5 you despise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toscano

Refugee
OK, what current artists are your nails-on-the-chalkboard ?

Not "I only like one or 2 of their songs" but what gets you changing the radio station faster than Pat Robertson can have a chat with the almighty ?

Allow me to offer up:

Kanye West (well, all rap actually)
Radiohead
Rage against the machine
System of a down
Bjork

I love four of those:eyebrow: I only agree with SOAD, actually even then they don't annoy me.

umm....J Lo, 50 cent, Westlife you know the usual crap...

Franz Ferdinand - yuk :madspit: James Blunt

Can't think of anyone else at the moment, but i'm sure i'll think of others

Nickleback
The guy who does that "Bad Day" song
50 Cent
Ashlee Simpson
Gwen Stefani (does it count if I like No Doubt but can't stand her solo stuff?)

Sublime
Nickelback
Aerosmith
Creed
anything related to or involving P Diddy/Puffy/Piddy/whatever-iddy

Bono's shades said:
Nickleback

I'll second those.

Daniel Powter
Nickelback
The Fray :barf:
James Blunt
Pat Green

There are quite a few more.

:ohmy: i love Mariah! I went to see her a few year back :heart:

Also think Kelly Clarkson has a brill voice and i was impressed with her attitude when i sa her on a chat show over here in Britain - so honest :love:

There's too many bands I hate to even begin making a solid list, but the following five are the first that came to mind that would make me change channels instantly:

1. 50 Cent
2. Kings Of Leon
3. Relient K
4. Blink 182
5. Nelly

Bono's shades said:
Nickleback
50 Cent
Ashlee Simpson
Gwen Stefani (does it count if I like No Doubt but can't stand her solo stuff?)

has gwen alienated her no doubt fan base with her solo work ? i used to love no doubt but her solo work pisses me off , so typical of female solo artists these days.

corianderstem said:
anything related to or involving P Diddy/Puffy/Piddy/whatever-iddy

:lmao: No love for P. Puff Diddy Daddy?

Rod Stewart
Sheryl Crow (what the hell happened to her? her first album was pretty good, and now she sucks)
Mariah Carey
Dave Matthews Band
Paul McCartney ( :reject: I've never liked him)

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Sheryl Crow (what the hell happened to her? her first album was pretty good, and now she sucks)

No kidding! Her whiny voice makes me want to throw something at my radio.

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Arctic Monkeys
James Blunt
Babyshambles/any other Pete Doherty related music project
Snow Patrol

James blunt
kanye west
rem (sorry to all you fans..)
greenday
fightstar

I wasn't going to post in this thread but I didn't want my number one to go unmentioned. Since this is about despising I won't just make a list as it's good to get the vitriol out:

1. Oasis--The devotion to these assholes never ceases to amaze me. There are so many other British bands equally capable of writing great pop songs yet have a much greater range. Blur, Supergrass, and Super Furry Animals (among others) are much more talented. What I despise them for most though is their attitude, which some people think is "cute" or "part of the act". Bullshit. You don't wish the AIDS virus on a rival band. These guys are hooligan shitbags that I wouldn't even piss on if they were on fire. Fucking thugs.

2. Bon Jovi--Juvenile cheese 20 years ago, same thing today. The most popular band of perhaps the worst genre ever produced by the music world, namely Cheese Metal. Will never get into the rock and roll hall of fame and that makes me feel good.

3. Aerosmith--The worst popular classic rock band. They appeared to get less talented as their career progressed, hiring "hitmakers" like Diane Warren and Desmond Child starting in the late 80's to write pop songs for them when they're perfectly capable of gems like Sweet Emotion or Dream On. Sad that they owe their career ressurrection to RUN-DMC and Alicia Silverstone, without whom they never would have captured the MTV audience. I actually like Steven Tyler as a person from reading interviews but I just despise their music and status in the business.

4. Dave Matthews Band--First off, I don't like when someone names a band after himself. I don't like frog-throated singers like DM, and the whole fratboy-yuppie-hippie culture surrounding this scene is so fucking lame. At least The Grateful Dead had some kind of mystique around them.

5. Coldplay--Chris Martin is a tool, for one thing. From the awful haircut to the awkward effort to run around like Bono on stage to the wispy, milquetoast vocal delivery. People call U2 corporate rock, but this is Lame White Guy music if I ever heard it. Bland and soulless. And oh yeah, having your frontman spend half the time behind a piano is NOT rock and roll. There are certainly worse bands, but these guys get WAY too much attention. They are not even close to being U2's heirs, as there is no spark or fire displaying the passion required to come anywhere near that level. Pussies.

lazarus said:
I wasn't going to post in this thread but I didn't want my number one to go unmentioned. Since this is about despising I won't just make a list as it's good to get the vitriol out:

1. Oasis--The devotion to these assholes never ceases to amaze me. There are so many other British bands equally capable of writing great pop songs yet have a much greater range. Blur, Supergrass, and Super Furry Animals (among others) are much more talented. What I despise them for most though is their attitude, which some people think is "cute" or "part of the act". Bullshit. You don't wish the AIDS virus on a rival band. These guys are hooligan shitbags that I wouldn't even piss on if they were on fire. Fucking thugs.

5. Coldplay--Chris Martin is a tool, for one thing. From the awful haircut to the awkward effort to run around like Bono on stage to the wispy, milquetoast vocal delivery. People call U2 corporate rock, but this is Lame White Guy music if I ever heard it. Bland and soulless. And oh yeah, having your frontman spend half the time behind a piano is NOT rock and roll. There are certainly worse bands, but these guys get WAY too much attention. They are not even close to being U2's heirs, as there is no spark or fire displaying the passion required to come anywhere near that level. Pussies.

