6-4, 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (1-7), 6-2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i hardly ever make it a point to watch tennis, but every time I do I love it. this afternoon was no exception - Agassi's the man.

i'm definitely watching tomorrow.

is hewitt's girlfriend a babe?

Kim Clijsters? I wouldn't exactly call her a babe, for women tennis player standards she is I guess

I would say she's got average looks

Kim looks like a male version of Lleyton to me. Although at least she looks like a girl (Ahem, ahem...Mauresmo *shudder*)

Andre and Pete final?????!!!!!!

WTH? What is this? Like, 1992?

While I'm incredibly upset that that Lleyton lost, I'm incredibly excited for the final (I used incredibly twice in one sentence. Damn). Andre and Pete! Andre and Pete? Andre and Pete!!! This is amazing!

My bet's on Pete.....Andre aplayed the 4-setter, he's had less time to rest.

I may eat my words.

Ooh! I can't even say who I WANT to win...I...I *faints from excitement* If I was a puppy, I would have peed by now.

I think Agassi wins this one, he's much more likely to recover on short rest, Pete has been crushed the last two years in this situation (Safin in 2000, Hewitt in 2001)

It should be a good match, if it gets to tie breakers I think Pete's got a big chance...

Lleyton today wasn't quite there, his groundies broke down a bit and his serving percentages weren't great. I guess this means he'll be ripe to win the Australian Open next year. :wave:

his 1st serve % was hideous, and his strokes weren't very clean today, and he looked like he was fighting himself mentally most of the match, in spite of all that, he wasn't that far from winning this match if he had just played a little better on a few big points in the 1st two sets

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Kim looks like a male version of Lleyton to me.

ouch! not what I was expecting...

i'm pulling for agassi - he seems like more of a gamer these days than sampras.

and btw, how boring was the womens final?

Hello,

I personally would have liked to see no Pete Sampras in the final, but that is because I'm Dutch. ;) I didn't see much of the match between Agassi and Hewitt (as the Dutch football team also played their first qualification match for Euro 2004), but the Sampras - Schalken match was great. Superb tennis, unfortunately Sampras was a little bit better on the important points (and Schalken could not do that much against Sampras' serves).
Anyway, it's some kind of dream final. Two of the best players in the world, already in their 30s but hitting it well.

Should be interesting...

C ya!

Marty

P.S. For those wondering, the Netherlands eventually had an easy 3-0 win over Belarus.

clt: Teenage Fanclub - Everything Flows (on Uncut September 2002 CD)

I guess we shall have to see whether serve and volley prevails over baseline tennis.

For the record, Hewitt was off yesterday. That's his main problem though. With someone as small as he is, just being a little off can make all the differene. He doesn't have the big serve, the aces, to help him out.

It was a great match though.

no disk:

This is Kim Clijster -
7.jpg

1.jpg

http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/572..._27_kim_s_split_during_semis_vs_davenport.jpg
(Whoa)

http://photos.wtastarz.com/data/572/3211stanford_2002_kim_after_defeating_jankovic_qf_july_26.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom