( )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They freak my cousin out. I show him the little alien/angel thing from the first album, then play it, and he gets the willies. I like them, but I can't say I listen to them every day.

UnforgettableLemon said:
They freak my cousin out. I show him the little alien/angel thing from the first album, then play it, and he gets the willies. I like them, but I can't say I listen to them every day.

That's their second album.

Martha, have you heard Agaetis Byrjun? I think that's probably a much better choice for a 'first' album by them. Regardless, I think () is a fantastic album. Try to just focus on () #1, #4, and #8 right of the bat. They seem to unanimously be the fan favorites from the album (and they're definitely my favorites as well) Dont worry if it takes a while to get used to the Sigur, that's fairly normal I think.

()#1 is easily one of my favorite Sigur Ros songs, it's so beautiful and sad. Amazing music.

sigur and ros make good music for the ears.

agree with mofo, aside from 1,4,8 the rest of () is trash. absolutely boring. melon will disagree with me on this.

ab is definitely a much better album in terms of accessability.

Because that would be wrong. :sexywink:

Not to mention I don't have any p2p programs on my computer anymore. I've boinked my POS computer up enough in the past, just wiped it a few weeks ago, don't want to do it again.

I was all gushy over the ros for a long while.

yes AB is far superior...but I have come to realize one thing

sigur ros are very over-rated
someone had to break the news
darn.gif

Basstrap said:
I was all gushy over the ros for a long while.

yes AB is far superior...but I have come to realize one thing

sigur ros are very over-rated
someone had to break the news
darn.gif

Propaganda my dear lad, if youve seen them live they are not overrated at all, just brilliant.

I guess, instead of getting better with age all this post rock stuff has just become boring and stale

() more so than AB, which was certainly brilliant in its 'innovativeness'

I'd love to see them live, though....I bet it would be a pretty nice experience

( ) is the most haunting, poingnant and beautiful piece of music I´ve ever heard :heart: and it touch me more than Ágætis Byrjun does

Glad to see this thread resurrected.

I :heart: every bit of this record.

My personal favorite songs of Sigur Ros are Vidrar vel Til Loftárása from Agaetis Byrjun and Untitled 1 from ( ) :heart:

DaveC said:
Svefn-g-Englar is just about the best song you can listen to on a shroom trip.

:shifty:

The last time, I listened to #1 Zero by Audioslave and it was perfect.

I'll have to give the Ros a try. :hmm:

Agaetis Byrjun is one of my favourite albums ever, :drool: (and I love the cover art too). Some songs still send shivers down my spine.

( ), however, I sold back to the second-hand shop after I listened to it at least six or seven times and not a single note from it remained imprinted in my brain. Hopefully the new album is nothing like it.

Saracene, Takk isn't very much like ( ). It's much, much more accessable. That's not saying it's bad. Glosoli and Gong are now two of my favorite SR tracks.

But I still consider ( ) my favorite.

( )
AB
Takk
Von

in that order

I haven't really gotten into Takk yet. It strikes me after a few listens as being kind of boring actually as compared with the gorgeous AB. I need to give it a few more listens, though. :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom