5 downloads for the week. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-20-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
love, blood, life
Local Time: 10:14 AM
5 downloads for the week.

you don't have these songs. Go and download them. They're really good.

1. This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)- Talking Heads: Ride that slinky bass line. Ah, that 80's keyboard sound perfected.

2. Apartment Song- Tom Petty: Much of today's rock has ignored the "roll." Ya know, the rock backbeat that gives your hips a purpose and a place to nest. Toe tappers need not apply. A 1989 classic.

3. Cuz You're Gone- The Goo Goo Dolls: Everyone's favorite AAR whipping boys. But you didn't listen to them in 1993? Did you? A riff lovers goldmine. They used to be the monkey's uncle.

4. Dance To The Storm- The Hothouse Flowers: An Irish barnstormer. Recorded live. If you sit still whilst listening to this, call 911.

5. Shanty Song- Jonathan Edwards: "We're gonna lay around the shanty mama, and put a good buzz on." Songs don't get more fun than this.

So tell me...what songs should I download? and why?

"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
Old 08-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
you are what you is
Local Time: 05:14 PM
1. Aphex Twin - Boy/Girl song because this is music, not electronic music

2. Johan - When I'm on my own I could haev picked any other track of their "Thnx Jhn" album, but it just shows that excellent music is still being made in The Netherlands

3. Lucinda Williams - Over time because music doesn't become more beautiful heartbreaking than this

4. Frank Zappa - Montana everyone needs to start somewhere with Mr. Zappa, this is just one of the possible 3,000 Zappa songs to d/l

5. Os mutantes - Panis et circense mainly because I don't understand why people on this forum only manage to mention music with english lyrics most of the time (except for the hugely overrated Sigur Ros)

an extremely flawed list, but fun nonetheless
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa