8 Hiscock Road, Melbourne Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he'd already started slipping when he took the psychotic guy to that abandoned location and was flipping the coin with the gun to his head.

I thought it was very good. His quick decision making as Two-Face made sense with his character, too.

Though he WAS flipping with a two-headed coin :wink:

I remember reading that there's a 3 hour cut of TDK around... I'm just glad we got something as complete as the released version. I hope the extra half hour fleshes out some of the rougher edges of the film.

His transition didn't really bother me, since it was slowly brewing since the beginning of the film. The guy's self-righteous and a believer in "justice" and the moral way... all while manipulating chance with a two-headed coin. He's a paradoxical character to begin with, Rachel's death and his scarring pushed him mentally over the edge and manifested itself physically. I absolutely loved how he was the tragic character of the film, along with Batman.

Personally, I really really enjoyed how Dent was continually juxtaposed against Batman, and then that press conference where he announces that he was Batman. It made for a nice, brief merging of the two, before they come apart again in a more extreme way.

crying.gif

:wink:

thank you.

Also...your new Av is brilliance

The only issue I had with the Bat-pod was the driving up a wall, doing a 180 and coming back down again. I'm not entirely convinced that it's physically possible.

The interrogation scene is one of the best scenes in recent cinema history. Period.

True, but neither is Batman and Rachel falling from the penthouse apartment on to a car relatively unscathed, you know? In the end, it's still fantastical realism.

I'm going to have to agree with your next point though. Fuck, it's almost as good as the baptism scene from There Will Be Blood.

That's completely fair. To be honest I wasn't so upset with the creative liberties with the creation of story, so much as the way they kept playing up this white knight/dark knight thing til it got so sappy at the end I was slightly disgusted. I didn't like Two-Face ending up that way I suppose.

As for Forever Eh, I know it's not popular. That's what I'm good for :wink:. I don't think anything can be as campy as 60s Batman, and I think we can both agree that nothing can be as bad as Batman & Robin? But since I was only 10 when that came out, in my mind TLJ has always = Two-Face. Does that make sense?

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Maybe the point about him being the "savior of Gotham" and the "white knight" was hit on the head a bit too many, but in context, I think it makes perfect sense. To Bruce, he's the salvation of a normal life; to Gotham, he's the salvation of a city. What was made more important was that the "idea" of Harvey Dent was more important than the man, which also resonates with Batman. He can't be the "hero," in the classic sense, like Gordon says at the end, but he's the best thing Gotham has to a savior, protector, or what have you. I never thought it went into Sapville though... teetered on the line, but never crossed it.

It makes perfect sense, he's just more familiar with you as the character than anything else. It's like Frank Gorshin always being The Riddler to me, Burgess Meredith as The Penguin, etc...

Though he WAS flipping with a two-headed coin :wink:

Yeah, I know, but still, you can see that he's slipping there, just by his body language.

Eckhart was good, and would look a lot better if he wasn't surrounded by some great performances.

some of us are still waiting to receive their copies :madspit:

damn amazon.com not shipping the box set thing for a while. no worries though, i think i have just about all the bonus stuff already. and loads more that isn't on there.

I don't have it yet. Getting it for my birthday (which is in a little over a month :grumpy: ). I'm listening to it on Napster. I couldn't wait any longer to hear October. Then I just couldn't stop myself.

I mean, he'd already started slipping when he took the psychotic guy to that abandoned location and was flipping the coin with the gun to his head.

I thought it was very good. His quick decision making as Two-Face made sense with his character, too.

He was flipping with a two-headed coin though, so I saw that more as a clever intimidation tactic than anything else.

Personally, I really really enjoyed how Dent was continually juxtaposed against Batman, and then that press conference where he announces that he was Batman. It made for a nice, brief merging of the two, before they come apart again in a more extreme way.

That's a great point. I agree entirely.

I love how their different personas juxtapose against each other, too. Bruce's gregarious asshole against Harvey's noble crusader, and then it's switched with their alternate personalities.

Then there's The Joker who just shows up to fuck shit up, like David Bowie.

Don't give in! I need someone to remain unexposed like me!

If you've been reading this thread, you'd pretty much know the entire plot anyway.

It'll still scare the fucking shit out of you when you do get down to watching it though, plot knowledge or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom