'90's bands that just sound dated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Smash Mouth.

I win.

hahaha, yes, you do.

interdomine, i swear sometimes you must either be the FOL web designer or ed kowalczyk himself. that's not to be taken too seriously because it's coming from someone who didn't buy a live record until the distance to here, thought V was awesome, secret samadhi was their best work, and gets seething mad when someone says they only know "lightning crashes". i'm looking forward to the new album, it can't be worse than birds of pray.

Korn, Linkin Park etc. were all outdated from the start if you ask me. What was new with those bands? The guitar?

Blur and Oasis were outdated from the start. Anything new that those bands did? The cursing, britstyle? Nope. Their beats? Nope. Their songs? Nope. Before those of you who are superfans of those bands curse me - I know it must have been great (?) to grow up with these bands, to me they always sounded like a pale Britpop act, been there done that, get me Johnny Rotten back!

I hate the Babyshambles. Dated too. That Doherty prick, he deserves to end in the gutter.

IWasBored said:

interdomine, i swear sometimes you must either be the FOL web designer or ed kowalczyk himself. that's not to be taken too seriously because it's coming from someone who didn't buy a live record until the distance to here, thought V was awesome, secret samadhi was their best work, and gets seething mad when someone says they only know "lightning crashes". i'm looking forward to the new album, it can't be worse than birds of pray.

Birds of Pray was actually pretty good. Very commercial, but there are some terrific songs that translate brilliantly live. Sweet Release and Lighthouse especially. New album needs to be different however....otherwise they may as well throw in the towel.

Me? Ed Kowalczyk? If only I was, because then I would have the most awesome voice rather than this limited Noel Gallagher singing voice.

And to all the Oasis knockers....they effing rule!

Well, it's more that Oasis sounded really great back then because they (and other brit-pop, post-madchester bands) marked the next direction in music after the spiralling depression of grunge. But on reflection, the music just doesn't sound good anymore. I think it was more that people wanted to listen to anything but a grunge band in 1994.

This is just what I think, though - and I'm sure many will disagree.
;)

I still think Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory still sound great, although the less said about Be Here Now the better.

Layton said:
I just got another great idea from the 'intellectual' thread,,

Live:

They now sound like the most overwrought band of all time. Of course, they always did, but time has most certainly relegated them to being a '90's relic.

Back
Top Bottom