5.1 surround sound/SACD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but if not I'm sure this will be moved.

Anway, my parents just got this 5.1 surround sound system for their home and I wanted to get them a cd or two to test it out. I've heard Steely Dan's "Gaucho" is just amazing on 5.1. Does anyone know of other albums that are available in 5.1 that sound great.

And can any cd player play SACD's to their full capability? Or do you have to have a special cd player to hear all that SACD has to offer.

Last question: are all 5.1 cds SACDs. I don't really understand the disctinctions.

Any thoughts and input would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

I've owned a Pioneer Elite SACD/DVD-Audio capable player for a few years as part of my 5.1 system, and I own a few 5.1 discs.
The disc player must be capable of playing that format - search for "SACD Player" on a shopping site to see examples.

To find a list of titles offered, go to amazon.com, select "Music", and search for "SACD" or "DVD Audio".

I've heard a lot of great things about Flaming Lips's Soft Bulletin and Yoshimi in 5.1... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom