5 stars threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popmartijn said:
I think that's exactly what Zoney was implying and I agree with it.
Interference is a community and it has its groups (cliques) and intricate relationships. It is thus advisable to try, at first, not to overstep your boundaries and upset these relationships.
It's like real life, but then on a computer screen.

:nerd:

Yes, I agree that you should practice Netiquette :nerd: and keep in mind these issues. Sometimes, these groups can become petty and upset the community though. Resulting in a rise of bickering as pointed out earlier in this thread.

Whatever, I'm not trying to start an Interference crusade :lol: I do miss U2 chat though.

MissMaCo :flirt: I just noticed your location... north west coast of France? Really? Is it as romantic a place as I'm picturing in my mind? :love:

:wink:

If by cliques we're talking about a group of friends, then I guess I'm in a clique. That doesn't mean I don't like to post in threads in a lot of different forums...or that our little "group" is in anyway exclusive or rude to new people.

When someone rates the describe thread 1 star (and of course they're people who don't actually post in it), I rate it 5 stars. Because I think it's a friendly thread, doesn't pick on anyone, helps people get to know each other, etc. I know some people think it's a menace to society what with the way it completely takes up all the space in LS and physically prevents people from creating other good threads, so the 1 star rating is understandable.

I don't really understand the need to be rude to new people or the people no one likes...even if they deserve it, why not just ignore it? (for instance you may now be tempted to put me on your ignore list :happy: )

Anyway I do think that we'd be better without the rating system...but it doesn't matter.

I think VG is quite right :up:
but it's sometimes difficult to ignore people who act like stalkers and in the threads we post ourselves. Not that I feel like a Bono :hmm:

VertigoGal said:
When someone rates the describe thread 1 star (and of course they're people who don't actually post in it), I rate it 5 stars.
When someone rates the Randoom thread 5 stars, I rate it one star. :evil:

I think the thread rating is stupid, too. When I first noticed it I would read the one-star threads to see where it went wrong, or the five-star ones to see what was so great, but lately I've noticed the usage has been mostly sarcastic. :shrug: It might just be the forums I read.

and again...back on topic. this isn't a thread to flirt with chicks or talk about underwear.

you guys have your own chat threads. stay in those and stop derailing other ones. :|

I´ll talk about underwear if i feel like it. Underwear have been an ongoing theme in this thread.
If nobody complained then what´s the problem ?

Ask the thread starter if she minds, and then you can tell me what not to discuss in this thread.

Last edited:
so why can't we talk about underwear again?

i'm confused, it was ok in the first few pages and last time i checked the thread was started by MissMaCo so if she's happy to let the thread be derailed towards, if we're honest, more entertaining topics, then let it be derailed (and by the people who were here from the beginning may i point out)

its not like anyones barged in on page 10 and derailed the thread, these guys were here from the beginning talking about underwear then, so it really is their thread too.

drama out of a silly pair of silver underpants :sigh:

Sly Stallone said:
I´ll talk about underwear if i feel like it. Underwear have been an ongoing theme in this thread.
If nobody complained then what´s the problem ?

Ask the thread starter if she minds, and then you can tell me what not to discuss in this thread.
uhhh.....no. when a mod tells you to stop something, it's in your best interests to stop doing it.

like i said, you lot have a pre-existing chat thread; i don't see the need for a second one here just so you can talk about underwear. it's stupid. it's one thing for something like a birthday thread to be derailed but this was a somewhat serious topic.

i'm not going to ask again because i doubt you'll listen (i just love when members hide behind an alter and say shit they probably wouldn't say under their normal alias) so i'll just close this. i think it's derailed too much for the original topic to continue anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom