8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the e-mail. :)

Bloody quiet night. I'm writing a rant in my blog right now.

Very quiet. Oh well. Maybe just cause it's hump day.

This place fucking surged to 500-550 posts, then been crawling since then. I was hoping we'd reach a new thread before I go to bed, but all going to plan, I'll be asleep in an hour or so.

All the Americans burned out on TDK and went to bed. Now they're sleeping it off.

Although I could kill LeMel for his avi, :lol:

He's the main character in American Psycho where Christian Bale played a character similarly insane as the Joker.

I listened to the remasters at home. They sound pretty good. As the original Boy disc wasn't too bad, you don't hear too much of a difference on that one, although it still sounds good.

October and War are much improved, though, which isn't too difficult as the original CDs absolutely sucked.

I listened to the remasters at home. They sound pretty good. As the original Boy disc wasn't too bad, you don't hear too much of a difference on that one, although it still sounds good.

October and War are much improved, though, which isn't too difficult as the original CDs absolutely sucked.

You reckon they're worth it, then? Also, what's the end of The Electric Co. like?

And I still don't know how Red Light made War over Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete The Chop).

Absolutely baffling, especially as Treasure has some of the most raw passion and emotion that Bono's ever recorded.

The book is better, if you like being terrified, but Christian did a perfect job in a truncated version.

Well, that's not all too surprising; books tend to be better anyway, and I'm hugely biased in favour of them over movies.

Ali sent me Treasure. I should listen to it, shouldn't i?

*turns off Linkin Park*

Absolutely baffling, especially as Treasure has some of the most raw passion and emotion that Bono's ever recorded.

If they had just made this one change, the second half would have been that much better. Red Light ruins it for me, and while I like a lot of what they do in Surrender, I'm not fond of the vocals in that one, either.

You reckon they're worth it, then? Also, what's the end of The Electric Co. like?

I think it is for the remastering. Obviously, the bonus disc on War leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. A couple of the remixes were interesting to hear, but they won't get any repeat listenings.

I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean by the end of Electric Co. You mean the sound quality?

:| Are there SERIOUSLY dance mixes of New Year's Day?

Where do we find these people? And how do we kill them?

Ali sent me Treasure. I should listen to it, shouldn't i?

*turns off Linkin Park*

You should probably turn off Linkin Park anyway. :wink:

Goddamn nu-metal. Pushing Me Away isn't an entirely intolerable song, but the rest ...!

I think it is for the remastering. Obviously, the bonus disc on War leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly. A couple of the remixes were interesting to hear, but they won't get any repeat listenings.

I have to admit I'm not sure what you mean by the end of Electric Co. You mean the sound quality?

Cool. How does it compare to JT? I always found JT's remastering to be fairly insubstantial. And speaking of remixes, I can't believe the October remixes didn't make it. I can imagine the band find them embarrassing now, but they're fucking hilarious to play.

The fade-out and fade back in has always seemed peculiar to me. Bono's vocals are especially difficult, and while poor enunciation plays a huge role there, I feel the original mixing does it few favours.

The avatar, incidentally, is based on the logic of:

AxdamI5.jpg

(So that poster just cracks me up and I like posting it at any opportunity.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom