8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck The Joker.

s640x480

I can think of a few, but he's definitely in my Top 25 now.

I love how I'm talking more about Batman in here than in any Batman thread. Clearly you all can see how much I love the character and the mythos... it's sick.

I love how I'm talking more about Batman in here than in any Batman thread. Clearly you all can see how much I love the character and the mythos... it's sick.

Rarely does a film that hyped live up to it. It's an exciting thing.

Fuck I just don't fucking care any more and while I was disinterested before, this stupid hype has just put me off the stupid fucking thing entirely.

s640x480

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on the sonar bit. I loved how it was used as a moral/ethical dilemma for Lucius' character, but apart from that, it was lame.

I really don't think Two Face is dead. I doubt Nolan and Co. would crack the guy out for one film like that and just kill him at the end - plus, other characters survived bigger falls than that in the movie, you know?

I'm really surprised you object to how he was used as opposed to TLJ's Two Face, who was really left out to dry in Forever, I think. Also, Two Face would never flip a coin on one person more than once... and he does it a bunch of times on Bruce in the mansion in Forever - that's more of a betrayal of the character than anything in TDK.

I'm glad we can agree on something :lol:

No, the more I think about it, I don't either since that whole thing with Gordon. I mean...He was just such an important part to the original story I don't know how you could get rid of him so fast

And let me say that that is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else about Forever...even the ridiculous "Oh Hey Guys Two-Face killed my parents for no apparent reason" thing. That flipping multiple times thing did make me mad. But, then I realized that nothing was akin to the original storyline anyways, so I sighed and moved on. Which is what I've pretty much done with TDK as well. After I see it again, I'm sure my tune will be a different one.

:heart: The Joker

_44309815_carriages416.jpg

"You see, nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If I told people that a gangbanger was going to get shot, or a busload of soldiers was going to get blown up, nobody would panic. It's all part of the plan. But tell people that one tiny little mayor is going to die and everyone loses their minds!"

Honest to God, Ax, this whole whining about the film and us talking about it? I find it slightly pathetic.

Deal with that.

mightyboosh_02.jpg

I'm glad we can agree on something :lol:

No, the more I think about it, I don't either since that whole thing with Gordon. I mean...He was just such an important part to the original story I don't know how you could get rid of him so fast

And let me say that that is the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else about Forever...even the ridiculous "Oh Hey Guys Two-Face killed my parents for no apparent reason" thing. That flipping multiple times thing did make me mad. But, then I realized that nothing was akin to the original storyline anyways, so I sighed and moved on. Which is what I've pretty much done with TDK as well. After I see it again, I'm sure my tune will be a different one.

Gordon's fake-out death almost took me out of the movie entirely. When he shows up at the end of the badass chase sequence... I cheered.

Oh man, that was just as bad as making The Joker the killer of Bruce's parents in Burton's Batman... but at least it made sense in the context of Forever's storyline. Fuck Robin, btw.

I've strayed away from the Batman thread because I've been wanting to have an intelligent conversation about the movie, it helps me appreciate things afterwards. So I'm sorry Ax, but thank you LMP.
EPAA is an awesome song...

THANK YOU

"You see, nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If I told people that a gangbanger was going to get shot, or a busload of soldiers was going to get blown up, nobody would panic. It's all part of the plan. But tell people that one tiny little mayor is going to die and everyone loses their minds!"

That was probably my favorite line. Except maybe for "You Complete Me"

We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy, love.

A sun so bright it leaves no shadows
Only scars carved into stone on the face of earth.

The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes.

You run like a river on to the sea
You run like a river runs to the sea.

Him walking out of the hospital is awesome: hand soap, remote, explosion, fiddle with remote, more explosion, bus.

So Ive only seen a few of the Batman movies when I was young and dont really remember any of them... But Ashley dragged me to see Dark knight (kidding I kinda wanted to see it) And I liked it a lot. And I dont like movies like that at all. I didnt like how long it was but besides that it was AMAZING!!!

We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy, love.

A sun so bright it leaves no shadows
Only scars carved into stone on the face of earth.

The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes.

You run like a river on to the sea
You run like a river runs to the sea.

wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom