8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's really awesome, i can't believe i missed it! i don't think it's wise to go as a lone female who doesn't speak the language. i'd like to go someday, though, it sounds really cool and isolated. maybe if i meet up with a russian or bulgarian speaking male in bucharest who wants to go, i'd do it. but fat chance.

Hah, yeah, it doesn't sound like the safest place in the world to go, but fuck it would be cool. There was a TV show here a while back called Holidays In Places That Don't Exist or something like that, and I'm pissed I missed the Transnistria episode.

Hah, yeah, it doesn't sound like the safest place in the world to go, but fuck it would be cool. There was a TV show here a while back called Holidays In Places That Don't Exist or something like that, and I'm pissed I missed the Transnistria episode.
it is a pretty odd "country." and reading about it explains why i'd been warned about the ukranian border.

During the writer's strike, Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy and Firefly) wrote and made a low-budget, 40 minute, slightly absurd, musical comedy about a supervillian mad scientist called Dr. Horrible... starring Niel Patrick Harris! Also Nathon Fillion and Felicia Day.

The movie was released in three parts online over a series of days last week, but have since been taken down (the original plan was only to keep them up for a few days) and will be released on DVD (with bonus features) at a later date.

Luckily I was able to torrent the pieces after they went down, especially because my brother was camping last week and totally missed out on the movie.

I haven't heard a note. Still debating whether I will order them from Amazon - phanan's positive review makes me feel inclined to do so.

Well, positive in some aspects, but negatives with others. I did a kind of running diary on Boy and October yesterday that was more specific.

Overall though, yeah, I like them. Could have been a hell of a lot better, though, as we all know.

Oh god, it's almost 5am. I better sleep. Farewell, folks. Great to see you around, Vazza, and I hope your continued travels go well. Looking forward to seeing you again soon! :wave:

Not really. One of my good friends is a bit older than me (He used to be my boss) and he's from India, and he frequently travels there. He just got back today and I finally was told by him that he's moving back for good fairly soon. Everyone kept telling me this, but I didn't believe them, and now I've finally heard it FROM him. So..I'm miserable.

Aw damn that sucks; I mean I guess it's good for him if he wants to go back home but still having a friend move away must be so hard especially a good friend...

Well his dad died two months ago, and now his mom's kinda alone. I just ugh. I don't want him to go, I only get to see him a couple of weeks out of the year as it is, since he lives here in Indiana.

He kept asking me if I was going to come to school in Indiana or not. I think that's the closest he'd come to saying he misses me. I kept telling him no, and he kept trying to talk me into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom