weird substances. ALL of their bags set the alarm off.

Another thing...if you need to sit on your bag to get it shut...there is a good chance it may pop open with very a very little bump. repetively lifting 50-70 pound bags (clearly looked like his bag could have EASILY been that heavy) is quite a bit of wear and tear on your body. Occasionally, you drop a bag. if it is overpacked..it may burst ALL OVER.

And do not buy designer luggage (gucci, YSL, etc. etc.). It looks damn nice, but gets beat around by all the crap bags people have. I tried to explain this to one of those "TV judges" that got off our plane all pissed once.

OK, enough about me. Let's talk about you. :D

I like this show. I think anyone who works in the service industry can understand to an extent the agony of dealing with annoying customers and stressful situations. this show has proven to me that I have no f'ing to ever work for an airline. i would be fired after the first customer blamed me for her missing her flight.

Back
Top Bottom