666 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 07:46 AM
I wouldn't call Maiden "cheese metal". That is a term reserved for the lipstick-wearing, girlie-boys of the late 1980's, like Poison, Bon Jovi, Warrant, etc. That should not be confused with "real metal", like Metallica (well, old Metallica at least), Slayer, Iron Maiden, and others.

I was a HUGE Maiden fan in high school. I must have had like 10 shirts and 20 posters. Although I prefer Bruce Dickinson as a lead singer, I'm a bit partial to the first two albums as they're from that late 70's/early 80's New Wave of British Heavy Metal--very punk sounding. That being said, I love all their albums up through Seventh Son...they evolved in a very natural way, as opposed to Metallica's overnight sellout with The Black Album and their concession to radio-friendly song lengths. Maiden never failed to write intricate and more challenging songs, always giving you an epic or two on each record. Considering how many bands became terrible as the 80's wore on, Maiden retained their dignity, even managing to introduce synthesizers into their music without losing their edge.

The two albums released since Dickinson returned to the band in 2000, while not as overall pleasing as the classics, still sounds like the same band working in much the same way. They are still amazing in concert.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 06:46 AM
I saw them on the last tour in L.A. Hadn't seen them since the 'Piece Of Mind' tour, nor did I really listen to them over the years (was my old boyfriend's fave band). Anyways, saw the show here, and they were still pretty good. Except for the extra guitarist (non-original member) in the band. Now THAT was cheesy. Oh and Bruce fell off the riser near the drummer. He didn't get up for a while - we didn't know how hurt he was (it was maybe a 6 foot drop). I think after the show he went to the ER to be checked out, if I remember correctly. The band just kept playing while he 'came to'...

Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 AM   #18
Local Time: 03:46 PM
in my early teens, i was a blind follower of iron maiden. i got all the albuns until 7th son of a 7th son. if there was intrnet at that time i'm sure that i would spend a lot of my time looking for iron maiden stuff and downloading as i do for u2.

stranger in a strange land from iron maiden is less boring than stranger in a strange land from u2
Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:46 AM
two minutes to midnight is just an amazing song.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
Local Time: 06:46 AM
don't metal hate!
Old 07-27-2005, 07:58 PM   #21
Blue Meth Addict
Local Time: 09:46 AM
You told 'em!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 04:46 PM