4th of July -What are your plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
I'm going to Ensenada, Mexico.

The lobster there is awesome!
aboutlg3.gif

....and it's funny, but most of us there will be americans celebrating the holiday in a different country:happy:

...the fireworks are also amazing....since there is almost no rules about them in that area, people use some very powerful ones!:crazy: ....I swear it looks like like a war zone....

I get Fireworks every year from out of state merchants ...
M40s, M80s, M100s, and M120s ... plus quarter and half sticks of dynamite ... :combust:
I also get bottle rockets, several varieties of fountains and firecrackers ... :up:
I'm surprised nobody at my parties has "blown off" their fingers or hands yet !! :laugh:
Actually, my friends are pretty careful with the stuff !! :wink:
Our fireworks show usually lasts til early morning and even my
neighbors watch the show ... :ohmy:
They are so-ooo cool as they NEVER call the police on us either !!
:applaud:

My mom's husband is unhealthily interested in fireworks, and so I'll probably be treated to scores of semi-illegal pyrotechnics if I head to her house.

I'll probably sleep late because it's a paid holiday from work.

I'll be trying to keep my husband and sons from blowing their hands off.

icelle spent 4th of july weekend at my house last year, and we're planning the same thing this year.

:hyper:

we hang out at the beach and watch the fireworks over the colorado river.

i have to work :grumpy:
but i'll get to see some fireworks over the weekend instead, the town of addison (northern suburb of dallas) has their fireworks early.

hopefully spending 4th of july with bg and kids.

i find out later this afternoon if my vacation is approved or not.

*prays*

I'll be landing in Edinburgh sometime on the 4th with the rest of the ONE and other delegates from around the globe for G8 events. My first time spending the 4th outside the country and not to mention spending my birthday which is the day after outside the country :)

I will be going to a family picnic during the day. Come evening, everyone comes over to my house to watch the fireworks. My house is on a hill above a park, where they set them out.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Lobster is the cockroach of the sea, a dirty bottom dweller. :wink: None for me thanks. :wink: I'll stick to blowing stuff up and drinking.

:drool: ....cockroaches....hhhhmmmm, yummy.:laugh:

I'll BBQ with friends then watch the fireworks at the Ocean Beach pier from my front yard and as soon as that show is over, dash to the back yard to see the fireworks display from Sea World which I can see in back of me! Hope everyone has a safe and sane holiday, no blown up body parts, no horrible sunburns, no nasty hangovers, no food poisoning from eating cockroaches from the sea bottom (that sounds SO gross but Carlos I'm with ya, I LOVE lobster!). I also hope all those celebrating the 4th takes a moment while indulging in fun, food, drink, etc. to remember what the significance of the day's celebration is all about and to be thankful to be an American in this great country of ours. :wave:

Dismantled said:
Its my birthday:dance: :dance: :dance:

but I'll be in Canada:scratch:

Happy Birthday Dismantled! It's my daughter's birthday as well. Couldn't have been born on a better day. Everyone is partying, and you get fireworks at night...

biggrinparty.gif

I'm going to my aunt and uncle's cabin in northern MN for the weekend. It's on a lake (like everything else in MN is) and they have a boat. Then on the actually 4th I'm coming home early and going to a bbq at my friends house.

Back
Top Bottom