5 most wanted Great Villains in the Next Batman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a rough idea of what I'd do with the next movie. It would revolve around the idea of masks and roles. The police hunt Batman while he pursues The Joker. He thinks he has found The Joker. Instead he finds Joker's dead body under a blood stained Harley Quinn. He takes her back to the Batcave and questions her only to realize The Joker's ideas of chaos and insane mind lives on in her. At the same time an actor goes mad when he loses his role in a film and kills people while acting as the main villain, mask and all (basically the origin of the first Clayface.) Batman lets Harley Quinn go for fear of taking out the revenge he had for Joker out on her. Unfortunately, she can't escape that she will always play the role of villain. She starts to complete the the terror Joker started. Clayface begins to mutilate himself unsure of who he is anymore. He is captured by the police and taken to Arkham Asylum. There he is experimented on by prison doctors. Batman finds Harley Quinn and is forced to kill her. In a moment of irony, a blood stained Batman stands over her just as she stood over The Joker. He realizes that he is as much a force of destruction of death as the villains he must fight. He looks to the sky to see a makeshift Bat signal. He finds the police station being savagely assaulted by a mutating Clayface. The two battle as Clayface's mutations are killing him. In his final moments, Batman takes mercy on him and ends his life. Batman is a force of good even in such a dark world. The film ends at Arkham where something is looking at a bat outside a prison window. The bat flies away and the screen turns to black as a loud, heavy flapping is heard.

I hope it's a Marvel crossover and features Sandman. We all know how everyone and their mother loved Spider-Man 3.

The key, to me, is to continue the more realistic approach. It's much better, in my opinion.

The four villains so far were pretty fucking good: Ra's al Guhl (sp?), Scarecrow, The Joker, and Two-Face.

This is a rough idea of what I'd do with the next movie. It would revolve around the idea of masks and roles. The police hunt Batman while he pursues The Joker. He thinks he has found The Joker. Instead he finds Joker's dead body under a blood stained Harley Quinn. He takes her back to the Batcave and questions her only to realize The Joker's ideas of chaos and insane mind lives on in her. At the same time an actor goes mad when he loses his role in a film and kills people while acting as the main villain, mask and all (basically the origin of the first Clayface.) Batman lets Harley Quinn go for fear of taking out the revenge he had for Joker out on her. Unfortunately, she can't escape that she will always play the role of villain. She starts to complete the the terror Joker started. Clayface begins to mutilate himself unsure of who he is anymore. He is captured by the police and taken to Arkham Asylum. There he is experimented on by prison doctors. Batman finds Harley Quinn and is forced to kill her. In a moment of irony, a blood stained Batman stands over her just as she stood over The Joker. He realizes that he is as much a force of destruction of death as the villains he must fight. He looks to the sky to see a makeshift Bat signal. He finds the police station being savagely assaulted by a mutating Clayface. The two battle as Clayface's mutations are killing him. In his final moments, Batman takes mercy on him and ends his life. Batman is a force of good even in such a dark world. The film ends at Arkham where something is looking at a bat outside a prison window. The bat flies away and the screen turns to black as a loud, heavy flapping is heard.

So basically, a female Joker-lite? Ugh. No thanks.

And LOL, Batman would let her go because he's scared he would kill her? How would that work?

"Harley Quinn, you're coming with me... actually, it's best if I let you go. BBL."

Alright, the best part of this new series for me is Batman's relationship with Gordon, which looks like it'll be off the hook in the next film. Also, Harley Quinn is useless without The Joker in the picture... killing him in the beginning would be no different than him dying at the end of TDK... that's also one of the things Nolan's done right in this series. Plus, how do any of these actions or events tie directly into Bruce's struggle to be Batman? Begins tackles fear, TDK is about being the hero that he needs to be, and this is about him discovering he's a force of death? That idea was addressed in TDK, too. It's interesting for a one-off comic, but nothing I would pay to see. Who would you have write/direct this interpretation of Batman? David Lynch?

The key, to me, is to continue the more realistic approach. It's much better, in my opinion.

The four villains so far were pretty fucking good: Ra's al Guhl (sp?), Scarecrow, The Joker, and Two-Face.

And the continued mob presence in both films was totally awesome and welcome, that was present in Burton's Batman, but not to as great of a degree as Nolan's films.

Thanks, LMP! I approve of your casting.

Purrrrrfect. :)

So basically, a female Joker-lite? Ugh. No thanks.

And LOL, Batman would let her go because he's scared he would kill her? How would that work?

"Harley Quinn, you're coming with me... actually, it's best if I let you go. BBL."

Harley Quinn is a character that could be really defined and explored on screen. She is far more than than a lighter version of Joker.

Actually a lot of heroes will try to distance themselves from hurting others. That's part of what makes them human.

Alright, the best part of this new series for me is Batman's relationship with Gordon, which looks like it'll be off the hook in the next film. Also, Harley Quinn is useless without The Joker in the picture... killing him in the beginning would be no different than him dying at the end of TDK... that's also one of the things Nolan's done right in this series. Plus, how do any of these actions or events tie directly into Bruce's struggle to be Batman? Begins tackles fear, TDK is about being the hero that he needs to be, and this is about him discovering he's a force of death? That idea was addressed in TDK, too. It's interesting for a one-off comic, but nothing I would pay to see. Who would you have write/direct this interpretation of Batman? David Lynch?

