50 worse artists...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 1985, Starship rose like a phoenix from the ashes of once-mighty psychedelic overlords Jefferson Airplane/Starship — but only if, by phoenix, you mean “ultra-lame, MTV-pandering purveyors of MOR schlock.”

:lmao:!!!

Pretty safe "worst" artist list.

Richard Marx? Starship? Vanilla Ice?

Nobody actually likes these people.

Way to go out on a limb Blender. :rolleyes:

Kansas did "Dust in the Wind"

it's safe to say they do not belong on that list.

"Carry On My Wayward Son" fecking rocks.

Oingo Boingo?

They were the house band in "Weird Science" and Back To School."

Who can forget them.

this list is ridiculous, i'm going to put it on my Top 50 List of Horrible Lists.

suck on that Blender.

Because I don't care about being cool...

I disagree with:

Toad the Wet Sprocket
The Doors
Gipsy Kings (not a big fan, but I respect)
Blind Melon
Bob Geldof (once, not a big fan, but...)
Live (first two albums were great)
Arrested Development
Primus (not a fan at all, but I have to give respect to one of the best bassists)

Eh I like Jamiroquai and The Doors...otherwise dull list.

I was half suspecting U2 to be there on it though.

Extended drum solos. Prog-rock concept albums.

... are two of the best things in music. Blender = tasteless morons.

And really, was that the best they could do? Because they obviously didn't do a very good job! How is it that crap like Good Charlotte and Blink 182 failed to make that list?

Glad to see Goo Goo Dolls getting the disrespect they deserve.

inmyplace13 said:
Glad to see Goo Goo Dolls getting the disrespect they deserve.

Agreed. That was one of the few good things about the list.

I don't think this list is meant to be taken all that seriously. I mean, I love the Doors, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape because they made the list.

I do find it very odd that Blender's Best 500 Songs Since You Were Born (songs released since 1980) included both a Whitesnake song and a Live song - two bands on the "worst bands" list. It also included songs by Journey, Britney Spears and Bon Jovi of all people. Shesh.

Bono's shades said:
I do find it very odd that Blender's Best 500 Songs Since You Were Born (songs released since 1980) included both a Whitesnake song and a Live song - two bands on the "worst bands" list. It also included songs by Journey, Britney Spears and Bon Jovi of all people. Shesh.

Hahaha... that sounds like Blender's credibility getting flushed down the tubes!

I like the Doors well enough, but anyone who says Jim Morrison is one of the greatest lyricists of all time probably never heard the immortal line "there's a killer on the road/his brain is squirming like a toad". Nice similie there, Jim.

you can't put the doors on that list, they have too many good albums, according to allmusic (on a scale of 1-5 stars), they have 1 5 star album(the doors), 2 4.5 star albums(Morrison Hotel and L.A. women), and 2 3.5 star albums(waiting for the sun, and strange days) plus a 3 star album (the soft parade). i think blender was trying to create controversy with that pick, cause it was just stupid imo.

Axver said:
Extended drum solos. Prog-rock concept albums.

... are two of the best things in music. Blender = tasteless morons.

And really, was that the best they could do? Because they obviously didn't do a very good job! How is it that crap like Good Charlotte and Blink 182 failed to make that list?

Blink 182's Enema of the State is class. I listened to it for first time in ages the other day. It's certainly improving with age.

Nothing wrong with the Goo Goo Dolls either. Sweet sounding songs. I need into get some of their albums.

Also, can anyone gimme any advice on how to get into Toad the Wet Sprocket. I know nothing of theirs, yet have heard comparisons with Dishwalla and the legendary Gin Blossoms. What were their hits? What were the lyrics like and what other bands are they comparable with?

intedomine said:

Also, can anyone gimme any advice on how to get into Toad the Wet Sprocket. I know nothing of theirs, yet have heard comparisons with Dishwalla and the legendary Gin Blossoms. What were their hits? What were the lyrics like and what other bands are they comparable with?

Get their first album, Fear. They have a greatest hits, but this album is far superior...

yertle-the-turtle said:
I like the Doors well enough, but anyone who says Jim Morrison is one of the greatest lyricists of all time probably never heard the immortal line "there's a killer on the road/his brain is squirming like a toad". Nice similie there, Jim.

Well, you can have lyrics that suck and still be a fantastic band:
Case in point: "hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me....."

Dalton said:

The doors blow. I had to go through years of extensive meditation in order to forget that they even exist, so that I could listen to another band play the hammond....

Completely agree. One of the most overrated bands evr.

Axver said:

Thank you for demonstrating your lack of taste in music that is either intelligent or technically proficient.

My apologies. I just find 20 minute drum solos to be mind numbingly monotonous and not to mention being obscenely pretentious as well. That's all.

1stepcloser said:

My apologies. I just find 20 minute drum solos to be mind numbingly monotonous and not to mention being obscenely pretentious as well. That's all.

I agree. I'll take soul and emotion over pointless displays of technical ability any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom