8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Chass, you mentioned something about a drawing?

I don't have the energy to trawl back through all the last pages, heh.

And before I go to bed:

Ax, I'm sorry that things got pointed in one direction. But it HAPPENS. You do it a lot yourself :shrug: No Need to get so angry over it. I hope in the morning things have calmed down :wave:

i know there's not much point in saying this since pfan has already left, but i'll say it anyway. i think whenever discussion is going on in this thread, it seems like that's all anyone's talked about. people have said it before about other topics too, such as desert island. it's only natural if you're disinterested in the subject, it's going to seem it's taking over the superthread. but to be honest, i've not seen a single situation where i felt like the topic couldn't be changed, or there couldn't be another conversation going on. and there have been times where i couldn't care less about the topic at hand.

just my two cents anyway.

So Chass, you mentioned something about a drawing?

I don't have the energy to trawl back through all the last pages, heh.
Drawn on a whim after supper last night:

TowerAndRose.png

Inspired by Stephen King's Dark Tower series :)

At what stage would you have ever wanted to see it anyway, though?

I've always been disinterested. But if it were just another movie and some friends wanted to go and the price wasn't too steep, I'd have gone along for the hell of it. I saw The Golden Compass for that reason. Didn't give a damn about the movie, but I had the company of good friends for the evening and they wanted to see it, so hey, I went along with it.

Drawn on a whim after supper last night:

TowerAndRose.png

Inspired by Stephen King's Dark Tower series :)

Oooh, nice work. :up:

I've always wished I could draw. Used to draw all the time when I was little, but never really acquired much of a talent for anything more complex than maps and diagrams.

I've always been disinterested. But if it were just another movie and some friends wanted to go and the price wasn't too steep, I'd have gone along for the hell of it.

Why if it were just another movie? How does others' enjoyment become detrimental to your interest in a given film?

You haven't lived until you've been to a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Nothing like getting pelted with rice, water, confetti, toilet paper, toast, and playing cards during a movie. Not to mention doing the Time Warp in a packed theater.

Also:

boner_2.gif

I would love to go to one of those screenings, since the movie's B.A., but I don't want the "virgin" treatment. Cyclical logic, I know.

one more post:

Exactly, in regards to the differences between the two jokers. I think they both set out the goals of what the directors wanted their film to be. Obviously a Tim Burton film wants to be a little lighter. Nolan wants his films darker. You get what the director wants you to see.

And I think your friend hit the points I've been trying to get myself to type. I wanted a lot more Dent/Joker, and a lot less Batman (even less Rachel. ...UGH Maggie Gyllenhaal)

Great point on your first part... but not the second. I'll love you the same anyway. :)

i know there's not much point in saying this since pfan has already left, but i'll say it anyway. i think whenever discussion is going on in this thread, it seems like that's all anyone's talked about. people have said it before about other topics too, such as desert island. it's only natural if you're disinterested in the subject, it's going to seem it's taking over the superthread. but to be honest, i've not seen a single situation where i felt like the topic couldn't be changed, or there couldn't be another conversation going on. and there have been times where i couldn't care less about the topic at hand.

just my two cents anyway.

Hey, why make sense?

Ughhh I need a job soo bad Im so sick of just sitting around all day not doing anything.

Hah, that's how I felt after a few days of holidays ... now I've gotten so used to it that I'd rather not go back to university in under a week!

Great point on your first part... but not the second. I'll love you the same anyway. :)

Glyenhaal = appalling in this film. That or just overshadowed by everyone else.

In fact, I'm glad the character got killed off. She was just there as a token effort to having a female lead in both films, IMO.

Why if it were just another movie? How does others' enjoyment become detrimental to your interest in a given film?

I'm just sick of hearing about the damn thing.

God, I wouldn't have even said anything if you guys were going to get so damn flustered about it. The other conversation strands seemed to have died due to TDK discussion coming to dominate the thread and I was bored, so why sit around looking bored? I was actually going for a very dry humour with "Fuck Batman" + train.

Oooh, nice work. :up:

I've always wished I could draw. Used to draw all the time when I was little, but never really acquired much of a talent for anything more complex than maps and diagrams.
Thanks. I've been drawing as long as I can remember. Actually, I was drawing before I can even remember. I apparently drew a baby girl hatching out of an egg on my mother's bedroom wall when I was a toddler, but I have no memory of it (and I'm amazed that at that young, I understood the concept of birth, sort of)

I would love to go to one of those screenings, since the movie's B.A., but I don't want the "virgin" treatment. Cyclical logic, I know.
When I went for the first time, the show was actually running late, and in order to speed things up, they just picked one guy to represent all the virgins, and did the treatment to him. So I lucked out.

Of course, you could also either pretend you're not a virgin, or go there with friends who haven't seen it either, so at least you won't be alone.

Thanks. I've been drawing as long as I can remember. Actually, I was drawing before I can even remember. I apparently drew a baby girl hatching out of an egg on my mother's bedroom wall when I was a toddler, but I have no memory of it (and I'm amazed that at that young, I understood the concept of birth, sort of)

Haha, cool. Apparently I was a very good drawer when I was little. My earliest school report cards all mention that I'm a great artist. But it wasn't really properly encouraged and by the time I was 10, I was drawing exactly how I was when I was 6, and by that point my skills had fallen behind the pack. Ah well. I took to writing instead. And, it seems, postwhoring. :wink:

God, I wouldn't have even said anything if you guys were going to get so damn flustered about it.

We wouldn't be having this conversation right now had you not been oversensitive to the opinions of others to begin with.

But hey, I guess discussing the finer points of nothing like they do in the Bar is considerably more enjoyable than Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom