A&E--Paul McCartney special, Moscow, Russia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
so it's 9 pm in the eastern time zone. on whatever channel A&E is.

so for you EST people...

..that means NOW!

er....

check your tv listings. i forgot to say that before and the edit screen takes longer to load than a new post :reject:

I saw it! The concert footage was great - Sir Paul and his band rocked, and the crowd was so into it! At first I was annoyed that there was so much non-concert stuff (all the interviews with Russian sociologists and musicians claiming the Beatles were somehow a major factor in bringing about the fall of communism in the Soviet Union had me :rolleyes: a little), but Paul visiting that music school and the orphanage really moved me - I'm such a sap!

it was cool. but i agree about some of the sociologists'. although i can kind of see how there is some truth in it after studying russian history and culture for a few years.

it was interesting hearing sir paul's butchering of a few russian words. i guess he did ok :wink:

Do you speak any Russian, IWB? I always thought it would be cool to know how to speak it - my high school even offered it, which was rare for a high school in Iowa, but I didn't take it because my schedule was too full already.

yeah i do speak some russian, i took it for all 4 years of high school. actually at the moment of typing this i'm killing time on the way to russian class at a certain college in the area.

it's cool. you should have taken it, it's pretty rare for any kind of public school to offer it (i don't know if you went to a public or private school. i'm just saying..).

Back
Top Bottom