5 new Coldplay songs from March 4 gig!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
eh....

you know, I'm really routing for them, because God knows there aren't enough good bands out there....but after listening to the new songs only once, I'm kind of disappointed.

they're just so predictable....and some of it is downright boring.

the parts I found myself liking were they most U2-ish moments, like the guitar parts and synth parts.

I'll give it a chance but I'm not blown away on first listen.

I was going to post this show too!!! Dragonfave you beat me to it. Good post and great show. Oh well, I will post the coldplay max session from australia instead. It is zipped using .rar, there is a weird sound for about a second during yellow, it is an acoustic show, but no new songs - the show was recorded a few years back. enjoy!!!

http://s9.y o u s e n d i t .com/d.aspx?id=266WOLP6XGBNY2NKEV79HHZVRO

Kev

White Shadows sounds like the closest thing to copying Edges guitar sound I have heard:)

Just heard the whole gig, it's really funny how Chris Martin does the whole The Scientist video singing backward.

I found these the other day at coldplaying.com...like someone else already said, I found the new songs to be pretty disappointing. :|

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge coldplay fan, but the new songs just haven't done anything for me yet. I'm not liking Chris Martin's melodies so far and I'm finding the snyth pretty annoying.

But I'm sure that when the album comes out and I can actually hear the layers of music, I'll love it. I think I'm having a little case of "not what I expected" like with HTDAAB. I've been hearing on and on how there are supposed to be upbeat dance type songs and a move from the traditional coldplay "sound." Maybe those tracks are some that we haven't heard yet..

You can probably tell from my username that I'm a major Coldplay fan.

The new songs sound great and I believe 'X&Y' will be their best yet.

June 7 in the States.

Back
Top Bottom