80's Lyrics Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten said:
That happened to me with "I cannot----- I cannot----" I was like, WTF? When I saw it was supposed to be Metallica "One" I was :banghead: I also left the I out of Jessie in Jessie's girl because I thought if it had an I it was the girl way.

The "Jessie" one I knew only because I'd seen the title on this tape of 80s tunes that my sister and I listened to all the time when I was little.

Had I not seen how the name was spelled, chances are I might've gotten that one wrong, too.

And the Metallica one...it was songs like that where I knew what song it was, but I either couldn't think of the words right then, or I could never understand what they'd been saying at that part to begin with.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
Nothing wrong with that! So was I and I think it's a good education. You learn a lot of songs and pop culture that way.

Very true.

Watched a lot of music infomercials, had a lot of tapes with those songs on them, listened to the radio, listened to my parents' records, etc.

I think it's good to keep up on music history.

Did you watch MTV back then too? I've heard some people born in the 80's say they stared at it for hours as little kids.

:yes:. Ohhhh, yeah. That channel was on all the time in our house (one reason why I remembered the "Sledgehammer" lyrics-I definitely remember seeing that video on that channel constantly when I was little). That channel used to be so cool...

Yeah! One of them was kind of sarcastic, the one about being self righteous or something. But then there was another comment that sounded like the person liked Bono. It's cool there were 3 U2 songs on there, ISHFWILF, Pride, and SBS.

Yep. :).

Angela

That's what it was with some of them, I know the song and the words, I just didn't recognize it as being 'that' song at the right time :huh:

Yes it's always good to be up on music history, and raised on rock and roll! :up:

I took it again and got 118. I keep missing the Devil Inside one even though I shouldn't, I know the words and there should be two right answers. Anyway, very fun, although it's incredibly easy to get all those songs stuck in your head after taking the quiz.

And major points to whoever it was that guessed Khanada would get the highest score.

165???!! Khanada, did you retake it and edit your post with the new score? I'm sorry but I could swear on my life I saw you post a 130 and I knew I had a 142 so that's why I thought I was the highest. Now I see Seabird got higher anyway. It doesn't matter, I mean I'm not whining or fighting over it or anything, it just bugged me because I feel like I'm cracking up:huh: :crazy:

arw9797 said:
I did so bad! My score was way too low for me to post. I'm in shock. :reject:

Join the club! :lmao:

Final Score : 23 points

80s2.jpg

I got 42%. I'm before Just Say No

I knew some of the songs but I couldn't think of the words, like "you were born in the city (concrete) under your feet". Gah!

originally posted by IWasBored
get out yer copy of the joshua tree and listen to it

i spelled crawled wrong

That's what I did! And then I went back and I changed it :shifty: I was too embarrassed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom