8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have this theory that the reason why humans were so damn stupid, even though our planet is so well made, is because we were originally aliens who were considered useless and stupid by our fellows, so we were dumped on this random planet.

Then I read HG2G, and found out that Douglas Adams thought of that first.

True, but neither is Batman and Rachel falling from the penthouse apartment on to a car relatively unscathed, you know? In the end, it's still fantastical realism.

I'm going to have to agree with your next point though. Fuck, it's almost as good as the baptism scene from There Will Be Blood.

That reminds me. What happened to trying to be realistic? That sonar wall was all kinds of over the top. Just saying

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Maybe the point about him being the "savior of Gotham" and the "white knight" was hit on the head a bit too many, but in context, I think it makes perfect sense. To Bruce, he's the salvation of a normal life; to Gotham, he's the salvation of a city. What was made more important was that the "idea" of Harvey Dent was more important than the man, which also resonates with Batman. He can't be the "hero," in the classic sense, like Gordon says at the end, but he's the best thing Gotham has to a savior, protector, or what have you. I never thought it went into Sapville though... teetered on the line, but never crossed it.

It makes perfect sense, he's just more familiar with you as the character than anything else. It's like Frank Gorshin always being The Riddler to me, Burgess Meredith as The Penguin, etc...

I don't know...I think I could've let it all go if that little kid hadn't said "Why are we chasing him dad" then I just wanted to get up and leave since I knew the movie was almost over anyways. That was just way too much cheese. Pretty much every line that little kid has was, but that was the worst.

I understand that Harvey needed to be Gotham's good guy that they could look up to. You can't really look up to a guy that hides in the darkest shadows no. I think I didn't appreciate that they used Two-Face. Just because they used him, and then from the looks of it, tossed him. But I might be proved wrong, and I will GLADLY change my tune.

Yeah, I know, but still, you can see that he's slipping there, just by his body language.

Eckhart was good, and would look a lot better if he wasn't surrounded by some great performances.

Ledger's the spectacle, but Eckhart's the meat of the story, I think. He and Oldman's Gordon shine in this one.

Fuck, TDK was like if Heat and Batman had a brilliant, sexy baby together. The best crime drama in recent memory with arguably one of the greatest fictional characters in pop culture... match made in heaven.

If you've been reading this thread, you'd pretty much know the entire plot anyway.

Not really. I've been zoning out.

Nanananananana WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT BATFUCKINGMAN.

Seriously guys, how many more decades do you want to spend driving this fad movie into the ground?

That's a great point. I agree entirely.

I love how their different personas juxtapose against each other, too. Bruce's gregarious asshole against Harvey's noble crusader, and then it's switched with their alternate personalities.

Then there's The Joker who just shows up to fuck shit up, like David Bowie.

I'm struggling to think of a better villain than Ledger's Joker.

I used to have this theory that the reason why humans were so damn stupid, even though our planet is so well made, is because we were originally aliens who were considered useless and stupid by our fellows, so we were dumped on this random planet.

We're the descendent of hairdressers we are

I understand that Harvey needed to be Gotham's good guy that they could look up to. You can't really look up to a guy that hides in the darkest shadows no. I think I didn't appreciate that they used Two-Face. Just because they used him, and then from the looks of it, tossed him. But I might be proved wrong, and I will GLADLY change my tune.

The thing about them using Two-Face and then tossing him fits in perfectly with the Batman persona though, especially in the Justice League comics and the Bruce Wayne: Murderer? arc.

If you've been reading this thread, you'd pretty much know the entire plot anyway.

It'll still scare the fucking shit out of you when you do get down to watching it though, plot knowledge or not.
I'm basically ignoring the Batman talk.

It's probably good, but I... just don't care :shrug:

I'm sorry, but I need to expose myself. Wait....
:ohmy:
:shifty:
:flirt:

(does that make me one of those smilie people? :uhoh:)
I still can't give a fuck about it and all this hype about it is a snooze.
This is why I love you :love:

Not really. I've been zoning out.

Nanananananana WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT BATFUCKINGMAN.

Seriously guys, how many more decades do you want to spend driving this fad movie into the ground?

the_dark_knight_joker_image.jpg

Why so serious?

Seriously, though, stop calling it a fad movie till you see it.

It's so accurate it's scary.

That reminds me. What happened to trying to be realistic? That sonar wall was all kinds of over the top. Just saying

I don't know...I think I could've let it all go if that little kid hadn't said "Why are we chasing him dad" then I just wanted to get up and leave since I knew the movie was almost over anyways. That was just way too much cheese. Pretty much every line that little kid has was, but that was the worst.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on the sonar bit. I loved how it was used as a moral/ethical dilemma for Lucius' character, but apart from that, it was lame.

I really don't think Two Face is dead. I doubt Nolan and Co. would crack the guy out for one film like that and just kill him at the end - plus, other characters survived bigger falls than that in the movie, you know?

I'm really surprised you object to how he was used as opposed to TLJ's Two Face, who was really left out to dry in Forever, I think. Also, Two Face would never flip a coin on one person more than once... and he does it a bunch of times on Bruce in the mansion in Forever - that's more of a betrayal of the character than anything in TDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom