8 Mile-Did Anyone See It? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2002, 08:55 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:13 PM

Eminem is an amazing artist...

his videos craic me up with laughter, esp 'I Just Dont Give A Fuk' (something like that, blarg! Its black and white and features a clown)

damn tat videos funny! Esp when he is in the shoppin cart and it falls over........u would not believe how much I laugh my a*se off!

Id like to see 8Mile........I heard he was very good too, very toned down...........and at the premiere, he was WELL toned down!

I heard Christina Auguleira (whateva ) said at the premiere she too now wants to try a hand at acting!

still might have to wait for 8 mile on vid.............but yes, its one I DO want to see.............

Old 11-11-2002, 09:38 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:13 AM
Re: 8 Mile-Did Anyone See It?

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina Marie
I admit, I'm curious about it...
Me too.

Old 11-11-2002, 11:47 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:13 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
well, from what ive heard is that the plot is awful, though em's performance is fine.
That's pretty much what I think.. Eminem is a good actor, and the movie was good in some places, but what I keep asking myself is, what is even the point of that movie? It just felt like there was no purpose to it at all. Too bad, because I was really hoping it would be good.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:04 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 12:13 PM
Eminem is an enormous, talentless, offensive and ridiculous prat who needs a good slapping. I hate his music, I hate his lyrics, and I hate the fact that he's getting good reviews and praise for this movie and his acting, when all he's doing is acting as himself.

Ant.
Gas smells awful; You might as well live.

Dorothy Parker, 'Resumé'
Old 11-11-2002, 04:19 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

i wasn't too sure about it at first, but now i want to see this movie.

interesting, i thought Christina hated Eminem...sorry, i find it funny that she was at the premiere.
Old 11-11-2002, 06:35 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 12:13 PM
Thanks Anothony.... haha

Eminem RULES. 54 m bucks. Talented as a musician, talented as a actor.
Old 11-11-2002, 07:28 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i wasn't too sure about it at first, but now i want to see this movie.

interesting, i thought Christina hated Eminem...sorry, i find it funny that she was at the premiere.
Yeah, now that you mention it, that IS strange -- Eminem slandered her in a song or video, didn't he? Very odd. I am pretty sure I remember seeing an interview with her saying she couldn't understand why he hated her.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:27 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elevatedmole

Yeah, now that you mention it, that IS strange -- Eminem slandered her in a song or video, didn't he? Very odd. I am pretty sure I remember seeing an interview with her saying she couldn't understand why he hated her.

Not that I am happy about knowing this, but supposedly Christina and Em "patched things up" backstage at the VMA's after she presented an award to him. Evidently they get along fine now. What's even more interesting are all the reports that he is actually a "real sweetie/nice guy" in his personal life when he is just Marshall and not in the Eminem character.

I believe him to be intelligent and talented. I loved 8 Mile, and I own and like his new CD.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:47 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
Eminem is an enormous, talentless, offensive and ridiculous prat who needs a good slapping. I hate his music, I hate his lyrics, and I hate the fact that he's getting good reviews and praise for this movie and his acting, when all he's doing is acting as himself.
I totally agree with you.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:15 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:13 AM

This movie=HIP-HOP-FLOP

thank u
DB9
Old 11-12-2002, 11:29 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I thought the movie was wonderful. Curtis Hanson filmed the characters without judgement, and with respect. I greatly enjoyed the peak into people's lives that I don't see very often, and enjoyed the portrayal that not all of them are just rapping punks. They have brains, talent, drive and willpower - it's just that they were born to life in hard streets and they are doing their best to rise up out of it all.

I wouldn't recommend it necessarily because the subject matter wouldn't appeal to everyone. Eminem's performance was very skilled and vulnerable. I would be surprised if this movie didn't rack up nominations. It's a movie that finally sheds a loving and truthful light on the rap game and doesn't provide easy answers. I really liked it. The battle scenes at the end are hilarious and brilliant.
I agree more or less with this review. His angry little boy schtick wears thin after awhile, yet it's authentic (I think). I saw it with a friend in an Hispanic neighborhood and me, my friend and local celeb Shirley MacClaine were the only white people (and the only people over 30) there, lol. I enjoyed it although I thought the whole movie was leading up to a performance of the single from the movie (I assumed the video was taken from the film) and was disappointed that you only hear that song when the credits roll. (I hope that wasn't a spoiler for anybody.)

Anyway, I also agree with deep...he ain't going nowhere (unless somebody shoots him). And I also agree with Anthony that he needs a good slapping. But I do think he is hugely talented, kinda like the male Madonna of the rap community (i.e., genuine artist pushing the envelope, not some overnight sensation who will disappear anytime soon.) I have no intentions of buying a record, though, until he outgrows his angry bad boy boring thing and starts writing songs that don't rely on making fun of other people in order to elevate himself.
Old 11-12-2002, 01:38 PM   #27
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
i must say his latest single is his best piece of work to date...not only is it NOT negative, its positive! now theres a concept!
I agree. I have been an Eminem hater because he is just too negative and hateful for me, but his last one, I actually found myself listening and liking it!
Old 11-12-2002, 03:56 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

what the noodle said. i dug it.
Old 11-12-2002, 09:48 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

Quote: