8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Ledger's acting in the interrogation scenes is as perfect as anything I've seen in film.

Paid for my $1.50 :wink:

I don't know...I was put off by Bale as Wayne, on the other hand, I think it was handled better than any Wayne before. In that, someone as angsty as Wayne is, should not be quite the playboy he's always made out to be in pretty much any other batman installment

Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne is probably my favorite, but Bale has a great balance as Bruce and Bats. Plus, I'd believe him being a fucking ninja master, Keaton... not so much. He would've been a terrific Joker though.

One of my favorite scenes in the whole film, along with The Joker's pencil trick, the Bat-pod chase scene, and the interrogation scene.

The only issue I had with the Bat-pod was the driving up a wall, doing a 180 and coming back down again. I'm not entirely convinced that it's physically possible.

The interrogation scene is one of the best scenes in recent cinema history. Period.

See, I think his character was handled pretty well. Sure, some creative liberties were taken with the physical creation of his scarring... but his character is the backbone of the whole movie and probably my favorite part about the whole thing.

Tommy Lee Jones was so fucking godawful in Forever... he and Jim Carrey just take turns chewing scenery until it turns to shit, I'm sorry. It used to be my favorite Batman film when I was about 5 or 6, but I grew out of that. If I want campy Batman, I'll stick with the '60s movie and series, not the shit Schumacher films.

That's completely fair. To be honest I wasn't so upset with the creative liberties with the creation of story, so much as the way they kept playing up this white knight/dark knight thing til it got so sappy at the end I was slightly disgusted. I didn't like Two-Face ending up that way I suppose.

As for Forever Eh, I know it's not popular. That's what I'm good for :wink:. I don't think anything can be as campy as 60s Batman, and I think we can both agree that nothing can be as bad as Batman & Robin? But since I was only 10 when that came out, in my mind TLJ has always = Two-Face. Does that make sense?

WOAH WOAH WHAT?

I'm guessing State Highway 1 between Pukerua Bay and Paekakariki, but anywhere else too?

Don't know to be exact....they've been putting out massive warnings all day on the radio telling people there to not go on the beach, hunker down, and that the roads are closed.....pretty extreme stuff!

I thought Dent / Two-Face was brilliantly handled, even if the transition was a bit rough and sudden (which really only added to the realism in a sense).

I remember reading that there's a 3 hour cut of TDK around... I'm just glad we got something as complete as the released version. I hope the extra half hour fleshes out some of the rougher edges of the film.

His transition didn't really bother me, since it was slowly brewing since the beginning of the film. The guy's self-righteous and a believer in "justice" and the moral way... all while manipulating chance with a two-headed coin. He's a paradoxical character to begin with, Rachel's death and his scarring pushed him mentally over the edge and manifested itself physically. I absolutely loved how he was the tragic character of the film, along with Batman.

But it's in the cinema this time which means I don't have to see it fifty millions times, yay!

WHAT?!
Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne is probably my favorite, but Bale has a great balance as Bruce and Bats. Plus, I'd believe him being a fucking ninja master, Keaton... not so much. He would've been a terrific Joker though.

I love Keaton in almost anything, and he my favorite Batman. If it's not clear, I'm not trying to harp on it, I just in general don't like Christian Bale. Even in The Prestige I found him rather off-putting. Even so I'd still put him in second place for all the work he put into the roll. Gotta respect that. Did you read the Cracked article on that top Batman's? You're like hitting all their main points :lol:

Also. Keaton is amazing at almost anything that allows him to be crazy/homicidal/maniacal :love:

Don't know to be exact....they've been putting out massive warnings all day on the radio telling people there to not go on the beach, hunker down, and that the roads are closed.....pretty extreme stuff!

Shiiit. Paekakariki's already had some nasty flooding in the last few years, so I hope this doesn't actually affect the township itself.

I remember reading that there's a 3 hour cut of TDK around... I'm just glad we got something as complete as the released version. I hope the extra half hour fleshes out some of the rougher edges of the film.

His transition didn't really bother me, since it was slowly brewing since the beginning of the film. The guy's self-righteous and a believer in "justice" and the moral way... all while manipulating chance with a two-headed coin. He's a paradoxical character to begin with, Rachel's death and his scarring pushed him mentally over the edge and manifested itself physically. I absolutely loved how he was the tragic character of the film, along with Batman.

I mean, he'd already started slipping when he took the psychotic guy to that abandoned location and was flipping the coin with the gun to his head.

I thought it was very good. His quick decision making as Two-Face made sense with his character, too.

Nah It'd have to be someone with an ego complex, and that fits god with his whole "Worship me or burn!" I mean come on, can anyone say EGO?

Hmm, good point. Can we defeat this god with logic, Douglas Adams-style?

Whyyyyyyyy?! *I need Khan's green crying face here*
crying.gif

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom