5 most wanted Great Villains in the Next Batman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

officeman120

The Fly
The epic Batman saga grossed US$75.6 million in its second weekend in theaters, pushing its domestic total to US$314,245,000. That surpasses the record set in 2006 by "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," which took 16 days to make $300 million. It is great.:applaud:
So what great villains do you want to see in the next batman movie?:hmm:
Here is a list for the 5 most wanted Great Villains in the Next Batman Movie:
5 most wanted Great Villains in the Next Batman

What Batman villains do I want to see in the next movie? Hmmm.

In no particular order...

NSW
LemonMacPhisto
Lazarus
Corianderstem
Deep

That would be one fucked up rogues gallery...

I've been getting my costume fit, too, so it all works out.

frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg

My biggest knock on the Batman movies is they reuse the same villains. Enough with Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two Face and so on. Bring us villains we haven't seen on screen before.

Fuck this idea of realism in the current series and bring some more exotic characters in.

It will never happen but they need to bring in Clayface. :up:

Yeah, actually I agree. Clayface is one bad motherfucker.

If they could get him and his story done as well as it was done in the Animated Series, I would be down.

Fuck this idea of realism in the current series

Batman & Robin II would be so baller.

Personally, I don't think they should change a thing about the series, but if they're going to add in "exotic" characters, they had better damn well avoid cheesy CGI and one-dimensional villains that are there simply because they look cool. That's what other comic book films do, not Batman. I love that the villains they "recycle" actually have depth.

My biggest knock on the Batman movies is they reuse the same villains. Enough with Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, Two Face and so on. Bring us villains we haven't seen on screen before.

Fuck this idea of realism in the current series and bring some more exotic characters in.

It will never happen but they need to bring in Clayface. :up:

We've had two different franchises and only two reocurring villians. Joker and Two Face. There's something to be said for the fact that some villians have bigger roles in Batman's story than others, and the fact that some just won't work well on the big screen.

Clayface would absolutely ruin this franchise. :down: This isn't Spiderman.

Batman & Robin II would be so baller.

Personally, I don't think they should change a thing about the series, but if they're going to add in "exotic" characters, they had better damn well avoid cheesy CGI and one-dimensional villains that are there simply because they look cool. That's what other comic book films do, not Batman. I love that the villains they "recycle" actually have depth.

There isn't anything wrong with exotic characters. You mention B&R. Mr. Freeze is one of the more interesting DC villains. A good screenwriter, actor and director can make it worth while. I think the current series should go deep into the villain pool like they did with the first movie. Show us something new.

There isn't anything wrong with exotic characters. You mention B&R. Mr. Freeze is one of the more interesting DC villains. A good screenwriter, actor and director can make it worth while. I think the current series should go deep into the villain pool like they did with the first movie. Show us something new.

No, you're right, there's nothing inherently wrong with digging back into the past and finding something "new". However, your example, Clayface, would not work with Nolan's interpretation of Batman IMO. If you are including a change in director in on this suggestion, then perhaps.

I liked some of the choices in that article posted at the beginning of the thread.

We've had two different franchises and only two reocurring villians. Joker and Two Face. There's something to be said for the fact that some villians have bigger roles in Batman's story than others, and the fact that some just won't work well on the big screen.

Clayface would absolutely ruin this franchise. :down: This isn't Spiderman.

Three franchises as the 1966 film should be included. That would make five reoccuring characters.

I think Clayface would be amazing with the dark tone of this series. It would totally blow the fans away.

Have you seen The Dark Knight yet, Screw?

What Nolan does best out of anyone who's attempted to adapt Batman to the screen is capture the spirit of the material without having to be 100% faithful to it. He uses his artistic license to make the film he wants to make without betraying the characters themselves. So what if this Joker didn't fall into a vat of chemicals? He's still pretty much how I pictured The Joker in real life (although mixed a little with Nicholson's more humorous representation). I mean, in the end, no film adaptation will be perfect if you worship the source material... something does get lost in the translation, but a nice change is always welcome.

I think Mr. Freeze's story would've made a terrific film if it wasn't in the abortion that was Batman & Robin... same with The Riddler in Batman Forever, but they were handled incredibly poorly, in my humble opinion.

Clayface, Man-Bat, Dr. Strange, Deathstrike the Terminator, Blackmask... these are all cool villains in the comics, but only a handful can transfer well to fit Nolan's vision of the character. From what he's done with this series in only two films, I'm ready to accept whatever he and his gang of awesome people throw at me.

Back
Top Bottom