Love em both....Oasis are one of the most real and honest bands out there

The bass player from Manic Street Preachers once said in the early 90's that he hoped "Michael Stipe went to the same place as Freddie Mercury."

Who did Oasis say it about?

Fall Out Boy

Panic of the Disco

Rap Music of today (2pac, biggie, Eazy-E, Ice Cube are good and Bone Thugs N Harmony are awesome)

SOAD!!! I hate them!!!!

Creed

1. Nickelback - Has contributed nothing positive to the industry.

2. Keane - I don't understand the U2 comparisons; every song I've heard of theirs is boring and forgettable.

3. Bon Jovi - Overkill on the "whoa-whoa" guitar effects, and shallow, repetitive lyrics, imho.

4. The "emo" bands - I won't touch them with a ten foot pole. (ie. Dashboard, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, etc)

5. Creed - No explanation needed.

- Arctic Monkeys
- ANY of these shitty indie bands that keep popping up that play exactly the same songs with exactly the same beat - Forward Russia being the latest to be spat from the womb.
- My Chemical Romance and the entire emo band scene. Burn these people. Seriously, they're doing nothing but making middle class, well-off spoilt children with guitars think that their lives aren't worth living and that everything's a bitter struggle.
- Oasis. Morons. Their attitude is just gobsmacking. I will admit to liking a handful of songs but it's the way they go on as if they're the greatest band in the world that never ceases to amaze me, i can't believe how many times they've gone about how fantastic they are and how shit other bands are. Blur anyday.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers. Every song sounds the fucking same...

uhhh...

I can't believe I'm the first to mention the Pussy Cat Dolls....

Actually any of these new "artists" who have set the president that being a whore will sell albums make me want to kill myself:

Beyonce
Ashley
Jessica
Lindsey
JLO
Paris (haven't even heard any of her "music" but you have got to be kidding me)
Britney
Ciara
The list goes on...

Special shout out goes out to Kevin Federline for being a sure sign of Armageddon...

I know I have listed more than five but since technically if you were to add the combined "talents" of the above list it would possibly make one actual talented person. And sell allot of Pepsi.... and probably cause the universe to collapse.

I have too many to list, I could go on for days.
So I'll do some genres and the usual suspects.

1. Butt Rock
Laz called it Cheese Metal, whatever you want to call it, it's the worst abomination in the history of recorded music, no questions asked.
2. Hip Hop
I'm not talking about rap here, I'm not talking about R&B singers who can actually sing or perform. I'm talking about this as the new pop music, should be pretty self explanatory to Americans.
Just awful talentless hacks feigning creativity.
3. R&B since about 1995
Okay, now I'm talking about R&B. I couldn't name two artists who premeired after 1995 I have any respect for. I don't what else to say here, it's just like hip-hop with slightly more talent and just as much lack of creativity.
4. Emo-Punk, what the fuck ever it's called
Blink 182 and that crowd, just atrocious. They wouldn't know punk if it bit them on the ass, fuck em all.
5. Southern Rock
Nasty, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the whole gang, just uninspired bubba rock.
6. 70's Arena cock rock
Kiss is the poster child, Boston and countless others, REO, Styx fucking abominations.
7. Post Grunge
Would be higher but they were apeing some great bands, so there was some residual decency. Other than that, I hope they all crash like Poison did. Creed, Godsmack, fuck you know who they are and there are tons of them.
8. Post Post Grunge
Seether, Nickelback. Pretty much the hard rock of TODAY. Awful.
9. Nu-Metal (The rap faction)
Korn, Limp Bizkit, the list could go on and on. A few decent bands (Deftones and maybe they shouldn't be in this genre) but mostly it took a brilliant sound pioneered by Faith No More and Rage Against The Machine (amongst others) and bastardized it. Lame as can be.
10. Almost all Country since about 1990
the Garth Brooks big hat and pretty shirt syndrome. It all sucks.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
^:lol: So basically anything but contemporary and alternative rock?

:wink:

Nah, I know you're joking but I am pretty open minded outside of the typical fluff. If it's bluegrass or death metal or straight up soul music.

I will stand by #1-I hate that shit with the fire of a thousand suns. The whole genre, I can't find anything at all I like about it.
And no, GnR was not part of that sect, in my book.

I heard a Leann Rimes song the other day I thought was good, so I guess I don't hate all country since 1990 :wink:

Just generalizing for the fun of it, really.

gareth brown said:
Forward Russia

I don't really agree with the rest of your post but i agree with this. Forward,Russia are just fucking appalling. I don't think i've ever seen the NME give a bad word to this band. Unbelievable. I saw them support Editors last July and they were abysmal.

:mad:

1stepcloser said:

I don't really agree with the rest of your post but i agree with this. Forward,Russia are just fucking appalling. I don't think i've ever seen the NME give a bad word to this band. Unbelievable. I saw them support Editors last July and they were abysmal.

:mad:

NME dont count no more , they went down hill since the 90's.

I agree with you peeps indie is all the same and its all shit . its for young teenagers like myself who think these bands are amazing . LISTEN TO ROCK , thats what i say.

wish indie music would die lol.

my rant lol

hate NME lol.

I agree with ALMOST everything said here...
I despise:

1) most of the actual (since 1999 till now) mainstream music, MTV shitty music (can I call it music?)
2) american present bands and solo singers, actually, most of the american-type-radio-friendly all kinds of music
3) most of the post 00's bands: The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys (nobody knows how I hate them...), The killers, Snow Patrol, Keane, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs... in fact, I think that the new bands aren't bringing anything new (Coldplay included with it's souless and meaningless songs) to the music history. It's just about take what's been made in the previous decades, mix it well, and add the 00's production.

Back
Top Bottom