At this point it should be less about Bruce's struggle and more about Batman's struggle. The Joker basically represents the chaos Batman holds inside. Everyone wants Batman to get him but by depriving him of that the audience feels his let down and confusion. Unable to deal with the representation of the chaos inside it becomes about the wall holding that inside. Batman is basically that wall.

At this point it should be less about Bruce's struggle and more about Batman's struggle. The Joker basically represents the chaos Batman holds inside. Everyone wants Batman to get him but by depriving him of that the audience feels his let down and confusion. Unable to deal with the representation of the chaos inside it becomes about the wall holding that inside. Batman is basically that wall.

I understand what you're saying, and it's one of the main themes in TDK... again, have you seen that yet?

It deals with Bruce trying to accept his place as the savior of Gotham, and the effect his symbolism has on the city. That balance between being that symbol and keeping his moral ground is the struggle, you're right, but why make two films that address the same thing?

I've been getting my costume fit, too, so it all works out.

frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg
you gonna show it off on the joan rivers show?

Harley Quinn is a character that could be really defined and explored on screen. She is far more than than a lighter version of Joker.

Actually a lot of heroes will try to distance themselves from hurting others. That's part of what makes them human.
Yeah but she is nothing without The Joker. And what you've described is only reminding me of terrible sequels like Saw IV, Son of the Mask and American Psycho 2.

And yes, I get what you're saying about letting them go, but do you really think people are going to buy that Batman lets his nemeses go?

I understand what you're saying, and it's one of the main themes in TDK... again, have you seen that yet?

It deals with Bruce trying to accept his place as the savior of Gotham, and the effect his symbolism has on the city. That balance between being that symbol and keeping his moral ground is the struggle, you're right, but why make two films that address the same thing?

What I envision is more of him dealing with the concept of metamophosis. Batman is becoming more bat than man. He is becoming more a force of nature than that of justice. He isn't working based on justice but more as a force against the darkness.

I take it from his consistent avoidance of the question that he has not.

NSW is correct in that hearing what happens confirmed what I was afraid they were going to do with the film. I've read discussion and reviews about the movie since it came out. So I've done everything but see the movie.

As for why I am avoiding the question, I simply can't go to a theatre for financial and health reasons. I don't want to go into that and I don't think it is fair that because I can't go I can't offer ideas for the future of the series.

What I envision is more of him dealing with the concept of metamophosis. Batman is becoming more bat than man. He is becoming more a force of nature than that of justice. He isn't working based on justice but more as a force against the darkness.

Kafka much?

NSW is correct in that hearing what happens confirmed what I was afraid they were going to do with the film. I've read discussion and reviews about the movie since it came out. So I've done everything but see the movie.

As for why I am avoiding the question, I simply can't go to a theatre for financial and health reasons. I don't want to go into that and I don't think it is fair that because I can't go I can't offer ideas for the future of the series.

It is because you're speculating about another film without seeing the one before it... most of your ideas are either addressed in the film in a really great way or don't have much of a place in the established Nolanverse.

Reading discussions and reviews of a film <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< actually seeing it.

I want Manbat, Catwoman and toss in an appearance of Talia. Let the love triangle begin. Also, a continuous theme in the Bat mythos. Riddler would be ok too or Poison Ivy done in the proper way. I think the introduction of Talia could lead to the re-introduction of Ra's al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit down the roaad. They could use a more youthful actor to portray Ra's upon resurrection, I think they didn't do a great job with Ra's character in the first movie. But it is unlikely, they would re-use the same villain again but a Talia appearance would be great.

only Batman fans will understand Batman movies.

I dont undiestand any movie, except to say I enjoyed Batman and Robin.

they used Keaton, Michelle, DiVito, Nicholson back then because they were safe old-style old-type Hollywood hottie bigshots with names up in lights.

nowadays more variety to choose from.

I think it's fairly easy for most people to understand Batman movies... they aren't exactly super-intellectual entertainment.

"Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman.He has also mentioned that the villain of the upcoming film may be The Riddler."

Johnny Depp ? Edward Norton ? :hmm:

"Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman.He has also mentioned that the villain of the upcoming film may be The Riddler."

Johnny Depp ? Edward Norton ? :hmm:

Hopefully not the first, and Norton's already attached to the Hulk, so that can't work.

Sam Rockwell would be crazy awesome.

Depp's been playing oddballs for years, why not Riddler ?

The real question is will Joker be retired or will someone take over the role for next movie ?

Because I'm not a fan of his... that's why.

I'm actually Christopher Nolan.

Depp's been playing oddballs for years, why not Riddler ?

The real question is will Joker be retired or will someone take over the role for next movie ?

Of all the Riddler suggestions I've heard anywhere so far, my favourite is easily Jude Law.

Back
Top Bottom