5 Must-See Concerts Before You Die! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-15-2008, 03:22 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:25 PM
My top 5 (excluding u2) would be:

pink floyd
bruce springsteen
neil young
iron maiden

thankfully i've seen 4 of them, plus waters and gilmour solo. now if only the floyd could reform for one last sha-bang....

Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
From: Five Must-See Concerts Before You Die - Starpulse Entertainment News Blog

Five Must-See Concerts Before You Die

Picture this scenario: you're on your deathbed, all of your finances are in order and amends have been made in every single one of your personal relationships. Something is wrong though; something keeps persistently gnawing at your emotions of regret until you realize that, as a fan of Rock and Roll, there were too many missed opportunities throughout your life. Too many nights, watching concerts from the latest fad, instead of seeing the true greats of arena history. If only you could go back in time, perhaps forgo that night wasted on The Spin Doctors and trade that experience for a night with one of the legends listed below.

Well, there is still time. This is why, call it our moral duty, to present to you the five concerts you need to see before you die.

5. Pearl Jam

4. Paul McCartney

3. Led Zeppelin

2. U2

1. Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band

Story by Mike Ryan

So, who would be your 5 Must-See? From this list, I only missed Led Zeppelin, and that's because they were planning to tour in 1980, and then Bonham died. I saw Robert Plant back in the 80s and Jimmy Page with the Black Crowes much later, but never Led Zeppelin...

Not sure what my list would be
Lets see, I've seen:
#5 Pearl Jam 20 times
#4 McCartney twice
#3 Led Zeppelin zero, but I saw Page & Plant once and Plant solo 5 times
#2 U2 22 times
#1 Bruce & E Street 8 times, plus Bruce solo once and with the "other band" once

My top 5 would be similar, but I'd have to throw The Who in there, probably in place of Macca, and reshuffle the order a bit.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #18
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:25 AM
Not in any order:
Led Zepplin
Elton John
Bon Jovi - (my closet group)
Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
I've seen U2, Bruce, and Paul McCartney and I have to agree with all of those. I would have added Pavarotti before he died (obviously)-I never saw him and I sure wish I did. I don't know who else. I don't shell out money for concerts all that often and there's no one I could really say is a must- I've seen Elton John and Elvis Costello and Tori Amos and others. Maybe YoYo Ma the cellist, I've seen him and it was amazing.

Of the three the must for me would be Bruce and the E Street Band-if you haven't seen him before you die well you just deserve to die
Old 07-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
love, blood, life
Seen PJ, U2 and Bruce and would obviously go again for all of them, but while I love Springsteen, U2 are a far superior live act, and not just because of the technology and showmanship. Only one on there left for me is Paul McCartney.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Ugh, no kidding. I saw her a handful of times, last time I saw her was her Strange Little Girls tour. She always puts on a fascinating show, but oh my GOD, I usually wanted to smack at least half the audience.

Shut UP. You do not need to scream at every other word out of her mouth. We know you love her but she is just a person, not some god from up above come down to enlighten us all with pearls of truth and wisdom.
I've seen her 8 or 10 times and have honestly never had this experience. Each time I saw her you could hear a pin drop throughout each song. I often had The Dancing Girls in front of me, though--you know, the two girls that stand up and dance when everyone else is sitting down. But I get seem to get them at every show. I didn't see any faerie costumes at the last show either, which was a most welcomed change.

I think I've seen just about everyone I really, really want to see. I'd love to see Madonna, but not enough to pay what she asks (unless I had it, of course). I guess at this point it's mostly The Verve.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
Each time I saw her you could hear a pin drop throughout each song.
Oh yeah, the first few times I saw her were like that, and it was awesome. Then fans started shrieking at every other line she sang, and screaming at every "hello" she uttered between songs. Blerg.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 AM   #23
Local Time: 12:25 AM
I wish I'd seen Paul Colman Trio before they split up.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #24
War Child
Local Time: 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow View Post
utada hikaru- actually i just want to marry her, but i'll settle for a concert
I love 'Heart Station' and 'Exodus'...next time she tours Japan/China/HK I'll hop on a plane from Melbourne and meet you there!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #25
my tops after u2 would be:

primus (old favorite, and when they tour now they still are great)
flaming lips
beck (beck + flaming lips one of the best shows i've ever seen)

those at top of the list i haven't seen:
pink floyd
Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 PM   #26
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Of the list, I've seen U2 and McCartney. Springsteen would've been great, especially his Born in the USA tour. I'm not as into Pearl Jam or Zeppelin.

I'd love to see Pink Floyd, The Police (or just Sting), Coldplay, Van Halen (with Hagar...I know, I know), The Doors (if it was 1971 or so).

I'll be seeing Elton John in September. A big name is actually coming to the sticks to play!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
I've seen U2 (8), Neil Young (7), Pearl Jam (5), Grateful Dead (13), The Rolling Stones (2), The Who (1), The Clash (1), R.E.M. (4), Paul McCartney (1), Pink Floyd (1), Tom Petty (1), The Tragically Hip (10), Tom Waits (1), The Replacements (1), Elvis Costello (2), Peter Gabriel (1), Yes (1), Supertramp (3), Genesis (1), Echo and the Bunnymen (1), Bob Dylan (3) , The Stranglers (1), Public Enemy (2) KISS (2) etc. etc. etc.
Regret never having seen Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix or Janis Joplin or the Byrds for that matter...and let's not forget Bruce Springsteen or Elton John. Even though it would be impossible unless they invent time travel in my lifetime my top 5 would have to be as follows...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:19 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
Of the artists I have yet to see live:

1. Bruce
2. R.E.M.
3. Tom Petty
4. Milli Vanilli
5. Radiohead
Old 07-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #29
The Fly
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Of the artists I have yet to see live:
4. Milli Vanilli

Bought a ticket for Stevie Wonder today, the guy hasn't toured Australia since the 80s or something. Really looking forward to that.

Otherwise.. uh.. hm.. lists are difficult.

concerts, u2