5 you despise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aygo said:
3) most of the post 00's bands: The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys (nobody knows how I hate them...), The killers, Snow Patrol, Keane, Interpol, Kaiser Chiefs... in fact, I think that the new bands aren't bringing anything new (Coldplay included with it's souless and meaningless songs) to the music history. It's just about take what's been made in the previous decades, mix it well, and add the 00's production.

so very true.

I agree 100% on the Killers. They absolutely blow.
Liked the RHCP when they first came out, but they have been pretty much singing the same song for over a decade.
James Blunt induces violent vomiting for myself.
Dave Matthews-I run for the hills and cover.
But for the love of god, Nickelback takes the cake. They make Bon Jovi sound like the Velvet Underground. They really scare me and should be outlawed.

1stepcloser said:
Forward,Russia are just fucking appalling. I don't think i've ever seen the NME give a bad word to this band.

Haha, but it's important to note that the NME rarely bad-mouth a popular new band. They like to be seen to be leading the way in what's hot so will hype up any band that gets the thumbs-up from people in an attempt to look like they're the ones who started it all.

Example, The Arctic Monkeys...the amount of paper the NME waste on this band is a disgrace and the fact they put their debut album in the top fucking TEN of Greatest ever Bristish Albums before it was even released saying it had 'Balls' is a load of crap and anyone seen to disagree is just brushed off as if they don't "get" what's so good about them.

gareth brown said:

Haha, but it's important to note that the NME rarely bad-mouth a popular new band. They like to be seen to be leading the way in what's hot so will hype up any band that gets the thumbs-up from people in an attempt to look like they're the ones who started it all.

Example, The Arctic Monkeys...the amount of paper the NME waste on this band is a disgrace and the fact they put their debut album in the top fucking TEN of Greatest ever Bristish Albums before it was even released saying it had 'Balls' is a load of crap and anyone seen to disagree is just brushed off as if they don't "get" what's so good about them.

One of my mates actually wrote a letter into NME and got it published. He spoke about how he thought Arctic Monkeys were shit and overrated and all of that and the editor just wrote something back about how my mate knew nothing and how Arctic Monkeys are the most important band for years.

The funny thing about Forward, Russia is that they aren't even popular and they never will be. You can mark my words on that. They haven't got one catchy song. You won't catch them on Top Of The Pops.

However i do actually like indie music, i go to indie clubs most weeks. I like hearing short snappy 3 minute indie songs. I don't think there is anything wrong with them at all. Obviously the NME give more hype than is necessary to a lot of bands but i'd hate it if all my favourite bands tried to write their own Paranoid Androids for each song on each album. As long as bands make good music i couldn't care less about 'pushing musical boundries'.

Turn on MTV. Make note of the first five artists that appear.

There you go.

i can think of way more than 5, so here's 5 that begin with the letter "c".

creed
coil
coheed & cambria
courtney love
celine dion

(yes, those last two count)

On a positive note, I do think there are some young bands out there making some great music like Sigur Ros and The Arcade Fire.

GibsonGirl said:
Turn on MTV. Make note of the first five artists that appear.

There you go.

:up:

Although if Green Day show up, they don't count. Cos I liked their last album.

in europe well for me anyway MTV1 doesnt show music , its full of punk'd and other fads.

ok, I googled him up
he looks like a cross of Napoleon Dynamite & Tom Cruise
novembre.james.blaunt.jpg

elevation2u said:
ok, I googled him up
he looks like a cross of Napoleon Dynamite & Tom Cruise
novembre.james.blaunt.jpg

To bad he wouldn't walk over to the trains and lay down across the tracks :madspit: :mad:

1>. NICKLEBACK -I loathe this band

2>. NIRVANA - I was one of the very few that "didn't get these guys".

3>. Coldplay - I'll probably get flamed on this one but I don't think they are a good garage band.

4>. Creed - Never, ever liked them.

Last but not least and talk about going to get flamed on this one................

5>. Rolling Stones - I always thought that these guys were so over rated, while bands like the Kinks and The Who always took second stage to them. Another band I just don't see why they were so popular.

lazarus said:
I wasn't going to post in this thread but I didn't want my number one to go unmentioned. Since this is about despising I won't just make a list as it's good to get the vitriol out:

1. Oasis--The devotion to these assholes never ceases to amaze me. There are so many other British bands equally capable of writing great pop songs yet have a much greater range. Blur, Supergrass, and Super Furry Animals (among others) are much more talented. What I despise them for most though is their attitude, which some people think is "cute" or "part of the act". Bullshit. You don't wish the AIDS virus on a rival band. These guys are hooligan shitbags that I wouldn't even piss on if they were on fire. Fucking thugs.

2. Bon Jovi--Juvenile cheese 20 years ago, same thing today. The most popular band of perhaps the worst genre ever produced by the music world, namely Cheese Metal. Will never get into the rock and roll hall of fame and that makes me feel good.

3. Aerosmith--The worst popular classic rock band. They appeared to get less talented as their career progressed, hiring "hitmakers" like Diane Warren and Desmond Child starting in the late 80's to write pop songs for them when they're perfectly capable of gems like Sweet Emotion or Dream On. Sad that they owe their career ressurrection to RUN-DMC and Alicia Silverstone, without whom they never would have captured the MTV audience. I actually like Steven Tyler as a person from reading interviews but I just despise their music and status in the business.

4. Dave Matthews Band--First off, I don't like when someone names a band after himself. I don't like frog-throated singers like DM, and the whole fratboy-yuppie-hippie culture surrounding this scene is so fucking lame. At least The Grateful Dead had some kind of mystique around them.

5. Coldplay--Chris Martin is a tool, for one thing. From the awful haircut to the awkward effort to run around like Bono on stage to the wispy, milquetoast vocal delivery. People call U2 corporate rock, but this is Lame White Guy music if I ever heard it. Bland and soulless. And oh yeah, having your frontman spend half the time behind a piano is NOT rock and roll. There are certainly worse bands, but these guys get WAY too much attention. They are not even close to being U2's heirs, as there is no spark or fire displaying the passion required to come anywhere near that level. Pussies.

Amazing. I completely agree with everything you said.

Back
Top Bottom