8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I've been drawing as long as I can remember. Actually, I was drawing before I can even remember. I apparently drew a baby girl hatching out of an egg on my mother's bedroom wall when I was a toddler, but I have no memory of it (and I'm amazed that at that young, I understood the concept of birth, sort of)

When I went for the first time, the show was actually running late, and in order to speed things up, they just picked one guy to represent all the virgins, and did the treatment to him. So I lucked out.

Of course, you could also either pretend you're not a virgin, or go there with friends who haven't seen it either, so at least you won't be alone.

That is lucky. I've seen the movie a few times, just not live. Would that help me get through it? Apart from having to have sex?

Glyenhaal = appalling in this film. That or just overshadowed by everyone else.

In fact, I'm glad the character got killed off. She was just there as a token effort to having a female lead in both films, IMO.

Yeah, at least she was better than Katie Holmes, which isn't saying too much. As soon as they introduced her as Dent's new squeeze, I knew she'd get killed off and I was happy, now they can introduce a better female part, like Selina Kyle perhaps... played by Rachel McAwesome.

I feel so lazy ... Its fun being able to do stuff with my friends all the time but like Idk Im getting bored... and I really need money.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm kind of worried that I've gotten used to this laziness. :uhoh:

Ah well, should get sharply snapped out of it next week. :up:

Yeah, at least she was better than Katie Holmes, which isn't saying too much. As soon as they introduced her as Dent's new squeeze, I knew she'd get killed off and I was happy, now they can introduce a better female part, like Selina Kyle perhaps... played by Rachel McAwesome.

Selina Kyle would be good. As long as it's nothing like Halle Berry's portrayal :yuck:

In fact, I'd like to see what Nolan could do with Catwoman.

Haha, cool. Apparently I was a very good drawer when I was little. My earliest school report cards all mention that I'm a great artist. But it wasn't really properly encouraged and by the time I was 10, I was drawing exactly how I was when I was 6, and by that point my skills had fallen behind the pack. Ah well. I took to writing instead. And, it seems, postwhoring. :wink:
The stupid thing is that when I was a kid, I thought that in order to be an artist, you had to be a painter. But I sucked so hard at the medium. I wasted so much time trying fruitlessly to paint, but I could never get the paint to do what I want, and it all just went gloppy.

We wouldn't be having this conversation right now had you not been oversensitive to the opinions of others to begin with.

But hey, I guess discussing the finer points of nothing like they do in the Bar is considerably more enjoyable than Batman.
Oh my god. Can we let it go? Whether Axver was right or wrong, what is the point of pressing it?

I can certainly see where he was coming from though. I was sick of the TDK talk to. I couldn't follow it, and I couldn't join in, and posts I made during the discussion were ignored by everyone busy talking about Batman.

There's nothing wrong with people going on and on about one thing, but it can certainly be frustrating and annoying to those not interested in said subject.

But what's worse is this pointless arguing.

Remember that time we had a thread in EYKIW about whether or not we should be arguing about whether or not we should be arguing about whether Eric Clapton is relevant? DUMBEST THREAD EVER. I fucking hate pointless arguments :scream:

You haven't lived until you've been to a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nothing like getting pelted with rice, water, confetti, toilet paper, toast, and playing cards during a movie. Not to mention doing the Time Warp in a packed theater.

Also:

boner_2.gif

:wave: hey all

An old girlfriend took me to this the first time many years ago when it used to play in Hollywood and I thought it was one of the funniest things I ever saw. People dressed in character, screaming at the movie, making hysterical jokes before the lines were said :laugh: Throwing stuff. it was a great time. I don't remember any 'virgin' treatment. Everyone just seemed to be into the movie. I don't know who cleaned up afterwards though :D

Oh, and Ax - I have absolutely no interest in seeing Dark Knight either. I will if a friend asks me to come along, but I just don't think I'll enjoy it that much. And although Ledger's performance is getting rave reviews, I've also heard some criticisms of it that seem rather justified as far as I can tell. Plus fuck superhero movies.

That is lucky. I've seen the movie a few times, just not live. Would that help me get through it? Apart from having to have sex?
Yeah, having seen the movie before always helps. But you're still a virgin until you see it in a theatrical midnight showing. If you go, it's best to look over some audience participation scripts first, and try to memorize some of the callbacks and stuff, that way you won't feel left out.

Oh, and Ax - I have absolutely no interest in seeing Dark Knight either. I will if a friend asks me to come along, but I just don't think I'll enjoy it that much. And although Ledger's performance is getting rave reviews, I've also heard some criticisms of it that seem rather justified as far as I can tell. Plus fuck superhero movies.

Heh, glad to know I'm not a heretic to everyone here then.

I still haven't been to a single movie this year, unless you count U2 3D.

Heh, glad to know I'm not a heretic to everyone here then.

I still haven't been to a single movie this year, unless you count U2 3D.

Oh, you can always count on me. More on this later, by the way (re: MBV).

Can't remember if I have, too. Didn't go to U2 3D, couldn't care less actually. I don't really like going to cinemas, nor has any mainstream movie been of interest to me this year.

I haven't seen TDK yet either. I don't go to the movies much anymore. I find much of it very cliched and over-rated. And the more I hear about a movie, the more inclined I am to skip it. Wait for it to show up on cable :shrug:

I do like the indie type films more than the blockbusters.

I like watching the oldies on Turner Classic Channel :)

Can't remember if I have, too. Didn't go to U2 3D, couldn't care less actually. I don't really like going to cinemas, nor has any mainstream movie been of interest to me this year.

I didn't see U23D either. Traveling 3 hours to pay $20 to see a glorified U2 DVD didn't appeal to me.

Oh, you can always count on me. More on this later, by the way (re: MBV).

Wait, I thought I was the only MBV heretic?

I enjoyed U2 3D, mainly for The Fly. Never intended to go to it four times. No fucking idea how that happened ...!

I do like the indie type films more than the blockbusters.

I like watching the oldies on Turner Classic Channel :)

Same here. Well, not to a big extent, but I sort of watch more foreign films and classics than I used to. It's not about being pretentious, I just don't like the vibe of American cinema these days.

Yeah, having seen the movie before always helps. But you're still a virgin until you see it in a theatrical midnight showing. If you go, it's best to look over some audience participation scripts first, and try to memorize some of the callbacks and stuff, that way you won't feel left out.

Definitely seeing the movie first helped enjoy it. But I don't recall any scripts or stuff like that at the Hollywood shows. Maybe everyone knew it so well already, and if you didn't (like myself) it didn't matter. Just enjoy the show. And what a scene it was. :wink:

Maybe it's different now.

Random:

I was digging through my photobucket and I found this picture of me with pink hair dye slathered on my head.

pinkprocess.jpg

Makes me sooooooo want to do it again, but it's damn expensive 'cause you have to bleach your hair first, and with my hair being longer now, I'd probably have to buy double of everything :sigh:

I didn't see U23D either. Traveling 3 hours to pay $20 to see a glorified U2 DVD didn't appeal to me.

Yeah, I don't blame you. The Imax here is four blocks from my university, so it worked out well for me. But I wouldn't have travelled much further for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom