50 cent vs Kanye West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"I look at me and Justin like Prince and Michael Jackson in their day." :huh:

Here's hoping they both go away due to low sales.

I'd be quite happy if all three of them (Kanye, 50 Cent, and Timberlake) went away. :)

(but it's fine if other people want to listen to any or all of them. ...still...in a perfect world... )

Kanye West crushes 50 Cent in sales showdown

According to sales data issued on Tuesday by tracking firm Nielsen SoundScan, West's "Graduation" sold 957,000 copies during the six days ended September 16, while 50 Cent's "Curtis" trailed with 691,000. West also bested 50 Cent in the U.K.

emot-byewhore.gif

I don't like rap, but I'd pull for Kanye because, even though he's really arrogant and somewhat superficial, 50 Cent has those negative qualities to a larger extent, and even less talent. I remember hearing his first single on the internet before it became big, and I said, "No one's gonna fall for this simplistic, boring synth theme; it's too gradiose-sounding and dull." Boy was I wrong! Down with 50, though I hope he has a happy life, if he's well-behaved.!

I was pretty disappointed with Graduation. Kanye holds so much promise, and Stronger had me all excited - it's one of my favourite individual songs of this year - but then the rest of the album is a pretty big dive squarely into the MTV market that I think a lot of people hoped he would be able to drag people away from. 50 Cent, that style of hip-hop and every image it represents, I've never had any time for. Drags the whole genre down, specifically the reason why so many people just bag all 'rap', as he and others like him soak up all the exposure. It's why you sort of hope for something more from Kanye. He's not that, but he appeals to it. He's shown bursts of this other thing, and he's clearly smart and very aware of what he's doing and exceedingly ambitious in regards to creating something special and spreading it global, so it's a shame when in the end it's an album full of fairly average mid-tempo laddish sort of tracks you can only really imagine booming from come teenagers car in a shopping mall car park. Stronger operates somewhere outside the space-time continuum as just a great song that will last for a long time - no small thanks to Daft Punk of course, and I thought just that he was using that sort of thing was a great sign of what was to come. Not so. Still think he's hip-hops best shot for a worthy global figurehead though, someone who straddles a bit of this and that.

And if Justin Timberlake doesn't make you dance after a few drinks, you have no soul.

Muldfeld said:
I remember hearing his first single on the internet before it became big, and I said, "No one's gonna fall for this simplistic, boring synth theme; it's too gradiose-sounding and dull."

i know you're not talking about "in da club," that's one of the best straight up bangers of the last 5 years, almost entirely due to dr. dre's classic production. as far as mc's go, fiddy's pretty uncharasmatic, and wouldn't be anywhere without hot producers.

kanye's a far greater talent, but i think both graduation and late registration were both real dropoffs quality-wise from the college dropout.

that being said, "i get money" is my mah-fuckin' jam

bollox said:

kanye's a far greater talent, but i think both graduation and late registration were both real dropoffs quality-wise from the college dropout.

through the wire
never let me down
jesus walks

= genius

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom