A&E's Airline - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2004, 05:05 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:52 AM
oh ABEL

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
And did she think that Southwest should schedule another flight just for her because she was about to miss a day of work? Talk about deflecting responsiblity.

She had an incredibly ugly attitude
Yup. My second favorite segment from last night. Third being the guy who had his locks broken by TSA.

This an EVERYDAY occurence. I haven't been soing this that long, but I have learned to let the people yell at you for a few minutes, and then help them figure out the situation.

I explain to them that they are yelling at me, and blaming ME for what THEY did...miss their flight. I remind them that we had "x" number of passengers who DID show up on time, and are now on the plane.

Again, this is a DAILY occurence.

And I do not want to go down the whole luggage service office route.

Let me just say....I learned a lot last week about this industry...it is A LOT of torture for very little pay. And as many of you (vegas last March), the flight benefits aren't always as great as you think they might be.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:55 PM   #17
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:52 AM
Ok but why do they break open your suitcase, even if its not locked? I have to admit that's pretty fucked up.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:11 PM   #18
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

maybe it was stuck?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Ok but why do they break open your suitcase, even if its not locked? I have to admit that's pretty fucked up.
In the bigger airports, bags are randomly screened by TSA. If they are locked, and need to search it, they will break open the locks. They usually put it throught these HUGE scanners...but if they see something suspicious...or an alarm is set off, they need to get in it and check it out.

At my airport, every bag is checked by being "Swabbed" in front of the passenger. The swab is then put into a device that detects explosives. If the alarm goes off, they "dump search" the bag (go through it by hand). We had a university wrestling team travel through the other day...they use some weird substances. ALL of their bags set the alarm off.

Another thing...if you need to sit on your bag to get it shut...there is a good chance it may pop open with very a very little bump. repetively lifting 50-70 pound bags (clearly looked like his bag could have EASILY been that heavy) is quite a bit of wear and tear on your body. Occasionally, you drop a bag. if it is overpacked..it may burst ALL OVER.

And do not buy designer luggage (gucci, YSL, etc. etc.). It looks damn nice, but gets beat around by all the crap bags people have. I tried to explain this to one of those "TV judges" that got off our plane all pissed once.

OK, enough about me. Let's talk about you.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #20
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:52 AM
:airlinenerd:
Old 01-13-2004, 08:02 PM   #21
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

you should see some of the customers i have to deal with
Old 01-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 10:52 AM
I like this show. I think anyone who works in the service industry can understand to an extent the agony of dealing with annoying customers and stressful situations. this show has proven to me that I have no f'ing to ever work for an airline. i would be fired after the first customer blamed me for her missing her flight.