5 - # of Straya threads or # of times Melbourne has been crowned world's best city

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did, and I can't fathom how that happened because there's literally no $3.15 fare, so that's on you.

(That said, as much as I like Opal, it's not as good as Myki; there's been a couple of times where I've had to scan my ticket two or three times, and when the gates go down on a fortnightly basis the city STOPS.)

It was a joke, I was making a societal comment on how expensive opal is.

I don't use myki unless I have to get on a train. So easy to fare evade

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wait stop the presses SOMEBODY SAID SOMETHING NICE ABOUT MYKI

THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

I don't know how to handle this development.

Oh, fair enough - Opal is really good if you're a working person making more than two trips a day, it's pointless if you're a tourist. And of course, because our government is horribly inefficient, they hired a ton of transit officers to fine people who get slugged by the increased per-trip price, so they then get fines and things get circular and stupid.

Myki works, so kudos to them.

But Myki is also fucking useless if you aren't a working person who travels 2+ times a day. When my mum and stepdad were in town last month, we drove everywhere because to use Myki they would've both had to spend $10 or whatever it is to buy Myki cards on top of buying credit for the cards, and then couldn't have got refunds on the cards or unused credit once they left three days later. Awful system. At least most overseas smartcard systems offer the ability to return the card and get back unused credit and the purchase price.

A dramatic 'kids arrested at the airport' scoop today. ISIS, fear, death cult. Tony and co must be having a very rough week to pull this one out again. They probably think it will win them the election. It might. Nothing else will.

Last edited:
Kid Named Isis Arrested at Airport; Tony Abbott Press Conference at 11 (Flags, Also O'Clock)

I wouldn't be surprised if they just invented it out of whole cloth; it's not like Blockhead Dutton is going to reveal any details or names.

Remember, this government doesn't comment on on-water matters.

Everywhere, by the way, is now on-water. We're girt by sea, after all.

Fuck off. I can't believe they're seriously discussing imposing it on all purchases rather than just lowering the threshold. I wouldn't be surprised if the costs of collecting GST on these purchases outweighs the money collected!

Oh well, let's enjoy an online buying binge through to the end of June 2017.

Wait, wait, wait. They've failed to remove GST from female hygiene products.

So I guess they remain luxury goods.

FUCK OFF.

There shouldn't be a GST, period. It's an incredibly regressive tax, the need for which could be quite well ameliorated by soaking the rich just a tiny little bit more.

How would he know what other people think? Nobody wants to be in the same room as him!

Out in struggle street, the cabbies tell Mark what's what. He's like a sort of cabbie-whisperer, if you will. The only things that matter in this country are real estate and stopping the terrusts.

Last edited:
Border Force is a federal agency, but it was to be in co-operation with the Victorian police, PTV inspectors, etc. I can't fathom what motivated the state agencies to agree to be part of this.

Back
Top Bottom