8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've strayed away from the Batman thread because I've been wanting to have an intelligent conversation about the movie, it helps me appreciate things afterwards. So I'm sorry Ax, but thank you LMP.

You're welcome, I'm always glad to have conversations like these, too.

The Dark Knight's cracked my Top 25 Faves, too. It's a fairly rotating list, placement-wise, but most of the films stay the same.

Honestly, I haven't even seen the fucking Dark Knight yet and even with zero bias I know that Axver is being immature right now.

There are a lot of things I'm not crazy about concerning the superthread. Do I post train pics? No. Don't make me bring Sicy in here.

Gordon's fake-out death almost took me out of the movie entirely. When he shows up at the end of the badass chase sequence... I cheered.

Oh man, that was just as bad as making The Joker the killer of Bruce's parents in Burton's Batman... but at least it made sense in the context of Forever's storyline. Fuck Robin, btw.

It DID take me out of the movie. I was pissed. Though I started to suspect after a while that he couldn't possibly be, simply because of how often they kept mentioning it. So I was quite excited when he returned, probably one of the few times during the movie I got visibly excited.

I hate Robin so much. Shit, stop it LMP you're making me realize how awful Forever is :lol:
Also, I still have a special place in my heart for Nicholson Joker, but yeah, what the crap was that all about :mad:

I can think of a few, but he's definitely in my Top 25 now.

I love how I'm talking more about Batman in here than in any Batman thread. Clearly you all can see how much I love the character and the mythos... it's sick.
i used to watch the original batman series tv show when i was about 5-10 years old

Honestly, I haven't even seen the fucking Dark Knight yet and even with zero bias I know that Axver is being immature right now.

There are a lot of things I'm not crazy about concerning the superthread. Do I post train pics? No. Don't make me bring Sicy in here.

:tsk: Hiscock is going up the arse already.

Him walking out of the hospital is awesome: hand soap, remote, explosion, fiddle with remote, more explosion, bus.

Fucking yes.

I hate the fanboys who declared this their favorite film ever and The Joker the best thing ever before they saw it, regardless of the quality of the film and character, but yeah... I unabashedly love this film.

I only REALLY enjoying that if I'm using it to scare my brother :wink:

You're welcome, I'm always glad to have conversations like these, too.

The Dark Knight's cracked my Top 25 Faves, too. It's a fairly rotating list, placement-wise, but most of the films stay the same.

The problem for me is, the more I talk with you all about it, the more I like it. I just know though that if i go to see it again, I'm going to have to deal with Christian Bale again...then I get sad :(

Fucking yes.

I hate the fanboys who declared this their favorite film ever and The Joker the best thing ever before they saw it, regardless of the quality of the film and character, but yeah... I unabashedly love this film.

That was my first turnoff, yes.

THen there being more people there for the midnight showing then for Reveng of the Sith was the second one. I've mentioned the third was the poser crowd.

It DID take me out of the movie. I was pissed. Though I started to suspect after a while that he couldn't possibly be, simply because of how often they kept mentioning it. So I was quite excited when he returned, probably one of the few times during the movie I got visibly excited.

I hate Robin so much. Shit, stop it LMP you're making me realize how awful Forever is :lol:
Also, I still have a special place in my heart for Nicholson Joker, but yeah, what the crap was that all about :mad:

I never really believed that Gordon died, he was just too pivotal to the plot to have died.

Although, I did think that the peron driving the armoured car was actually one of the Joker's henchman or the Joker himself at first. I was very surprised when it turned out to be Gordon.

R they b(.)(.)bs???
No, but I saw some last night.

I was getting ready to go to bed, a bit after 1 AM, and I heard some people outside (I live in an apartment complex eerily similar to the one in Lady in the Water, albeit smaller) thinking it was probably the people that live in 43, who often sit at the nearest umbrella table, late at night, I peaked out the window.

It wasn't them. It was some people in the pool... which is fenced in (for safety reasons) and closed after 11 PM. And then I realized that they were naked. Three naked girls in the pool, having quite a time.

I tried calling the manager, but the line was busy. Then I was gonna try again, and I went back to the window to see if they were still there, and I saw that two had left the pool area, and the third (clad only in shoes) was climbing back over the fence, while the manager was approaching with a flashlight. The third girl went to join the other two who were putting their clothes on by a bush, then they all went out to the parking lot, and the manager followed them out there.

Always drama here.

Yeah well, it does. :)

I love Nicholson's Joker... no matter how great Ledger's was, it shouldn't diminish my love for that or Burton's film.

"Winged freak terrorizes... wait 'til they get a load of me."

Fucking yes.

I believe I was the first person on Interference to watch it, or at least to post a review of it.

What does that have to do with anything? Dunno really, just bragging I suppose.

I believe I was the first person on Interference to watch it, or at least to post a review of it.

What does that have to do with anything? Dunno really, just bragging I suppose.

Yeah, ass.

As I've said before, TDK was my first midnight movie experience. I picked a cracker of a movie to do it in, too.

Yeah well, it does. :)

I love Nicholson's Joker... no matter how great Ledger's was, it shouldn't diminish my love for that or Burton's film.

"Winged freak terrorizes... wait 'til they get a load of me."

God I was starting to get the impression that everyone hated Nicholson's Joker. I'm relieved now :lol:

I mean I find that Heath's Joker wasn't as dark as everybody was going to make him out to be and he was still quite funny like he was supposed to be as well.

Then the Nicholson Joker was mean, and funny. Not so Dark though, so I think they each brought something to the table :shrug:

Cartoon Joker...now he was pretty awesome as well :wink:

imgad.jpg

My advertisement!!! :D

No, it's more insulting, because it caused a minor news scandal here.

It has a point, though.

I've yet to see a point in burying Heath Ledger posthumously because we're talking about his performance in a film which you haven't seen. And you getting pissed about us talking a film you call a "fad" which you haven't seen.

No one hates Nicholas' Joker. Actually, his performance was generally regarded as the best by any Batman villain up until The Dark Knight.

Yeah, ass.

As I've said before, TDK was my first midnight movie experience. I picked a cracker of a movie to do it in, too.

I live for midnight movies:

Star Wars III
Harry Potter IV & V
Scary Movie IV < WTF
Indiana Jones
Pirates II & III

and a couple more I can't remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom