8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
347764252_4a7cb24bb5.jpg

I stumbled across this in a Google search earlier.

Exactly! :lol:

I'm surprised it made as much money as it did and that parents are letting their kids see it. It's as dark as the parentally hated Batman Returns, just not sexual, like that one is.

I'm upset about this #1 on IMDb nonsense. Every summer now it seems like a movies overtaking the money record, but #1 on IMDb being Godfather/Shawshank make a lot more sense.

With a rusty fucking fork. XP is what I like best. I used Macs in high school. Can't say I cared for them much. Prefer Windows but hell no to Vista.

Hmm, nah. I like fruit better. Blueberry.

Pre-OS X Macs were just shithouse. OS X is damn good and slays Vista, so I'd choose it if that's the only choice I had (can't be arsed figuring out the deal with Linux), but I'm much more comfortable with XP, so if I can possibly go with that when I get a laptop, I will.

I have a bit too much of a sweet tooth and love chocolate. Blueberry and chocolate ...? :hmm:

I thought you were the other person, but I couldn't remember.

Surrender sounds much better too. It's mostly Red Light & Surrender I was concerned with, and they sound good to me :D

"Surrender" and "40" sound a hell of a lot better. The remasters really helped October, I think. I love actually being able to hear the beginning of "Tomorrow" now.

I can't help but want to do those mannerisms. Every time I have to drive somewhere, I walk around shaking the keys in my hands like he did when walking up the Hong Kong guy's jail cell.

I would love to be The Joker for Halloween, but I don't think it would be too appropriate.

I would love to be The Joker for Halloween, but I don't think it would be too appropriate.

I thought the exact same thing, with the exact same retraction.

I can't help but think every time I act from now on, I'm going to incorporate some little thing from that performance into it.

The bass was a little distorted at the beginning of "40" but the rest sounded great. Man those last three tracks ended up sounding a lot better, which is great for me since they're my favorites on the album :wink:

I'm upset about this #1 on IMDb nonsense. Every summer now it seems like a movies overtaking the money record, but #1 on IMDb being Godfather/Shawshank make a lot more sense.

That bothers me, too, but it's a statistical thing. Sure, the voting system is weighted, but with as few votes as it has, it's going to be #1 for a bit.

It'll even out over time. There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men both cracked the Top 40 for a short time and have settled markedly lower, I believe.

Perhaps the bull wasn't dead yet?

Bull: I'm not dead yet!
Larry: Wot?
Homeopath: Nothing. He's very ill.
Bull: I'm getting better.
Homeopath: No, you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Bull: I feel fine.
Larry: Am I seeing this or did Edge slip me some mushrooms? :huh:

So this is why Larry hates the Passengers era!

The bass was a little distorted at the beginning of "40" but the rest sounded great. Man those last three tracks ended up sounding a lot better, which is great for me since they're my favorites on the album :wink:

I love the last three as well. Got to get around to remastered War here soon.

I'm surprised it made as much money as it did and that parents are letting their kids see it. It's as dark as the parentally hated Batman Returns, just not sexual, like that one is.

I'm surprised too, I wouldn't take a kid to see that movie. Although oddly enough, as much as it scared me, I still want to go see it again.

Y'want me to show you a magic trick?

I'm gonna make this pencil...

Disappear.

I'm scarily good at imitating that voice and the tongue thing. It's great fun to go around church creeping people out by doing it. :D

Well I'm certainly glad I don't go to that church. :wink:

So I think Ive finally (with ashleys help) discovered why I dont like U2... for 2 simple reasons.

1) I care wayyyy too much about what people think of me. Ex. I change my myspace song to lets say... Desire all my friends are like Brittany whos U2 and why are you listening to them? Are you ok?

2) I dont like Bonos voice. Its scratchy.

Pre-OS X Macs were just shithouse. OS X is damn good and slays Vista, so I'd choose it if that's the only choice I had (can't be arsed figuring out the deal with Linux), but I'm much more comfortable with XP, so if I can possibly go with that when I get a laptop, I will.

I have a bit too much of a sweet tooth and love chocolate. Blueberry and chocolate ...? :hmm:
I'm not sure what version the ones I used had. We had them all through school but now it just escapes me. I was used to those so figuring out Windows was a little bit of work but not too much. I was lucky enough to find my laptop with XP. That's the way to go.

Blueberry and Chocolate? :drool: SuperfuckingWin. You must conduct an experiment!

That bothers me, too, but it's a statistical thing. Sure, the voting system is weighted, but with as few votes as it has, it's going to be #1 for a bit.

It'll even out over time. There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men both cracked the Top 40 for a short time and have settled markedly lower, I believe.

Never trust IMDB ratings for any film that's been out for less than 5 years. Period.

I can't help but think every time I act from now on, I'm going to incorporate some little thing from that performance into it.

Ledger was such a force. I'm really eager to go back and watch the rest of his work now.

I may try and be a bit ballsy and do David Bowie... Ziggy most likely.

It's more the whole, I'm not getting how the imdb system works thing that bothers me. Like Shawshank being in second (pre Dark Knight) even though it had the same score as The Godfather, and more votes as well. But I guess it must have something to do with having the same score with more lower marked scores or something :huh: Yeah....I'm sure TDK will go down, and obviously it deserves to be somewhere in the Top 40, my own opinions aside, I can't deny the masses, just not #1

In our school, everyone does group things for Halloween. Supposedly, my gang is doing a re-make of MarioKart 64. I'm just hoping I don't end up being Peach (I'm counting on ending up Peach, though).

YES.

I don't do anything for Halloween, but I think dress-up parties are now gonna be a very tough decision between Weaving's V and Ledger's Joker.

I'm surprised too, I wouldn't take a kid to see that movie. Although oddly enough, as much as it scared me, I still want to go see it again.

Well I'm certainly glad I don't go to that church. :wink:

I saw a few families in the theater today... that surprised me.

It was just as good upon second viewing, too.

Never trust IMDB ratings for any film that's been out for less than 5 years. Period.

Aside from the placement of the movies and slant toward more recent films, it's got a pretty good assortment of great movies to go by. The genre and decade-specific lists are far more helpful, I think.

Ledger was such a force. I'm really eager to go back and watch the rest of his work now.

I may try and be a bit ballsy and do David Bowie... Ziggy most likely.

This movie aside, I'm contented with the fact that I can still say I never really cared for any previous Ledger movies...Oh except the Patriot. I LOVE The Patriot.

Why does everyone suddenly care about the IMDB ratings having that bias? Did everyone not know that was going to happen? I was sure it would. It'll drop back to normal in time, and I've not given it a second thought. It happens all the time on there. Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom