8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sooooo someone tell me how the remasters are. the "new" unheard songs...are they good?

and boy comes with a tshirt? will my amazon deluxe version come with a tshirt?

sooooo someone tell me how the remasters are. the "new" unheard songs...are they good?

and boy comes with a tshirt? will my amazon deluxe version come with a tshirt?

I haven't heard a note. Still debating whether I will order them from Amazon - phanan's positive review makes me feel inclined to do so. They're far too expensive in Australia. Over $150 to get all three. I get more by ordering from Amazon and even with postage, I doubt it will cost even $100.

no, i have no idea where crap is. but i rode an albanian train! i have tons of train pictures from the station and a few from inside, plus in podgorica right after the last time i was online, i wandered around their train station (montenegro) and got you some pictures.

no, i have no idea where crap is. but i rode an albanian train! i have tons of train pictures from the station and a few from inside, plus in podgorica right after the last time i was online, i wandered around their train station (montenegro) and got you some pictures.

Oooh thank you! I am so jealous. What was the Albanian train like?

Oh, Vazza, have you been to Bar yet? I'm wondering who'll be the first person to hit a Superthread location simply because it's a Superthread location. I can go to this thread's location very easily ... and combine it with a trip railfanning, since it's near a railway station.

Oh, Vazza, have you been to Bar yet? I'm wondering who'll be the first person to hit a Superthread location simply because it's a Superthread location. I can go to this thread's location very easily ... and combine it with a trip railfanning, since it's near a railway station.
i was in bar...3 days ago? monday. 2 days ago. it's a crowded not very nice town, i decided it wasn't worth exploring, but i sat on a bus there in traffic for upwards of half an hour.

i was in bar...3 days ago? monday. 2 days ago. it's a crowded not very nice town, i decided it wasn't worth exploring, but i sat on a bus there in traffic for upwards of half an hour.

Ha, sounds riveting ...

Oooh thank you! I am so jealous. What was the Albanian train like?

it was slow, for starters. the bus from durres-tirana is 40 minutes including traffic. the train was like 70 or 75 though it is scheduled to be 1 hour. all the windows were shattered, i assume from people throwing rocks. i sat in the very front which porbably was a mistake cause several windows were open and it was really loud when the engine blew its whistle, which was frequently, i dunno why. we went through a tunnel and it stank. but there was much more space on the train than on the really really overcrowded buses that have zero legroom. i definitely agree with the guidebook that says don't take the train for any journey other than tirana-durres. it is cheaper, though.

i also took 2 videos in motion from the station, or 3, i forget. but they might be the first thing to get deleted if i'm low on space.

Are any of the towns/places we go to in these superthreads genuinely worth visiting? Even GG thought Dildo was a disappointment.

it was slow, for starters. the bus from durres-tirana is 40 minutes including traffic. the train was like 70 or 75 though it is scheduled to be 1 hour. all the windows were shattered, i assume from people throwing rocks. i sat in the very front which porbably was a mistake cause several windows were open and it was really loud when the engine blew its whistle, which was frequently, i dunno why. we went through a tunnel and it stank. but there was much more space on the train than on the really really overcrowded buses that have zero legroom. i definitely agree with the guidebook that says don't take the train for any journey other than tirana-durres. it is cheaper, though.

i also took 2 videos in motion from the station, or 3, i forget. but they might be the first thing to get deleted if i'm low on space.

Hah, somehow I am not surprised. Sounds like quite the experience, though I'm not entirely sure it's quite the experience I'd seek from a train myself, heh. I definitely will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Are any of the towns/places we go to in these superthreads genuinely worth visiting? Even GG thought Dildo was a disappointment.

Well, I'll try to pop down to Hiscock Road in the next couple of weeks and see what that part of Melbourne is like ...

was my advice useful? porbably not. but email me the details! i want juicey gossip.

Not much to share, unfortunately. Learning how to drive, finally (got the permit yesterday), but that's about it. Don't worry, your advice still has a chance to come in handy. :sexywink:

Hah, somehow I am not surprised. Sounds like quite the experience, though I'm not entirely sure it's quite the experience I'd seek from a train myself, heh. I definitely will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.
i'll be taking some overnight trains, minimum i'll be doing varna (bulgaria) to bucharest and bucharest to belgrade. i may also book 2 nights in a row to go round trip from bucharest to chisenau, the moldovan capital, just to see moldova, but i'm wary especially of doing that alone, so we'll see.

Not much to share, unfortunately. Learning how to drive, finally (got the permit yesterday), but that's about it. Don't worry, your advice still has a chance to come in handy. :sexywink:
well, good luck, and remember, if any gets in her eye, she has every right to spit the rest in your face, knee you in the balls, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom