86 Reasons To Hate The Boston Red Sox - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:36 AM
I really don't care who dislikes the Red Sox and I understand why they would

I just think it's petty on the writer's part, I don't care what he thinks either though

I wonder if Yankee fans can understand why people hate the Yankees

Old 04-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

i can tell you that new yorkers as a whole understand that a lot of people from out of town, while they may like the city, don't neccesarily like the people who live here.

we kinda like it. adds to our already overblown egos.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:36 AM
Almost all Yankee fans know damn well that the team is disliked. Most of us even understand why. But every single one of us simply does not care. Hate away. A lot of people hate the Sox, too, and more now than ever. Especially when Werner or Lucchinio whine about deep Yankee pockets, while they themselves have the 2nd highest payroll in baseball.

I like when the Sox are good, though, the Yankee/Sox rivalry is fun for me, and is good for baseball...at least the business end of baseball.

0- Top 3rd, Jaret Wright is my least-favorite Yankee of all-time, but I have to root for the bastard. Sigh. Schilling looks pretty good so far.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Curt rocks, he's a sexy man seriously, I do think so

He's doing very well, may he continue. I hope he strikes ARod out over and over and over++++++++++++
Old 04-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

I got this in an e-mail

A Red Sox fan used to amuse himself by scaring every Yankee fan he saw strutting down the street in the obnoxious NY pinstripe shirt. He would swerve his van as if to hit them, and swerve back just missing them.
One day, while driving along, he saw a priest. He thought he would do a good deed, so he pulled over and asked the priest, "Where are you going Father?"

"I'm going to give mass at St. Francis church, about 2 miles down the road" replied the priest.

"Climb in, Father! I'll give you a lift!"

The priest climbed into the passenger seat, and they continued down the road.

Suddenly, the driver saw a Yankee fan walking down the road, and he
instinctively swerved as if to hit him. But, as usual, he swerved back
into the road just in time.

Even though he was certain that he had missed the guy, he still heard a loud "THUD".

Not understanding where the noise came from, he glanced in his mirrors but still didn't see anything. He then remembered the priest, and he turned to the priest and said, "Sorry Father, I almost hit that Yankee fan."

"That's OK," replied the priest, "I got him with the door"
Old 04-14-2005, 07:41 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
(in a baseball sense... i don't really hate you people personally... except for hewson)
Sounds like a personal attack...I'm gonna have to report you...to Jick.

Schoenfield should just go sit in the rubble that was once the Kingdome and cry about the sad state of Seattle baseball, and sports in general (The Sonics will be a first round upset victim).

Maybe he should set foot in Fenway before he comments about the lack of respect for Dewey Evans...on that point he has no clue, he is way off base.

And its funny that he had to use Fever Pitch 77 times to fill out his 86 items, not clever enough to come up with 86 actual items.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:08 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Sounds like a personal attack...I'm gonna have to report you...to Jick.
Alas, he's been suspended.

Cheers,

H

Old 04-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Hey ARod supposedly saved a kid from an oncoming car in Boston. Who knew he had such quick reflexes?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:36 AM
As a Jays fan, I hate the Sox and Yankees on sheer principle *snerk* But it's nothing compared to my dislike/hate for the Tigers... *mutters about 84 and various other years*

Won't stop me from ever seeing a game at Fenway Park though (Tiger Stadium ROCKED, I miss it *sigh* And they were always nice to Jays fans), or Yankee Stadium for that matter - grant you, I'd be cheering AGAINST the Sox/Yankees if that ever happens

Old 04-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Drea
As a Jays fan, I hate the Sox and Yankees on sheer principle *snerk* But it's nothing compared to my dislike/hate for the Tigers... *mutters about 84 and various other years*
Well, in 1984, the Tigers were invincible. 35-5 coming out of the gate.

1987, I can understand. Jays up by 2 games, season-ending series with Detroit...

Quote:

Won't stop me from ever seeing a game at Fenway Park though (Tiger Stadium ROCKED, I miss it *sigh* And they were always nice to Jays fans), or Yankee Stadium for that matter - grant you, I'd be cheering AGAINST the Sox/Yankees if that ever happens
I wonder if you ever had an "obstructed view seat" at Tiger Stadium.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:38 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Hey ARod supposedly saved a kid from an oncoming car in Boston. Who knew he had such quick reflexes?
Oh great. This completely messes up my entire life's philosophy and worldview.

And one more thing...Gary Sheffield, get the ball into the infield *first*, then you can go and beat the crap out of the fan who slapped you if you so desire. Do you realize you could have given Jason Varitek an inside-the-park home run?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea

87' was the worse year for Tigers/Jays. Seven games left, and the Jays only need one victory to clinch and got swept by the Tigers in season ending series. That took a long time for the Jays to get over.

OK, back to your Red Sox bashing. BTW, it was not Buckner's fault in '86, he should never have been on the bag in the first place, bad managing by McNamara.

Carry on.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

classy
Old 04-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

sheffield should be fined and get a game or two suspension, the a-hole who decided it would be a good idea to smack him in the face should be arrested and banned fron fenway park. the security guard who jumped in right away should get a promotion and a raise.

i'm so sick of this childish bullshit that goes on at these games. i really hope both of these teams suck and miss the playoffs so that we can stop giving a shit about this bullcrap.

theo epstein should show some nuts and make a stand. when the fans in yankee stadium's bleacher seats started getting too crazy a few years back, they bannned alcohol sales in that particular section. fenway should do the same in that area near pesky's pole. it's too damn close to the players. all we need is some asshole who's had one too many cocktails to take a swing at a player and cause a riot.

if sheffield didn't show restraint and had gone into the crowd, it would have made the ron artest incident look like nothing.

there is genuine hatred from a lot of the fans in this stupid rivalry, and it's sad and pathetic.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:04 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Well, in 1984, the Tigers were invincible. 35-5 coming out of the gate.

1987, I can understand. Jays up by 2 games, season-ending series with Detroit...
Try having a Tigers fan for a next door neighbour in 84, especially babysitting for said neighbour, and you'll know why I'm bitter about that year

Let's not even talk about 87...

Quote:
I wonder if you ever had an "obstructed view seat" at Tiger Stadium.
No I didn't - but that's because Dad was the one taking me (Mom would've freaked had I gone to Detroit by myself )