8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Well, not to a big extent, but I sort of watch more foreign films and classics than I used to. It's not about being pretentious, I just don't like the vibe of American cinema these days.

Mongol, which has been out a month or two, is a pretty good Russian (wtf) film about Genghis Khan.

Random:

I was digging through my photobucket and I found this picture of me with pink hair dye slathered on my head.

pinkprocess.jpg

Makes me sooooooo want to do it again, but it's damn expensive 'cause you have to bleach your hair first, and with my hair being longer now, I'd probably have to buy double of everything :sigh:

Ha, awesome. What I like about my pale hair is it's so easy to dye. What I don't like is that it almost always looks fucking ridiculous!

Yeah, I don't blame you. The Imax here is four blocks from my university, so it worked out well for me. But I wouldn't have travelled much further for it.

It was DC or nothing for me. Not terribly reasonable.

Perhaps I'm underestimating U23D's greatness; I would go to great lengths to see U2 live (hell, I'm even signing up for a U2.com membership in the fall), but U23D simply doesn't count as such, to me anyway.

I haven't seen TDK yet either. I don't go to the movies much anymore. I find much of it very cliched and over-rated. And the more I hear about a movie, the more inclined I am to skip it. Wait for it to show up on cable :shrug:

Off the top of my head, I've been to four movies at the cinemas in the last three years. Hype is one way to put me off (unless it's bad, in which case I'm oddly tempted to go for lulz). And yeah, like you say, so much is just cliche.

Perhaps I'm underestimating U23D's greatness; I would go to great lengths to see U2 live (hell, I'm even signing up for a U2.com membership in the fall), but U23D simply doesn't count as such, to me anyway.

U23D was, really, just a film for those less hardcore U2 fans so that they'd (hopefully) not bother buying tickets when U2 do tour next year. That or it'd encourage them to buy tickets. :\

For some reason, at a few moments after midnight, Interference craps out on me. Anyone else have that happen?
Third night in a row. It's probably the server automatically updating or something. But that doesn't make it any less annoying.

And look what else I found in my photobucket, a picture of Axver someone drew for me:

adamforchass.jpg

I don't know why anybody would consider it even half on the level of an actual concert. I only intended to see it once and that's it. Blame Ali, Jen, and Co. for conning me into three more viewings.

Fell asleep during One at the third showing. :up:

Fell asleep during One at the third showing. :up:

:lol: I don't really understand how people are able to fall asleep during movies. Maybe it's the fact that I struggle falling asleep in general these days, but that seems impossible to me.

I thought you'd like that.

I also found the pic of me where my boobs jump out of the screen:

awhite2.jpg

The 'A' on my hand was for a photo project. Different people did different letters, but when I saw my chest in the pic, I changed shirts and took a different photo to submit.

:lol: I don't really understand how people are able to fall asleep during movies. Maybe it's the fact that I struggle falling asleep in general these days, but that seems impossible to me.

We took my grandfather to watch The Phantom Menace back when it first came out and he somehow fell asleep watching it...

I think the fact I was running on 2.5 hours' sleep had something to do with it. Nearly fell asleep during SYCMIOYO too.

1. They stop the server momentarily to count their money.

2. They stop the server momentarily to update the high scores in the arcade to their liking.

3. They stop the server momentarily simply to piss off the superthreaders who are guaranteed to be postwhoring at this time of night.

The first time I watched a James Bond movie all the way through, I fell of my chair :D

It wasn't its awesomeness that knocked me over though, it was that I hadn't had much sleep, and the chair had no arms :giggle:

I thought you'd like that.

I also found the pic of me where my boobs jump out of the screen:

That totally should've gone in Brest Railway Museum or Tittybong or one of those threads.

Also, I think more people would be interested if you joined in on the picspam Ian and I do. :laugh:

By the way, Chass, that picture and your avatar are the closest U-Wen's ever come to seeing boobies. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom